West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 3,383 reviews matching the search See all 3,486 reviews
Great Manager
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 21, 2019
I enjoyed working with my Manager while I was working for West Corporation. He taught me some valuable information about my job at the time. Really cared about his employee's.
Blah
Business Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 20, 2019
Stay away Boring, low pay play to work. Managers don't care about you and think of you only as a trained monkey. Can't wait to get out.
great place to learn customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 20, 2019
really enjoy the experience of interacting with customers as well as current and potential clients. learned a lot of self motivation as well as determination to exceed goals
Pros
set schedule
Cons
management
Big Corp Company
EVENT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 20, 2019
If you like working in Big Corporations - and jumping through hoops to get promotions then this is the company for you! The work life balance at the position I was in was non-existent.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Taken for Granted
fun co workers, client answered for sucked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 19, 2019
Every week they changed the privacy policies on investors and so it was so inconsistent. You had to read scripts to people that would change weekly because of the policies and most were angry because they were in a foreclosure type situation.
Pros
sometimes overtime, fun management teams
Cons
short breaks
A terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 19, 2019
This place is a hire and fire factory. They do not care one iota about their workers. Avoid it. I worked in the call center and it was 100% stress from the moment you got on the phones until the moment it was time to leave. This company promised the world to its clients then failed to deliver. And if there was one group of people it cared about less than its own workers, it would be the client's customers. It was positively shameful how they treated their workers and the customers they were supposed to be serving.
Pros
a paycheck - albeit only briefly
Cons
Just about everything you can imagine
My review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 19, 2019
I worked for a client that had us doing account management. The job was not hard. It did require some soft sales.The workplace environment was fairly easy. You could chat between calls when the lines were slower with teammates.
Good experience
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 18, 2019
Overall, my experience at West was a good one. Represented many fortune 500 companies which was fun. Gained much experience and knowledge there, which was helpful with finding other job opportunities.
Pros
Nice work environment
n/a
Sales (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIMarch 16, 2019
fun place to work, met a lot of great people, management was really nice and responsive. Took time to assist you with your needs as well as the co-workers.
low pay
Operations Lead/QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 16, 2019
Low pay for the amount of work you do in a day. Had fun working there the first 10 years but the culture changed after that. Typical day was moderate however management would micromanage on occasion.
Pros
met interesting people
Cons
low pay
Day to day
Associate (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIMarch 13, 2019
Team performance moving to goal. Balance is key. In a dynamic environment priorities change quickly. The culture is on the bottom line and high performance.
Pros
Gave me the opportunity to advance
Cons
Shrinking business
Good people, terrible job
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 12, 2019
Call center environment, need to hit your numbers or you get written up. Poor pay, limited advancement opportunities. Good job if you’re looking for something right now.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Tedious work, poor pay
This job was at a call center.
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 10, 2019
This job was a t a call center. I received calls for Comcast Cable. There were a lot of rules to abide by. There were certain scripts to follow. Things and expectations changed often. Most people that came through the training class only lasted a few months. Some didn't even last through the training. The hours that we worked changed periodically and we had to bid for the time we wanted. I was raising a son alone and it had to make these changes.
Nice facility and accommodations
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 9, 2019
Large building. Relaxation room available. No commissions for sales. Short lunch break. Management was kind and professional. Coworkers were nice.
Easily, laid back
Event Specialist Teleconferencing Operator (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAMarch 7, 2019
West is a very family orientated environment(your co-workers are more like family); management shows favoritism towards certain employees. Management was my only issue with West, the hourly pay used to be the issue but they went in and advanced the pay accordingly
Pros
vacation time, pay, family envirnoment
Cons
lunches, management and advancements
Was a great company to work.
TELEMARKETER (Former Employee) –  Woodway, TXFebruary 28, 2019
Talking on the phones, multitasking and problem solving. My first job involving customer service and sales via the phone. Management was great! The culture was fast paced but fun.
Pros
Rewards for meeting quota
Cons
No cons.
West has two locations
Wireless Operator (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 28, 2019
One of West's locations is downtown with lots of convenient services, but no parking. The other West location was further away from home, had adequate parking, but no convenient services.
Pros
Nice climate controlled environment, but it was in an older building with both good and bad areas.
Cons
Parking was adequate at best.
Great Customer Care
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 26, 2019
Always several agents available to take calls and assist customers in any way possible. Taking time with each customer and making sure accounts are accurate and receiving the best service.
Poor Management/Bad Nepotism
Insurance Validator/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Serious cases of nepotism at West Corporation in Sherman Texas. I enjoyed working for the company and enjoyed the work I did. However leaving became very easy to do due to the unfair treatment of those of us who weren't related to or friends with the managers in position at the time I was employed there. Not to mention it became very frustrating to have to go to the smoking area every time you wanted to track down management.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Poor managment
No job security
Associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 19, 2019
The programs you work in are clients of West. They may suddenly decide to go in another direction, or to cut costs. When this happens, we are informed of this decision and HR does their best to place us in a different program. I've been here for 5 months and I'm about to enter my 3rd program. The bonus structure is nice, but there's no guarantee that you'll get it. The overall culture is nice and I like my coworkers, but I hate the feeling that I may not be in this position for very long.
Pros
Cons
Job security, compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight