West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 3,068 reviews matching the search See all 3,116 reviews
Overall Outlook of the Company
BUSINESS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 18, 2018
When you come in you would get logged in on your computer and your phone. Once your in you can start talking calls. Now WEST gives you 2 weeks of training to learn their call flow, and from then you are on your own to make your own call flow that just follows a guide line. The company feels that way is best to boost sales. Once you get a call you activate your customers business American Express account, and go over some of the great features that the credit card will have to offer them and their business. I learn some great information about different work industries; things like their expenses or their every day needs. Work place over all was clean, friendly, fun, and family oriented. We would play games to challenge sales and have food days. The hardest part of the job was sometimes getting the card holder into your call, a lot of them are busy and on the go, and just don't have the time to talk to you about the ins and outs of their business. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely a toss up between the people I worked with and the money.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
The once in a blue moon bad day in sales.
Decent pay, Good training opportunity, poor management, lazy culture
TECH SUPPORT/PHONES (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 15, 2018
Cons: A culture of rebellion and sloth. Unenforced dress codes to an extreme (sloppy, unkempt and poor hygienics). Management mistrust of employees in general and little to no floor support for new agents. Thrown to the wolves creating a high-stress level and low morale.

Pros: A great initial training program for tech support reps specifically for the AT&T Cellular product support.
Pros
Initial training period (8 weeks). Decent pay @ 12.50
Cons
No follow up coaching, minimal floor support, unreachable Management.
Fun place to work
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68154November 14, 2018
Good people to work with. fun job. good benefits. flexible schedule and bosses were nice and let you take off when necessary and if you needed to leave early it was ok.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
low pay
No communication
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 14, 2018
No communication very poor training the leadership is lacking. The work culture is non-transparent and not streamline. The attitude is "sink or swim". I would not return to this company for employment.
Pros
n/a
Cons
a lot
Fun place to work in a team environment
MOBILE SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WANovember 13, 2018
Inbound call from customers regarding troubleshooting mobile devices, adding plans, removing devices, going over phone diagnostics, helping solve billing questions or to activate device
Pros
Rewards for great service
Cons
pay and no room to move up in the company
Great people
Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXNovember 12, 2018
The benefits are expensive. The 401k isn't that good. To off-set that though, the hours are great, the people and managers that I worked with were amazing ! The job itself, you must be very self disciplined and able to stay focused. The bonus structure was never explained and the company would make large amounts off of what the employees brought in but seem to not share the profit very fairly. Long story short, if you want a decent paying job and be able to have a family atmosphere at work while maintaining a home life without long hours and working holidays, this is the place for you. If you are very motivated for money, this is not the place for you unless you are willing to settle.
Pros
People and managers, time
Cons
Benefits, bonus structure
Fast pace environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 12, 2018
• Ensure excellent customer service, answer incoming calls for retention of customers, troubleshooting of cable service, answer questions about customer’s accounts and cancel service.
Pros
breaks
Cons
Pay
Changing times
Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working with my colleagues, who were passionate about what they do and were available to help when requested. Increase in number of meetings and plethora things to master.
West
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 12, 2018
I must admit, I did not learn anything while a employee here. It was the first thing available when I retired from active duty.it was recommended by the unemployment office.
Pros
Easy hire
Cons
Does not support employees
great pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 12, 2018
this job was great pay and flexible shifts unlike advancement moved slowly up the ladder and strict on call critiques must sit all day long and talk on the phone
Pros
great pay
Cons
more pay
Great co workers
Systems Engineer/ Pivotal Cloud Foundry Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 12, 2018
Great people to work with. Lay off used too often. Good talent left because of it. Work life balance is hard to achieve. Work load is excessive. They do allow working remote at times.
Pros
Great people to work with
West Corp
Inbound Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 10, 2018
West Corp was a great entry level job for me. I learned alot and the organization was very organized and continued to make great business decisions. Management was decent
All Aces
N/A (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 9, 2018
I really loved working here and hope the best for everyone!!! Really liked the style of management and the care the leadership had for its employees. great atmosphere.
This job wasnt terrible
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 9, 2018
Was a fairly stressful job. The management didnt communicate well. And they had some odd requirement for a call center, like business casual clothes were required.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
High stress environment
Departments change product line regularly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 9, 2018
Nice place work. very Micro managed but I get it. Pay is way to low for the stress you have to deal with. I worked there for 2 years and the department I was in (AT&T - AMEX) both went away while I was working in them.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No overtime
The worst
Customer services pfizer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 8, 2018
Worst place ever to work. I was put in a program that closed 3 mo tha later then they transferred me to an different program that I wasn't even close to qualified for so they set you up to fail just to get bodies in the seats
Loved working there
Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78249November 6, 2018
Assisted incoming calls for Medco pharmacy customers. Outstanding customer service. Increased medication for a supplies of 90 days instead of one month at a lower cost by mail.
Pros
Pot lucks every 3months. And annual celebration and christmas party
Cons
Health insurance. 401k. Paid vacation and sick days other benefits as while.
Awesome company to work for.
Customer Service Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 5, 2018
Overall great company to work for. I would definitely work for them again if the opportunity was to arise. Awesome co-worker's to mingle with on breaks/lunches.
Great job, poor attitude
Expert Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Point, GANovember 4, 2018
An operator at West requires, above all things, a positive attitude. The work is not especially demanding, and depends largely on a bit of natural talent with diction, but there is a large amount of down time and in some cases more cattiness and cliquishness than there has been at any other job I've worked. It's sad, honestly, because it doesn't have to be that way.
Pros
Easy work, good benefits, decent pay considering
Cons
Bad attitudes on the part of both customers and coworkers are relatively common
Producting and fun work place
Recruiting Specialist/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78249November 3, 2018
My typical work day would be to come in clock in, check my calendar to see if I have any appointments scheduled and to check if I have any paper work I might need to catch up on. Attend to applicants (walk-ins and appointments). I learned so much from West I had an excellent Supervisor who went above and beyond to train and teach all we could know about the job and more. I love it West it was such a diverse work place, it was great just to get to know people and the different cultures. The hardest part of my job was to have my job eliminated, so having to leave was the hardest for me, I really enjoyed and love it there. What I most enjoyed was seeing my co-workers they were like family to me, being able to help others was such satisfaction to me.
Pros
Being abe to work at West such a great experience
Cons
having to leaving my job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss