West Florida Hospital

West Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

United States131 reviews
Featured review
West Florida Hospital selected this as a representative review
Production and teamwork are very positive.
This is a great hospital for learning and or gaining experience. The staff on each floor that I worked were excellent at helping when they noticed a fellow nurse being overwhelmed. The administration was easily accessed for problems and or input. In general it was a great experience and I wish all my friends that I made there the very best.
Pros
Great staff
Ok to work for
Its an OK hospital wit decent staff. Management is horrible and treats you as only a number as has no respect for patient lives. Managers cannot be trusted.
Less than stellar
Been here about 1 year, definitely would not reapply or leave. Management will bold face lie to your face. A lot of micro management in lower level supervisor.
Good pay and benefits. Horrible place to work
Horrible scheduling, lots of favoritism.

Terrible patient care, honestly if you or your family member is feeling suicidal go anywhere else. You will not get help here.

Coworkers are borderline abusive and management enables/encourages them to

continue to bully you.

Units are not safe to work on.

This whole hospital is based solely on making nurses happy and risk the techs physical and mental health in order to do.
It's what you make of the job which makes it hard or not or good
I love what I do for the paitent and the support I get from my coworkers that makes it easier and less stressful. I'm keep doing what I do best for the hospital and the company.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Great
Great place to work i enjoyed it there they really care about employees u really would recommend this company to others. Thanjs for the opportunity to be an employee there
Could be better.
Poor opportunity to advance coupled with the lowest paying wages out of the hospitals in my area.
Redemption is the quality of management, don't expect to get paid based off of skill or ambition. Only years of experience matter.
People are great-management sucks!!!!!
Management is horrible. Will NEVER have your back and will throw you under the bus in a heart beat. They do not want to see anyone succeed or move on to better things. They are miserable and have no interest in improving the morale of their workers, they just run them into the ground. Everyone is overworked and underpaid. For the most part the nurses and technicians do a good job but management has no appreciation for the work they do nor do they care to treat them like human beings with families and lives of their own, just worker bees who are there to provide cheap labor. Shame on WFH and HCA!
Treated employees with respect
I worked there for three years and then I retired, Its hard work as I am an
Operating Room Nurse , I spent long hours most days away from family

with my work Family.
Small town feel
Small town feel is going more big business but that I feel is healthcare in general
You can advance quickly if you desire due to high turn over rates

If you have a will do attitude
Team is great, Big corporate management is terrible
Big corporate management is terrible. Over last two years focus is on Joint Commission not on patient care and employee satisfaction. Fear tactics consume management. They have lost all that has been great about the hospital and great patient care. They also stopped all private rooms, which I feel removes patient privacy.
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse
Great team at West Florida Hospital. I've grown professionally since I've started there. My coworkers are helpful, my management is involved, and overall it's a great place to work.
Great place to work if you are not full time student.
Good pay if you are looking for full time. I enjoyed the job it is a lot affects ability but I was a full time student so it's hard for me to do both as the only reason I left the job.
Experience
Since management is a revolving door you have the opportunity to learn a lot more with the extra responsibility that tends to fall on you. The extra work you are forced to put in will not be compensated.
Great company
Great company and excellent management 👍
Great staffing

Excellent management

Flexible hours and very understanding my manager was the best and very family oriented especially with my son whom has disabilities..
Enjoyed my co workers
I commuted one hour each way to and from work. This was the one thing I disliked the most. I really liked that they provided a room for me to sleep in on the nights I was on call.
Productive workplace
People were somewhat nice. Manager is very helpful when you first start but doesn’t check in with your needs after the first month. Flexible hours and good pay for the area.
great place to work.
There are so many chances to better yourself, with tuition reimbursement. They have a lot of benefits. The hardest part, in my opinion was having to work when there are hurricanes. I really enjoyed getting to be close with the physicians.
I would avoid working here. Profits are the only priority at this hospital!
I started working here in 2013. When I first started, I loved working for West Florida Hospital. Unfortunately, I've noticed after each passing year, the working conditions have gotten worse, and worse. I'm looking for a different job because patient safety is no longer a concern here. It's not difficult for new staff to realize that the "budget" is the only concern to management. They will purposefully understaff nurses to save a dollar. This cultivates a strong environment for burn out. They also do not reward loyalty. It's dishearting to find that the new nurses I orient make more money than I do!
Pros
You have a job and a source of income.
Cons
No regard to patient safety. Poor befits and pay. Purposeful under staffing.
Low pay, treated very poorly
Nurses are treated poorly & disposable by management. High nurse to patient ratios with no techs, commonly floated to other floors with no orientation. Low pay and often placed on call without any pay at all which I’m sure is illegal. In the 5 years I’ve worked here, I can count on one hand how many times I’ve actually been able to take a lunch. Don’t even think about voicing concerns about safety issues, management doesn’t care. You can not refuse an unsafe assignment or you will be fired. Often there’s no supplies and you have to search multiple floors within the hospital just to get supplies to take care of the patients on your floor. There is extremely high turnover for nurses due to the poor treatment by management.
Cons
Low pay, high ratios, treated poorly
Metrics
Metrics over patient care and safety. Unsafe working environment. The culture of management is to maintain metrics by any means necessary. Metrics are valued over safe quality care by administration. Many safety issues within the facility due to inadequate security
Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
West Florida Hospital Reviews by Location