West Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I would go back!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 24, 2018
Great learning opportunity and also great continued learning opportunities. Staff was professional most of them friendly. Training and continual updates are plus and good benefits.
Large, busy hospital
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 20, 2018
West Florida Hospital is ranked in the top 100 hospitals in America. West Florida Hospital recently added a new pediatric emergency room to go along with their already large Emergency room.
Pros
Decent salary, benefits for full time employees
Cons
Small patient rooms for navigating portable US machines
Fun and fast paced
CNA and Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 18, 2018
Loved working the floors, especially behavior health. Most people here are willing to help you out and make you feel welcome. Only a few managers to be wary of.
Nice folks to work with
Phlebotomist A.S.C.P (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 14, 2018
I enjoyed the fellow staff and the competence of my co-workers. I enjoyed working both Inpatient and Outpatient. Everybody seemed happy and energetic.
The last 2.5 Years I work in post cariovascular surgery
ICU Manager, Jackie Posey BSN/RN (Former Employee) –  PENSACOLS, FLMarch 8, 2018
While being experienced in ccu/icu, this job gave me a chance to work with patients with open heart surgeries and learn more about how the heart responds to the shock of invasive techniques used to replace vessels, valves, etc. It was very fast pace and I had to be alert at all times to cardiac rhythem changes, fluid, electrolyte and body fluid replacement needs according to labs, arrythmias and orders. It was very rewarding.
Pros
Nurses, Doctors and ancillary staff worked well together.
Cons
Very stressful
The manager is very supportive.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 7, 2018
The hourly pay should be increased, and the nurse: patient ratio should be improved. Also, there is somewhat of a high turnover. Yet, the manager is very supportive and cares about the staff.
Healthcare
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Great company overall, but management is poor. My only complaint is the unfair treatment of certain employees. Basically if your not within the clique you will be treated unfairly.
Great Place To Work; Managed Needs Leadership Traning
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 30, 2018
The New HR Management is Very Disrespectful, Favorite Some Staff over Others, Do / did Not Take Responsibility for Her Own Errors / mistakes; Set-up Employee to Take the Blame for Her Errors / Mistakes, Never Available for Staff, Unfair Practices, Not a Team Player, Untruthful, Hired her Friends With no HR Experiences and do / did not follow WFH Standards of Behavioral Practice.

The Job Was a Great Job, Before the New HR Manager Took over; Great Staff, Dedicated to The Patients and The Community They Serve. However, The New HR Manager was / is Not The Right Person / Fit for an HR Management position (Not a People Person / No Personality). Staff Complains of her and the Other Two Staff members Being Rude and making them feel unwelcome to HR (This was before and after I Left).

WFH needs To Be Careful to Hire Management That is Dedicated To The care of Patients, Medical Day to Day Professionalism, Respect of Others, Team Players; Passionate about Healthcare, Employees and The Community That They Serve (Not Power Hungry Individuals).
Pros
CoWorkers, Benefits, Family / Work Life Balance, Pto, Culture
Cons
Management Disrespectful and Developement of Clicks; Favorite Certain Staff.
Just look at the turn over rate
RN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 21, 2018
Your license is at stake. You better be a strong Nurse to work here. Document for your safety. They will say you are over documenting and then won’t back you up.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
If you are not in the clique, you are bullied.
great place
Mammography Tech Assistant and Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 8, 2018
West Florida Hospital is a wonderful place to work. Its getting bigger by the day and they are patient and staff focused. They have quality staff and doctors and are always improving.
Worse job I’ve ever had.
Surgical pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 20, 2017
Was hired on as a surg. Pharmacy tech in the OR. Lied to straight from the beginning. My “trainer” did not teach me or let me do anything. I cleaned rooms majority of the time. Sometimes passed meds when she let me. Very ungrateful crnas. Nothing but lies. People are very mean and disrespectful in that department. HR was no better at fixing problems or following through with what the said.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Everything.
Great staff members, low payn
Scrub Tech (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 17, 2017
Great environment to work in, pay isn’t the best especially with someone with kids, have good benefits to offer, staff leaders offer many great meals throughout the year to show appreciation
Cons
Pay, lack of staff in some departments
was great at first but now too demanding
RN,BSN, MSM, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 11, 2017
My position is stressful and more demands are placed on the team daily. They want the length of stay down, all work completed prior to leaving for the day, all assessments completed, all nursing home and ALF orders completed, home health orders written and DME referrals done. At present the 32 beds I man are between two units and two different staffs which is not providing the best way to work. By January 2018 the unit will become one with the same staff.
Pros
once a month the staff is given a free lunch.
Cons
work day to long and expections set to high.
Great hospital
ICU/CVICU RN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 6, 2017
Fast paced as expected for a big Hospital. Pay is competitive for the area. Many opportunities to grow within the facility. Great place to work! Feels like family!
Great hospital to work for. It was where my great ultrasound career began.
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 17, 2017
This is were it all started for me. I started out in the radiology department, with no experience, as a Film Librarian. That was way back when we used to hang films for the radiologist! They encouraged my education and advancement in healthcare. They were always willing to work around my school schedule and hired me as a full time ultrasound technologist as soon as I graduated from ultrasound school. They taught me well. I love this profession and will always be grateful to them for facilitating this part of my life.
Pros
Great teaching hospital
Cons
It was a sad day when I had to relocate
Frendly place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  West FloridaOctober 13, 2017
In West Florida Hospital everybody woks relax. Is a good place to work because everybody makes you fill nice, like a team or part of a big family. The manager an the employees are really a good coworkers.
Nice 👍 work place and good hard work
Volunteer Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 10, 2017
Great learning experience ,free meal tickets good training experience for new employment ,supervisor is great with new volunteers,recived all employees knowledge on everything about being able to handle your work.
Pros
Food
Cons
Short hours
West Florida corporate and management did not value the team.
Medical-Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 4, 2017
At Christmas, we received a drop in pay instead of a bonus. We were frequently understaffed. Management cared more about patient surveys than the quality of patient care. This may not be the way for the entire hospital, but the floor I worked on... it was very difficulty to do your job adequately because of the management. Management was not helpful and increased the work load instead of helping the staff provide the best care for the patient.
Pros
worked with you on PTO, alot of exposure to learning
Cons
poor management, poor team work, poor staffing
Miserable work environment
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 4, 2017
Extremely understaffed which leads to stretching workers thing. Poor management that treats workers with no respect, changes schedule without any notice. Horrible pay compared to other local hospitals.
Friendly and relaxed atmosphere
Educ. Specialists/ Human Resource Coord/Secretary (Former Employee) –  7th Floor Education Dept.September 25, 2017
Enjoyable place to work, people there were very friendly and very pleasant to work with, able to work on your own and at your own pace, must be a people person