West Coast University Employee Reviews

Techs look else where
Campus Information Technology Technician (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 27, 2019
You're promised the moon but, they do not deliver. The tech who has been here forever will undermine you at every step. You have no access to servers. Expect to play Dental software support something that will not be told to you during the interview or after; you will find this out on your own when your phone is going off about issues you have no experience dealing but, you are expected to handle. You will be asked to create tech guides that nobody reads or acknowledges; no on reads emails nor follows ITL protocol.
Pros
hour lunch can be a con at times.
Cons
lack of training, High turnover rates in management, terrible leadership here
Not enough employee focus.
sdfsf (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 28, 2018
Not enough employee focus. No career advancement opportunities. No recognition for efforts. Training is not offered. Management is so preoccupied with goals that they do not focus on their staff needs.
Sad environment at WCU.
Assistant Librarian (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CADecember 26, 2018
Administrators treat professors and staff like children with micromanaging. No trust of staff and/or professors. Age discrimination by some students and my boss and her boss. She wanted someone younger. Her boss, my age peer, wanted someone younger. She did not like older women. She liked young women and men. Bizarre.
Pros
working with amazing nursing students
Cons
Micromanaging of my bosses boss. Horrible person who treated those below her like children
For-profit, at a cost to employees
Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 19, 2018
WCU has a very top-heavy, corporate environment. High turnover among management at all levels leave teams overly stretched and demoralized. Silos of internal, conflicting teams make this a dog-eat-dog workplace.
Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 25, 2018
Managment needs to set example for the team. Lacks respect and fairness. Needs to hear all sides before making a decision. Rules have to be follow by everyone in the department not just for certain employees.
Pros
Benefits ok
Cons
Pay
WCU has wonderful potential; excellent orientation
Nursing instructor (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLOctober 2, 2018
The school is well organized at many levels but allows poor management leadership by giving too much power for some. There is no effective program to counter this abuse of power. WCU spends a generous amount of time and money on good Professors who leave because of these bully behaviors.
Pros
Good salary & benefits
Cons
Tolerant of bully behaviors among staff and faculty
New management took a turn for the worst.
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 18, 2018
The wheel doesn’t always have to be reinvented. Just because you have a new manager doesn’t mean you should allow them to fire their entire team. Not everyone is perfect and can always meet every little expectation you have we are entitled to be our own individuals. The CEO always said to hire and promote within and the Ontario campus never did so. Instead they bring cut throat management that are over qualified and so they think they can run the entire department on their own. But to each their own that new manager in Student Affairs won’t last a year.
Pros
The staff is extra friendly and collaborative. Management I can’t say the same!
Cons
High turnover rates in management.
I was there as a no-benefits temporary employee.
System Engineer, AD Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 20, 2018
I was there as a no-benefits temporary employee. There was little to no expectations for extension or hire as an FTE. Missions, meetings work/life balance, commissions and bonuses were not a part of my experience there.
Poor management and high turn over
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 8, 2018
I've been with this company for almost a year ad so far I have seen so many new faces each month. This company fires individuals on a whim. Both Dean's were let go from both campuses. They expect you to work OT, everything must be down now. Probably one of the worse jobs I've had. Management will throw you under the bus at any given moment. Did I mention the benefits are not that great. Just for vision and dental I am paying $80... Great job for 1-2 years but, career wise I would pass.
Pros
lunch is an hour
Cons
terrible leadership here
Lack of effective leadership
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 2, 2018
A typical day was trying to accomplish unattainable goals with little to no support. It was a culture of fear that stemmed from the top down. They conducted business out of compliance and violated multiple state and federal regulations.
Stressful, accelerated program of study.
College Professor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 1, 2018
It was an accelerated program of study that accepted a fair amount academically high risk students who needed extra attention and care to facilitate success.
Pros
Good pay - however, not enough for home ownership in Orange County.
Cons
Excessive workload
Could have been a fulfulling job if with proper guidance provided by management
OB Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJune 25, 2018
I am passionate about teaching and this is what keeps me employed at West Coast University. But one can only do so much and without receiving the necessary support, it will be a complete challenge to carry on the work without having to compromise its quality.
Great Place for Adjuncts
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMay 20, 2018
As an adjunct professor at WCU, I was treated with extreme professional courtesy. My position was part time, but the students and administration valued my efforts as much as a full-time employee.
Pros
Great location, students & administration are nice
Cons
Some technology issues
Good Entry Level Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 9, 2018
Good entry level
Learned many skills
Multi-tasking was very important
Fast paced
Dealt with disgruntled students
Made long lasting friendships
Lots of emails and calls
very micro managed environment
Senior Healthcare Educator and Enrollment Manager (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAMay 7, 2018
Highly stressful and fast paced day to day - there is no downtime,

Nothing is good enough although our office and team broke records, and achieved every single goal.
Campus Culture
Campus Dean, Nursing and Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 27, 2018
Company is made up of multiple locations and each location has its own unique culture and feel

Culture at my location was wondeful and full of amazingly talented service-driven faculty and associates
Pros
Coffee Shop on Site
Cons
Interactions are complicated within matrix structure
Most enjoyable part of job
Clerical work (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 30, 2018
Everyone was great in the offices. Team work was a priority. Pay was always deposited on time. Networking was inevitable. Great experience with great people.
Pros
Collaborative work
Cons
Students were very mean
Hunger games environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 28, 2018
You're expected to immediately know the company set up. The whole team is given the same task and then the Director compares all. You get written up for asking questions because you don't know the company.
Pros
Cons
The CEO needs to know how his Directors are treating his employees
West Coast University is a stepping stone...
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2018
West Coast University is an ok for-profit university.Essentially, if you are looking for a job to work for at least a year for your resume, this is the place for you. Unless you have a PhD or Doctorate in some healthcare profession, you will not grow here. The benefits are decent. The pay is just "ok" for the Greater Los Angeles metro living standards. The pay is non-negotiable so keep that in mind. You will feel insignificant in your role and leadership will remind you of that. Again, use this job as a stepping stone to achieve bigger and better.

P.S. Take your 15 min. breaks! It's your right, by California law.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Holiday Party, A bit of autonomy in your work.
Cons
Campus Leadership, Poor Communication, Poor Management
Great environment
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2018
Being a work-study at West Coast University was great because they were flexible with my school schedule. The term would be 10 weeks long and my schedule was changing every 10 weeks as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Coast University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight