West Coast University Employee Reviews

WCU has wonderful potential; excellent orientation
Nursing instructor (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLOctober 2, 2018
The school is well organized at many levels but allows poor management leadership by giving too much power for some. There is no effective program to counter this abuse of power. WCU spends a generous amount of time and money on good Professors who leave because of these bully behaviors.
Pros
Good salary & benefits
Cons
Tolerant of bully behaviors among staff and faculty
New management took a turn for the worst.
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 18, 2018
The wheel doesn’t always have to be reinvented. Just because you have a new manager doesn’t mean you should allow them to fire their entire team. Not everyone is perfect and can always meet every little expectation you have we are entitled to be our own individuals. The CEO always said to hire and promote within and the Ontario campus never did so. Instead they bring cut throat management that are over qualified and so they think they can run the entire department on their own. But to each their own that new manager in Student Affairs won’t last a year.
Pros
The staff is extra friendly and collaborative. Management I can’t say the same!
Cons
High turnover rates in management.
I was there as a no-benefits temporary employee.
System Engineer, AD Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 20, 2018
I was there as a no-benefits temporary employee. There was little to no expectations for extension or hire as an FTE. Missions, meetings work/life balance, commissions and bonuses were not a part of my experience there.
Poor management and high turn over
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 8, 2018
I've been with this company for almost a year ad so far I have seen so many new faces each month. This company fires individuals on a whim. Both Dean's were let go from both campuses. They expect you to work OT, everything must be down now. Probably one of the worse jobs I've had. Management will throw you under the bus at any given moment. Did I mention the benefits are not that great. Just for vision and dental I am paying $80... Great job for 1-2 years but, career wise I would pass.
Pros
lunch is an hour
Cons
terrible leadership here
Lack of effective leadership
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 2, 2018
A typical day was trying to accomplish unattainable goals with little to no support. It was a culture of fear that stemmed from the top down. They conducted business out of compliance and violated multiple state and federal regulations.
Could have been a fulfulling job if with proper guidance provided by management
OB Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJune 25, 2018
I am passionate about teaching and this is what keeps me employed at West Coast University. But one can only do so much and without receiving the necessary support, it will be a complete challenge to carry on the work without having to compromise its quality.
Great Place for Adjuncts
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMay 20, 2018
As an adjunct professor at WCU, I was treated with extreme professional courtesy. My position was part time, but the students and administration valued my efforts as much as a full-time employee.
Pros
Great location, students & administration are nice
Cons
Some technology issues
Good Entry Level Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 9, 2018
Good entry level
Learned many skills
Multi-tasking was very important
Fast paced
Dealt with disgruntled students
Made long lasting friendships
Lots of emails and calls
very micro managed environment
Senior Healthcare Educator and Enrollment Manager (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAMay 7, 2018
Highly stressful and fast paced day to day - there is no downtime,

Nothing is good enough although our office and team broke records, and achieved every single goal.
Campus Culture
Campus Dean, Nursing and Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 27, 2018
Company is made up of multiple locations and each location has its own unique culture and feel

Culture at my location was wondeful and full of amazingly talented service-driven faculty and associates
Pros
Coffee Shop on Site
Cons
Interactions are complicated within matrix structure
Most enjoyable part of job
Clerical work (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 30, 2018
Everyone was great in the offices. Team work was a priority. Pay was always deposited on time. Networking was inevitable. Great experience with great people.
Pros
Collaborative work
Cons
Students were very mean
Hunger games environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 28, 2018
You're expected to immediately know the company set up. The whole team is given the same task and then the Director compares all. You get written up for asking questions because you don't know the company.
Pros
Cons
The CEO needs to know how his Directors are treating his employees
West Coast University is a stepping stone...
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2018
West Coast University is an ok for-profit university.Essentially, if you are looking for a job to work for at least a year for your resume, this is the place for you. Unless you have a PhD or Doctorate in some healthcare profession, you will not grow here. The benefits are decent. The pay is just "ok" for the Greater Los Angeles metro living standards. The pay is non-negotiable so keep that in mind. You will feel insignificant in your role and leadership will remind you of that. Again, use this job as a stepping stone to achieve bigger and better.

P.S. Take your 15 min. breaks! It's your right, by California law.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Holiday Party, A bit of autonomy in your work.
Cons
Campus Leadership, Poor Communication, Poor Management
Great environment
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2018
Being a work-study at West Coast University was great because they were flexible with my school schedule. The term would be 10 weeks long and my schedule was changing every 10 weeks as well.
Great Supervisor, stressful environment.
PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 25, 2018
Upper management did not support our department, they did not understand how much our department supported the Company. My Supervisor was so supportive. We were so busy helping the employees with payroll. The Accounting Manager decided to lay off the whole payroll department and outsource it out to ADP, they wanted to save money, and not get our department more help as the Company was growing.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes.
Cons
Never was able to take any breaks.
Registrars Office North Hollywood
Assistant Registrar (Former Employee) –  North HollywoodMarch 9, 2018
The school was a good a place to work, but certain departments need massive inside out improvement. Many of the workers have no idea how to help( or even want to) help students. We were encouraged to make students come less to the office with tactics such as " shut down days" and long processing day turn arounds for students paperwork. There was favoritism from the boss and lack of professionalism. There was micro managing down to every word we said to students, and there was lots of yelling and rudeness. Many of the upper management have been here so long they know how to hide what they are doing from the directors and upper management. I am glad I left when I did. The professors on the other hand are brilliant.
Pros
Free tea. Good determined students
Cons
Office management. Lack of good leadership and experience with good leadership
Management is very effective for the development of teacher-student relationship for learning the subject.
Faculty Of general science (Former Employee) –  West coast university ,ONTFebruary 8, 2018
I honestly enjoyed teaching in West coast university. I had a friendly teaching environment. The management skill of the Dean of the
West coast University had a practical influence in strengthen the teaching motivation for the faculty. I learned the advanced method of teaching in our Faculty meetings.
Pros
students get make over test
Cons
part time job can be taken off anytime without any replacment
ADJUNCT FACILTY (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Ontario office is a nice place to work. The work environment is clean, organized and the staff is pleasant and helpful to each other. The company pays well and treats staff like professionals.
Pros
pay, non stress environment
Cons
adjunct pays better
very fast paced work always something to do
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 19, 2018
running the list of student making sure we are contacting the new students every 3 day to make sure they are packaged as well as working on a list of 50-60 repacks on top of the new students the admissions adviser gives you. Peers are great management make changes i would say 3-5 months they add or take away procedures etc. communication lacks of the changes sometimes and that makes the job frustrating. Hardest part is trying to balance the repacks at the same time as the new students because there are many files we go through
Pros
events and parties are amazing the CEO is a great person
Cons
N/a
Loved working there.
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2018
I loved the environment.The staff seemed happy and the students seemed like they enjoyed being there as well. The facility is beautiful. I'm sorry it was a temp job.