West Park Hospital Employee Reviews

It was a rewarding type of work that I did. I treated the residents the way I wanted to be treated, in fact I treated them better than myself.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Cody, WYFebruary 7, 2019
I would get to work early or promptly every day. I would receive report from the CNA who was on before me. I would go get the residents out of bed and help them get dressed and help or actually do their activities of daily living. I would wheel them or walk them to the dining room, take their orders and serve them their meals. Wheel the residents back to their rooms ,or to an activity. I would make their beds sometime in that morning time period.
I learned quite a bit about healthcare and how it all works. I learned that I enjoyed my job for quite a few years, but that I got burned out, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I was putting my all into my work, eating, breathing, and sleeping my work at work and at home.
Management was good for thirteen to fourteen years and then it started to go downhill. It seemed to go the opposite direction it was supposed to.
The workplace culture was mostly quiet and peaceful.
The hardest part of the job for me was I felt everything had to be perfect, at least in my eyes.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting thanked by the residents.
Pros
Benefits, taking care of the residents
Cons
Picking up the work that anyone who was sitting around could have done, things seemed to be getting worse instead of better ( with the passing of time
Vos
VOS (Visual Observation Staff) (Former Employee) –  Cody, WYOctober 16, 2018
Hours vary, staff is friendly. VOS is easy most of the time, there are times you will have to find your strength and hold down the fort. You have to be mentally prepared for a patient to pass away at times.
Don't get attatched
EVS Technician (Former Employee) –  Cody, WYOctober 14, 2018
The environment and coworkers generally made it a good place to work, the residents were also generally nice but you can get attached to some of them and they are all elderly with medical problems so it was hard to see them pass away.
Pros
Eat with residents
Cons
Witness people getting hurt or dying from old age, No mistreatment just accients or normal circle of life!
Stressful
RRT (Former Employee) –  Cody, WYOctober 3, 2018
This hospital was not setup to be kind to Respiratory at all. The ER was on the complete opposite side of the building to the patient floors and RT department. To get to the ER when called to do ECG's was a good 4 min. walk and the accreditation only allowed so much time to get them done.
Pros
Respiratory department was good
Cons
Distance to ER
very relax place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cody, WYMarch 23, 2018
It is very good to be able to help and work with patients that are in the process of dying. helping their families to understand and respect the death of their loved ones is an expirience that will mark your life forever.
Pros
you can make your own schedule
Cons
no breaks for lunch
Excellent Employer
Rehab Director (Current Employee) –  Cody, WYJanuary 2, 2018
The culture at WPH is exemplary. The Senior Management is progressive and creates excellent job security with a fiscally sound organization. Efforts are made continually to improve the service provided to consumers/patients.
Excellent
Manager Infection Prevention (Current Employee) –  Cody, WYOctober 1, 2017
West Park hospital is an excellent place to work. A family environment. A company who keeps the patient first, preventative in all their cares, keeping the patient feel safe and secure. Patient advocate, staff advocate.
West Park
Staff (Former Employee) –  Cody, WYJuly 17, 2017
Mind your P's and Q's and work is great.
Patient care is great. Most staff are great.
I will not bad mouth the company and will say I gained good experience.
no thanks
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cody, WYJuly 10, 2017
Awful to work for didn't like it there at all. Would not ever go back and would not recommend going there for treatment either...they call it death park hospital for a reason
I loved it as well
Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2017
I worked as my sisters assistant , I helped, print papers, divide mails, helped her with checks. Although it was fun , I wanted to be a sales associate and moved on to bigger and better opportunities for my age
Pros
It was a great experience
Cons
I didint get paid
Very interesting staff nurse position
RN (Current Employee) –  Cody, WYDecember 1, 2016
25 bed hospital with great flexibility required for many different types of patients. On a typical day we initially meet with the house supervisor, who gives all the nurses on duty a brief synopsis of the hospital population. Working with a wide population of patients has helped me learn new skills.
The management is very skilled and knowledgeable and never hesitates to help out where ever needed.
Since this is an acute care hospital for a small community, the staff is very friendly and willing to help out any time
The most difficult part of the job is having a patient who does not recover. The opposite would be when a patient recovers and goes home with a smile and a grateful family.
Pros
Hospital is very caring and provides excellent healthcare with no copays
Great coworkers
RN (Current Employee) –  Cody, WYNovember 26, 2016
Great place to work, friendly coworkers, great CEO. Nice little coffee shop and restaurant. Great benefits. Massage therapy greatly discounted with hospital insurance.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cody, WYNovember 13, 2016
Great place to work and felt support from administration
Learned skills from my coworkers and staff appreciated my work.
PLANT OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cody, WYMay 7, 2016
Was a good job for the time. Learned a lot about the internal workings of a healthcare facility. Management was great along with my co-workers. What made the job difficult was being on call.
Very good at looking at internal process improvement
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cody, WYMarch 23, 2015
Heavy workload, fast and sometimes intense pace of work. Definitely learned a lot about office practices at a Dr.'s office. Good people to work with.
Great hospital to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAOctober 14, 2013
Unfortunately the hospital closed in 1995, but in the 20 years I worked there I found it to be a wonderful job. The staff was outstanding with very little turn over. I was really sorry to see it close. The last day was most difficult.
good place to work
MEDICAL CODER (Former Employee) –  Cody, WYJuly 16, 2013
I have really enjoyed working at West Park Hospital. If it wasn't my ears staying infected, we would not be wanting to move. And I would still be there.
Pros
learning, education
Cons
do have short breaks