West Dermatology Employee Reviews

One Big Managment Click
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 20, 2018
If for ANY reason management does not like you; you're gone! And when they let you go; they are not truthful of the reason. They hired me to do one job, but trained me in a totally different position ???
Benefits
Cons
Managment
productive work environment
Medical Assistant/Certified Dermatology Tech (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 10, 2017
very busy practice. ability to transfer from positions. held several positions within the practice. medical dental and vision were provided enjoyed the paid vacations and time off given.
Pros
hour lunch, paid vacations
Cons
busy practice
I needs a change of jos
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 20, 2017
Under new management and the staff as well as physcians left the practice. New supervisor made lots of changes and did not care of staffs concerns nor wants.
Great Place
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 11, 2017
Fast paced results oriented company that cares about its emplouees. Excellent work/life balance and plenty of opportunity to grow. I would recommend this company.
Friendly and overwhelming fun place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAAugust 12, 2017
Performing basic clinical tasks, skin cancer screenings and assisting with biopsy's, excisions, curettage and destruction. Helping educate patients about procedures. Keeping up with your charts making sure they are done by the end of the day. Its an Overwhelming job and fast paste but fun to work at you learn many things about skin.
Enjoy working and getting to meet new people
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 24, 2017
My day starts busy enjoying and meeting new patients. Then in a blink of an eye my day is done. Just looking forward to the next day is rewarding with a smile.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Rare OT
very stressful environment
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAMarch 4, 2017
this job was very fast pace, management was disapointing to me, co workers worked very hard. Dr. was very knowledgeable but he wasn't as compassionate as I thought he should have been to his employees.
Corporate culture does not work in medicine
Back Office Lead (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 21, 2016
There is lack of support from the corporate office leaving the branch office to fend for itself. Many patients complain about not being able to contact the office directly (always getting the exchange). Any suggestions to management to help make things better do not get addressed. Morale is low making it difficult to come to work.
Pros
Free drug rep lunches
Cons
Poor benefits and low pay, lack of management support
oversight of western area medical practices
Administrator / Regional Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 19, 2016
oversight of western area medical practices with much diversity and travel to 4 locations in CA, 1 location in ID. Oversight of Costa Rican arm of company.
Need to update their system and treat their employees better
Front Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAMarch 19, 2016
My review is that everyone needs an editor. While there were good times, the value system has turned to an unproductive, time consuming tasks, greedy culture.
Great field of medicine to work in. Very interesting and a lot to learn.
Front Office Administrator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Great field of medicine to work in. Very interesting and a lot to learn. Wonderful back office staff, Doctor, and PA. Fast paced office with great patients.
Highly trained dermatologists
Dermatology practices- Back Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 5, 2015
Highly trained dermatology physicians and physician assistants.
Interesting and fun place to work. Very caring staff and team players. Management is good When illness or time off in staffing occurs the job became harder to complete in the time
allotted. Occasionally other employees would come from other
offices to assist but there were shortages in employees at times.
Pros
free lunches, drug sponsored dinners
Cons
affordable healthcare coverage was HMO
Good job
Receptionist/ Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 15, 2015
It was a great job. Learned a lot in my time there. Got to work one on one with great people. Would have continued working if the company hadn't moved out of state.
Client friendly atmosphere
Medical Receptionist/Charge Entry (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZDecember 9, 2014
The clients that come in West Dermatology are very pleased for the most part. They are treated well from the time they enter the front door until the moment they leave. The physicians and the PA's go above and beyond to make sure the patients are satisfied with their visit. The back office staff is always attentive to the patients every need when they are being seen. This is a great place to work but the distance is somewhat strenuous on my daily lifestyle.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Distance to get there
Temporary position
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 25, 2014
Liked the people and the ability to choose when I worked. Enjoyed my assignments.
Pros
work hours flexible.
Cons
por pay
Fun workplace but hypocritical supervisor.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMay 14, 2014
I enjoyed my job with them but my supervisor didn't follow through with promises at date of hire and also disciplined employees for things such as cell phones when he did the same thing. It was not business related. Overall, I enjoyed this job and most of the time it was a very fun environment.
Pros
Overtime was sometimes available, which helped me out.
Cons
I wanted to be back office from the start but never got trained.
Busy but uncomfortable
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMarch 10, 2014
I like being busy at work, having many patients come in interacting with them was the best part of the day. The front office lead made the day feel very uncomfortable it's like walking on egg shells. You never know what kind of mood she will be in. Creates a uncomfortable atmosphere within the whole office. Other co-workers were very nice and a joy to work with. Management was no help. reason for my leaving IS HER.
One of the most educational jobs I have ever had
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 25, 2013
SKin is one of the most interesting organs. I love to be part of patient care and all that it details
I love this job
Medical Billing Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CASeptember 12, 2013
Answering multiple phone lines
call insurance/patients regarding payments
take patient payment
post payments
audit claims
file appeals
I learned how to work medical collections
co-workes were mostly kind, happy enjoyable people whom worked together to get job done
I loved learning this job, the praise i received from the owner and my co-workers
hardest part was not being able to make all patients happy
Pros
Working for West Dermatology aka Medical Billing Resources and being able to add to my skills
Interesting position
Clinical Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 26, 2013
Worked at this office during my externship through Heald College. Loved the office environment and the people. Very interesting learning about integumentary system and various diseases. Would love to work here permanantly
Pros
Experience in my field
Cons
Employer was not hiring for full time positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Dermatology. Our community is ready to answer.