West Oso ISD Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Administration and Board Compromised
Teacher, Psychology/ Sociology/World Geography (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 31, 2018
School and district has a poor reputation. School had four straight years of admin change from Principal to asst principals. Board of directors had been running district into the ground, poor management.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Admin
Fast paced but fun environment
ACE Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 8, 2018
A typical day at my job is getting to work and responding to all emails and returning phone calls. As per grant requirements, we are to keep all data up to date and we have to keep our time management skills sharp. There are days when there is not enough hours in the day but we manage to complete our daily duties. After lunch we start to get ready for our after school programs. Our most stressful time of the day is probably during program time because we have to make sure we are running safe and fun ACE activities.
Pros
fun and fast paced
Cons
late evenings
Excellent position that helped me find myself
ACE After School Coach (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 6, 2017
I never considered I'd be working with children, but it was certainly something I never thought I wanted to do. They have helped me past times where I felt down and out and being able to help them was easily the best part of the job. Management was top notch and being able to essentially make my own hours was exactly what I needed.
Pros
Shaping young lives, free lunch, flexible hours
Cons
No upward movement
Great work environment
General Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 29, 2017
District works well with teachers, students, and families to help students succeed. Low stress work environment. Teachers also have autonomy while working with administrators.
No support from Administration
6th, 7th & 8th Grade Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78405April 7, 2017
No support from Administration. Parents and students are in gangs. Teachers have to worry about what can happen in the parking lot to them and to other students.

I understand that they have a new superintendent who is trying to make a difference. I have not had any experience with him. My experience was prior to his arrival.
Pros
Cons
no support from administrators
Best Colleagues to work with
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 1, 2016
West Oso High School is a fast paced and ever changing work place. Administrators disorganized with no clear plan to implement school mission. Teacher expectations unclear and varied depending on teacher popularity.
Pros
Working with colleagues very enjoyable -like a family.
Cons
Healthcare expensive, district does not meet payroll on occasion.