West Houston Medical Center - Houston Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
fair place
RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2018
Management of one of the MS unit I worked is somewhat harsh and non-acommodating. typical day at work is very busy, some colleagues backbite and misrepresent others before supervisor.
Good volunteer/intern opportunity
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 31, 2018
I worked here for volunteer hours and it was an amazing experience and I love absolutely everything about this hospital it went above and beyond what I expected
productive
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Really did love my job and the supervisor Lilie that I worked under. Lilie was a very understanding supervisor . I would love to work with her again. What I did not like about work at West Houston was there was not a of growth there and the pay could have been better for sitters.
Pros
There was alway overtime thatcould be made.
Cons
Not a lot of nurses would come in to give you a 15 min.break.
Recommended place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2018
I am a current employee at West Houston and this hospital places emphasis on quality outcomes. As a leader we are provided with resources to assist our staff with their personal and professional growth. They invest in their employees and I love working for this company.
Pros
Family oriented culture
Great job site
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2017
There is tremendous cultural diversity at West Houston that you feel as if you are in a place that is truly globalized. A typical day every language is spoken and every patient is cared for and accommodated to receive the best care possible. I have learned more from these experiences that I did not expect to learn! Management is visionary and supportive. The work culture is uplifting and inspiring. The hardest part of the job is to keep up with the advancing innovation. The most enjoyable part is to learn from all others a different understanding and view of our wold.
Pros
Fun events
Cons
The usual workplace issues found anywhere else
Student
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2017
This was my first extern site and I really enjoyed it. The place was small and there were only a few people working there but it was very enjoyable. the people were very nice and would love to work there.
Family friendly environment
Post partum Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2017
Best Company I have work with. Family friendly environment. They nurture their employee and recognize them for their hard work. Very organized and structured training for new hire. Supportive management and compassionate.
Pros
Family Friendly environment
Cons
Very productive place to work
CARDIAC SONOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Great place to work. Staff were friendly. Management was fair and easy to talk to if you needed to. Doctors were friendly also. I enjoyed my time with this hospital.
Pros
30 Minute breaks
Cons
Two 15 minute breaks per shifts
A busy and very educative environment for students. I was a CT student and had great experience as a student. Variety of studies and techs are great.
CT student intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2016
The organization puts lots of emphasis on greeting s great patient experience and care.
They also have a great orientation program for the students unlike many other hospital. The techs in the CAT scan department will go the extra mile to create a great learning experience to the student while offering great customer care.

Overall a great experience.
Pros
Great student experience
UNprofessional , disorganize and disrespectful
Physical therapist applicant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2016
I applied through this website for an Physical Therapy Job. I was contacted by the recruiter who later scheduled me for an interview. I received a confirmation email of my interview; when,where and who will interview me. I arrived on time for my interview but I waited more than 40 mins because they couldn't locate the person that will interview me. When she arrived, the person that was suppose to interview, she said she doesn't know about the interview, that she is not available to do it , and that she is basically clueless of the scheduled interview. So I just have to leave. I think everyone would agree they have been very unprofessional. inconsiderate, shows that they are disorganize and disrespectful to people applying for a job. I wonder how they treat their employee.
Pros
she did mention there is a mandatory 2 weekends a month to work and holidays
Cons
not a very promising job opportunity
Productive work day
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2015
In the emergency room, I was able to communicate with patients, provide excellent customer service and work along side co-workers. As a registrar, I was able to develop skills, verify insurance coverage, multi-task and grow. As a supervisor, I was introduced to the scheduling of registrars, approving time and timesheets, administer reviews and write ups. There were some communication deficiencies between front office management and the emergency room supervisors, which is expected. Overall, it was a great experience for myself and I was able to hone my skills
Pros
Worked with great people, discounted meals, insurance provided
Cons
Sometimes long extended hours, no breaks
Great place
Computed Tomography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
great place to work. management is great. I love working there. everyone is so nice and patient with the patients. management is very understanding and communicates well with staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Houston Medical Center - Houston. Our community is ready to answer.

West Houston Medical Center - Houston Reviews by Job Title