WEST MICHIGAN WHITECAPS Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere but not enough pay
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 7, 2018
I believe this job was a very fun environment to be around and I would recommend this for a teenager looking for a first job. There were opportunities to go up in the chain.
Fun place to work
Mascot (Current Employee) –  Comstock Park, MINovember 10, 2017
The Whitecaps organization as whole takes care of their employees and actually cares about their employees. The ballpark is such a fun place to be during the summer and getting paid while being there is a plus.
Great Organization
Box Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Comstock Park, MINovember 6, 2017
Top notch organization with top notch people. Hours aren't traditional but that's the trade off when working in something that you are super passionate about. The people you work with become a 2nd family. Highly recommend.
Workable Job
Private Deck Server (Former Employee) –  Belmont, MISeptember 12, 2017
Worked this as a part time student through high school. Problems with management and scheduling over the years. I understood due to how many workers they have, just a inconvenience. Job culture is fair, everyone gets treated pretty equally
Whitecaps
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Comstock Park, MIFebruary 2, 2017
I love working here.
It is a fun atmosphere and I love the people.
I am always the manager in my area, (my deck), and I usually work with the same crew. Once I got the hang of it, I cant wait to go back for the summer. It is a seasonal job.
Pros
Pay, tips, amazing environment, room for growth
Cons
long days/nights
Fun Workplace with an engaging team and great management.
Multimedia Intern (Former Employee) –  Comstock Park, MISeptember 13, 2016
-A typical day consisted of editing and updating web pages, generating graphics and other images, and planning and developing video-based promotions.
- Management is absolutely fantastic; very supportive and helpful and is always looking to help you improve. They treat you as a family member and not just another employee.
-Co-workers were great, hard-working, and reliable.
-Hardest part of the job are the long hours- gamedays have a tendency to hit over 14 hours, and homestands can be longer than a week at times leaving little time outside of work to relax.
-The most enjoyable thing was always being busy- there is always something to do, and working such long hours also makes you feel as if you have a large role in the company.
Pros
Free food, provided housing, special offers with local business, great management
Productive and Fun Work environment
Facility Events Assistant (Current Employee) –  Comstock Park, MIAugust 17, 2016
I am always learning and enjoying my time at the Whitecaps. There is a reason I have come back each season for the past four years. Everyone is willing to help answer any questions I may have or if I need assistance with a task.
Good first job expierience.
Cleaning, Concessions, and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Comstock Park, MINovember 19, 2015
When I worked there the management wasn't the greatest at the time. I'm not sure if it has improved or not with their new manager they have. Good first job experience and I was able to move around to find better pay.
Pros
Good experience, nice people.
Cons
Pay could be better, poor management at the time.
Great place for customers, really bad work enviroment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 13, 2015
My job title was for a custodian. However I was daily put in the food service section.
I was injured in a car accident, and when I tried to get the paperwork to hold my job till I was able to return to work, they fired me. claiming I missed 7 days when I didn't miss any other than the day I was hit in a car accident
Pros
one really and I was denied that
Cons
They give you less pay than they offered you at the interview. Also not very tolerant of injuries
Awesome Working Place
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Comstock Park, MIJanuary 21, 2015
Great people to work with and everyone enjoys the job. It doesn't even seem like a job after awhile!
Pros
Great working environment
BOX OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Comstock Park, MIJuly 10, 2014
Great learning opportunities!
Enjoyed interacting with all the customers. Great fan base.
Fun Workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Comstock Park, MIMarch 10, 2014
Working for the West Michigan Whitecaps was fun because you got to spend our whole shift watching baseball when there was time.
Fun and challenging position
Game Day Data Casting (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 5, 2013
Love working for the Whitecaps during the baseball season. I do the programming for MLB.com for internet webcasts.