West County Honda Employee Reviews

Did not even start
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MOApril 17, 2019
Applied to this position as an Advisor, 1st interview I talked with the service manager. Then we talked to the service director, no issues with this at all. They said they would call. 4 days go buy and then they wanted another interview, so I could meet the team, granted, I was still working at another job. So I complied and went In again. Spent a total of 20 minutes the second time and 40 minutes the first time. At this point I figured we were moving forward not knowing just how bad it was getting. Waited weeks, found something else, service manager texted me and said can you start next week. Long story short, no one knows what the heck they’re doing at this place, no person has anything together with organization compared to other dealers I’ve worked. Sad! Also, all the advisors they have are people that have no experience and get paid the same as people that have 10 years in.
Pros
Never will be
Cons
Management, organization
Confusion
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ballwin MissouriJanuary 27, 2019
I worked there for a total of 12 hours before I just left and went home without saying anything took them two hours to figure out that I had left, place is chaos management is the worst lotta backstabbing at the service desk
Horrible experience
Office (Former Employee) –  Ellisville, MONovember 3, 2018
Watch your back! Management is two-faced. People are terminated with no or little reason. Employees are set up to fail, put in positions that are no win. Think hard before you except a job there!
terrible!!!
Inventory Manager/ Head Porter (Former Employee) –  Ellisville, MOOctober 31, 2018
Honda was an awful company to work for. By far, the worst I had ever worked for. The management was terrible with their employees. They would fire on the spot for small things and never had a professional attitude no matter what the situation. I left knowing I could not afford to quit a full time position, however, I hated how I would make the 45 minute drive home everyday in tears. It was not worth it. I believe the company does not care about the employees.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
management
Chaotic work place!!
CSE Agent (Former Employee) –  Ellisville, MOJuly 31, 2018
Biggest turn over rate out of any company I have ever worked for. Management never knew what was going on. They closed down several departments and fired all workers same day. Horrible customer satisfaction score in sales and service. Constant costumer complaints and issues. LOW district scores. Managers bad mouthed their workers behind their backs as well as each other.
Pros
Discounts on service work for employee vehicles
Cons
Chaotic work place!!
Micromanaged and "Supervised" by a Gm who doesn't have your best interests in mind
SALES REP (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2018
Some management tries to help you, but the remainder of them will throw you under the buss at any given moment. GM will belittle you in front of guests and always makes the employees that work for him uncomfortable. They will get everything out of you and replace you at a moments notice so there's really no room for advancement. Don't contribute to this places turn over rate.
Pros
Little to none/slightly flexible with hours
Cons
Management management management
Loss of Hair and bank account
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ellisville, MOApril 20, 2018
I’ve never been more disrespected in my life. It was hard to work deals with the manager because I knew they would embarrass me in front of the staff.
Pros
Free Saturday lunches
Amazing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West County HondaNovember 8, 2017
I have been working in dealers for years, and this is one of the best that I have been in. The management staff really cares about the employees. Everyone goes out of their way to make sure you understand and do well in your position.
Pros
Management really does care.
make your own decision
Advisor (Former Employee) –  west countyOctober 28, 2017
place changes its mind more than any place I have been at. could be a good place if they would stop changing everything and listen to what the customers want.
Pros
Cons
stressful long hours and everyone stabs everyone any chance they get especially the office
Terrible company, completely incompetent management and ownership.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ellisville, MOOctober 10, 2017
Worst dealership around. The most ignorant and incompetent managers you'll ever meet. The owner in charge of day to day lives out of state, and could care less about anyone but himself.
good job with poor management
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MOOctober 4, 2017
enjoyed my job but was fired with no reason( assume age) and with no written or verbal warning. I never missed a shift in two years. I saw management change from top to bottom several times including the general manager.
Pros
free saturday lunches
Cons
four managers in two years
Traveling to other states delivering cars
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 24, 2014
When I wasn't delivering cars, I worked in the service drive;

Specialized Customer Service;

Original Service Manager was Awesome, his replacement wasn't
very well organized;

My Co-Workers were productive and Awesome;

Hardest part of the job was having to deliver out of state cars at the last minute i.e. 1430 in the afternoon without any time to plan or co-ordinate child care with spouse;

Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that 2 out of the 3 owners completely entrusted my work ethnic and professionalism
when delivering New or Used cars to their friends in Louisville, Ky.
Pros
Travel
Cons
New mgmnt didn't like my closeness to the owners!
Great place to learn the car business
Sales Manager/Closer (Current Employee) –  Ellisville, MissouriMay 31, 2013
Mainly responsilbe for the sales floor and the operation of the sales floor.