West Herr Automotive Group Employee Reviews

A lot of hours
Sales Assistant/Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 23, 2018
You work a lot of hours but free lunches occasionally, the more work you put in the better your salary which is fair. Sometimes may feel a little bias towards higher level employees.
Great
Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 23, 2018
At Westherr you are not just a number everyone cares for you from the highest up owner the the manager that tells you what to do. With them giving incentives to keep working hard on a month to month showing that they care.
Pros
Good insentives to stay like gift cards and store raffles
Cons
Pay is on the low side
Growth
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 4, 2018
They train better than any auto group in the area. Training is hands on and given proper information to succeed. Managers are very informative and give you the tools to succeed.
Pros
Salary compensation
Cons
alot changed over the years
manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 12, 2018
west herr at first was an amazing experience as time progressed however things changed going from a family atmosphere to a cut throat corporate envir.
West Herr
Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYMarch 8, 2018
I worked at West Herr for 15 years. The first 6 years were outstanding as it was a "family Oriented" environment which I enjoyed. Pay was excellent, co-workers were wonderful to work with and the ownership took a real interest in all it's employees.

As the company grew that atmosphere became a little less "friendly". The stores became covered in more rules, business procedures and lack of interaction with the corporate office. People became more stressed and gave less communication internally. Now there were plenty of positive sides to the company and I very much miss them but the stress isn't one of them.

I was able to share my computer / ADP knowledge with the company which gave me a "Team Spirit". However, that changed.

I wish the best to everyone at West Herr for now and into the future.
Pros
A Wealth of information between all the stores to share.
Cons
Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians. And what Indians there were they were treated poorly
many locations to work at in Buffalo area
Sales and leasing consultant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 6, 2018
Company does a lot of good in the community. Largest auto dealer in New York. Encourages advancement. Typical for auto sales - earnings are sporadic. 100$ base salary, then commission.
great place to work
Automotive Sales Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 3, 2018
7am till 5 pm

People
People

Best company
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Lockport, NYFebruary 16, 2018
The dealership I work for isn't great. But west Herr as a company is amazing. They will do anything for you. When you need help or a day off for family reasons they will always be their for you.
Pros
great company
Cons
my manager
Fast paced Challenging
Service Advisor/Writer (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, NYFebruary 1, 2018
My work day is fast paced which involves multiple phone calls for sales and service. I also have personal Face to face interaction with customers and sales staff. I love meeting new customers and helping them.
Very Busy Place to Work
Used Car Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 26, 2017
West Herr Chevrolet is an extremely busy Chevrolet car dealership. I have moved up with the company. There is room to move around within the company if you put in the work.
Pros
A very generous company
Cons
Not always loyal to people with seniority
I could never imagine working anywhere else
Sales Management (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 8, 2017
I have had the privilege of working for West Herr since 2004. From very early on in my West Herr career I knew this is where I wanted to be. Everyday I come to work I have the ability make a positive difference for our customer’s and my coworkers and I find that very rewarding.

I have faith in the ownership, directors and management throughout West Herr. I have seen first hand the commitment that West Herr has to the WNY community and that is something that I am extremely proud to be a part of.

This is a company that has proven time and time again that if you’re willing to put in the effort and you’re able to produce results that you’ll be recognized and rewarded for it. There is a clear opportunity for internal advancement if you’re willing to put in the time and effort.

If you’re looking for a great company to work for and a place that offers you a career path and not just another job, West Herr is it.
Family culture
Admin Asst/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYDecember 7, 2017
Working for a company that cares for its employees and their families is a huge benefactor in life. Closed on Sundays, understanding life problems, and understanding health problems is huge in a successful work place.
Pros
Family outlook, bonuses
Cons
N/a
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 7, 2017
Work was the main focus and the training was in depth. The sales training lasted almost a month and had me and the other sales professionals more than prepared for the real world of selling cars.
Best place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYDecember 5, 2017
This is the place to work in Western New York. Excellent people, culture and opportunity to advance and grow. Personally and professionally. I would and have recommended West Herr to anyone I know.
It is a family atmosphere. I truly enjoy coming to work!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYDecember 5, 2017
I absolutely love my job! The leadership from the top down is fantastic. West Herr gives me the tools needed to be successful in every aspect of my job. There are not to many places out there, where the Owners know your name, and actually care about you inside and outside of work. Asking about my family, my kids, and just how I am personally doing goes along way! Thank you West Herr for being such a great company and having such great leaders!!!
Great place to work!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYDecember 5, 2017
West Herr has been nothing but great over my tenure. I went to school, received a bachelors degree and decided to forgo my "planned" path and stay with West Herr. That was 12 years ago and I do not regret my decision. The management and senior management has an open door policy and employees are empowered to do what is right. They have nice perks like employee events, bonuses, appreciation days, 401k match plans, and health insurance. Opportunity for advancement is there - you just need to raise your hand and indicate the path you would like to take. Transparent business practices and the entire group is extremely philanthropic and gives back to the community.
Pros
Employee appreciation days, Bonuses, National Headliner Events, Picnics, Volunteer Opportunities
Absolute best place to work !
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYDecember 5, 2017
West Herr is the absolute best place to work. I have worked for and done business with other automotive dealerships and they are by far in a class of their own. They set the bar for employee and customer satisfaction, community involvement and teamwork. The President of the company is always available and involved in day to day operations and truly cares about his employees. I wouldn't work for anyone else.
Pros
West Herr cares about thier employees
Great Place to call your Career
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, NYDecember 5, 2017
When I started at West Herr 17 years ago, I didn't plan on calling this place my career. 17 years later, I plan on calling this my last place of employment. There is great opportunity for advancement into more challenging roles for personal gain. Everyone here is extremely friendly and is always there to lend a helping hand. I'm among many that have called this place a career with many years of employment.
Productive and fun work place!!!!!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  West Herr Subaru KiaDecember 5, 2017
West Herr is a company that cares about its employees and customers more than words can explain.
Leadership is never absent and support is always given.
Great Place to Work! Choose Your Own Adventure
Sales (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYDecember 5, 2017
One of the best things about working for this company is the amount of people you get to meet. Both customers and employees.

It is challenging and competitive work, but the best part is you get out what you put in. If you desire a career in management, and you work hard, you can achieve that. There are lots of stores and paths to choose from in Western New York, and they seem to always be growing (both in store activity and by adding stores in the area). If you desire to be at the top of the sales ranks, and you work hard, you can achieve that. If you prefer a stable income, and some good work life balance, you can find that also at West Herr.

The company also has some pretty fun perks like a summer picnic for families (private event at Erie County Fairgrounds), winter holiday parties (Goo Goo Dolls, and Jay Leno have been acts in the past), and smaller thank you gestures like thanksgiving $25 gift cards and year end longevity bonuses.
Pros
People, Pay, Fun Perks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Herr Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.