West Georgia Technical College Employee Reviews

Business Tech Instructor
Instructor; Student Advisor-Business TechDivision (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 16, 2019
one of the program coordinators..cant think of her name offhand but she has a think Jamican accent is really rude and unprofessional and doesnt know how to talk to other professionals.
Good workplace to start out
Conference Center Staff (Former Employee) –  Murphy, GAJuly 27, 2019
A typical day was not very busy but when an event was near it was all hands on deck to help set-up. management was very understanding and kind. the culture is that of camaraderie, and help for those who need it. the hardest par is the lack of benefits to part-time staff, but the most enjoyable is the slow going pace when an event isn't coming up soon.
administrative assistant
Student Affairs Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJuly 20, 2019
helped do what I could make everyone's job run smoothly. Filed answered phones general receptionist job duties. Great part time job. Great group of people to work with.
Oconee Center- This is a horrible place to work.
Behavioral Health Provider (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 20, 2019
Anything the Oconee Center is involved in, is unethical with inadequate services. They are using West Georgia Technical College to draw people in. The Oconee Center has terrible reviews.
The CEO steals money and takes people's PTO, they allow contractors to harass employees, and do not care about clients. Aweful place to work, no advancement, and highly unethical management.
Great place to get your foot in the door
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJuly 5, 2019
I worked as an adjunct faculty member for a few semesters. The management and workplace culture are fine, but I wish there had been more of a collaborative environment for the adjuncts. The pay is very very low, even for adjunct jobs.
Teaching courses brought value to the job
Instructor, Culinary Arts (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJune 28, 2019
Teaching wasn't the problem it is the upper management misusing funds and picking favorites. Programs suffer for issues made by financial aid mistakes. College places people in positions without proper education.
Benefits
Productive and Family Oriented
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  BookstoreJune 27, 2019
I love my job at West Georgia Technical College Bookstore! It is the most functional and respectful work environment I have ever experienced. All of my co-workers and supervisors are amazing people and close like family.
Good job for a student
Federal Work Study (Current Employee) –  Waco, GAMay 20, 2019
Was very quite, except at registration times, which provided a lot of time to work on school work.
Basically I just answered the phones if the advisers weren't able to get to them all.
They are in deep trouble and trying to cut corners everywhere
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMay 3, 2019
They mollycoddle violent and loud students and seek to cover up their past misdeeds. They owe a lot of money for awarding grants in the past and feel the need to get every last penny out of their students, even if the students aren't college material.

The HR department is a joke and can't understand transcripts from top-tier universities that use a Pass / Fail system for advance degrees. They are overrun with bad administrators and keep losing faculty.

They promote fraternization between administration and faculty and there is a lot of pressure on male employees to look a certain way and be subservient to female administrators.

A bad place full of bad people. Stay away.
Cons
Terrible administrators
Excellent Work Environment
Mathematics Professor (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAFebruary 23, 2019
It is an excellent work environment. Everyone is very responsible and professional. I enjoy working there.The benefits are awesome. It is a very productive workplace.
Not Truthful
Surgical Technology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waco, GAFebruary 10, 2019
Was ask numerous times to give grades that were not earned. Department Head was a horrible person to work with or for. Change in managers numerous times while I was employed.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Waco, GAJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed my time working here. This was a great job that allowed me to obtain experience. I was able to network with individuals in my industry. I loved it here.
They have good Caterpillar Equipment Training/Schooling
Welding and Machinists Student (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GADecember 5, 2018
The instructors were knowledgeable at their jobs. They assisted students as needed and answered technical questions. I would recommend this school to other students that were interested in the diesel industry, if they are working with Caterpillar equipment.
Pros
Flexible hours, knowledgeable instructors.
Cons
Not enough training aides.
Director, Economic Development Division (Former Employee) –  Waco, GANovember 24, 2018
Great opportunity to work with a diverse group of team members across each service are. Affords the opportunity to also meet a lot of service driven professionals within the community.
Cons
Communication needs much improvement
Productive Environment
Adjunct Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 16, 2018
It was productive in a laid back environment. I really enjoyed working with the students and seeing their growth. It's always rewarding see how well they are doing in the beauty industry.
productive place to work
Adjunt nursing instructor (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GANovember 2, 2018
I was a clinical supervisor for LPNs and I had to be present with them most of the time when they was with patients doing procedures..I enjoyed teaching
Pros
doing what I loved Teaching
Cons
did not get enough hours
classroom
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waco, GAOctober 29, 2018
hard to maintain attention and participation of students in presentations and discussions, great supervisor, lots of out of class work to prep and grade
good entry level work place
High School Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 2, 2018
West Georgia Technical college is a good place to start your career. If you are looking for advancement, you may have to look into other options as many positions are long tenured by staff.
Interesting workplace
Data Entry Clerk/Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GASeptember 24, 2018
The work atmosphere was very relaxed. Co-worker were very helpful. The work days were flexible. The negative aspect of the job was the pay and the lack of upward mobility
The opportunity to work with post-secondary faculty and student, secondary institutions, and business and industry are excellent.
Dean, School of Trade and Technology (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GASeptember 16, 2018
I enjoy working with faculty, students, secondary institutions, and business and industry in our service area. There are many opportunities through WGTC.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Georgia Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

West Georgia Technical College Reviews by Location