West Shore Home Employee Reviews

Just don't do it
Team Member (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 29, 2019
Just don't buy into it. They talk a big game. At the highest level of management the core values mean nothing.
"Do the right thing" is only the right thing when it's in the best interest of West Shore, not its employees.
The employees use their tagline "don't blink" as a joke whenever unfair decisions are made and they feel the insecurity of the culture.
Great Place to Work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PA 17050March 27, 2019
Offers a lot of opportunity for Career Advancement. A great environment to grow your skills . Qualified Management in place
to coach you along to improve .
I love working here!!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 21, 2019
Management cares about the employees, there's room to grow within the company, and they offer a competitive compensation package. Accountability is highly valued here.
Pros
Management, room to grow, compensation package.
Cons
None yet.
A place to grow in your career!
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 21, 2019
I have been with West Shore for a couple years now and I have seen more opportunities to grow your career here than I have at any other employer. If you are focused on working hard and getting better everyday then this is the place for you. You will be challenged daily, but if you are growth minded- and want to be a part of something bigger, then this is the place for you.
Pros
culture, pay, people, benefits, company growth
Fast paced environment
Payroll and Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 21, 2019
Fast paced, never bored, always learning something new. Management is always encouraging and pushing you to push your self to become better. Held to a high standard.
High Performance Culture = Job Satisfaction
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAFebruary 7, 2019
Working at West Shore is exciting and challenging. Every day you have to bring your best efforts, but when you do you know that your work is integral to the mission and matters to your co-workers.

It's not for everyone, but if you're looking for an opportunity to be the best version of yourself at work, West Shore Home is the place for you!
Pros
Fast-paced, tons of opportunity to grow, great pay and benefits
Cons
N/a
Fun! Exciting! New challenge everyday!
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAFebruary 7, 2019
West Shore Home has offered my career new life!

On a daily basis the culture pushes me to be better!

The core values are lived from the top down, they are not just words that sound good.

West Shore Home has cultivated a high-performing culture where employees can feel safe.
Pros
Culture, people, management, benefits, pay, work/life balance
West Shore Home will have you questioning things always.
Held several positions (Former Employee) –  USADecember 28, 2018
When I first started, all I could see were kind people working very hard. That didn't last long.
West Shore only takes weeks to figure out how things really are.
The pay is average for the workload, but no amount of money can make up for the discomfort many people experience.
Unfortunately, during my employment I have personally heard a handful of people from different departments and levels of seniority express how unhappy they are.
What I've gathered is that the most common reasons are connected to job security and advancement. I would have given 0 stars to that category if it were possible. Many managers choose to hold your employment over your head if you do something they do not support and many are quick to point out your flaws rather than your strengths. Because of the stress this causes, it affects the work life/culture. Most people do not trust management. Things can get so carried away that several people and managers are even known for outbursts, tantrums, or other immature behavior.
Hard work is barely noticed. When it is, management has to like you enough for you to get anywhere. Many people fear they will get fired any day. Many people struggle because they aren't able to to advance. People rarely get promoted and people often get demoted.
If you find yourself employed here, you'll meet several nice people and take home a decent paycheck which feel like that's all you'll ever need. But as you grow, your salary and position will stay the same. It's best to keep your head down and trust only a few select people, because ONE human mistake can land you in human
  more... resources fighting for your job.

You have to ask yourself if it's worth it.
Pros
Fair pay; Some benefits
Cons
Extreme lack of job security and job advancement; Raises are scarce
Nice place to work
Appointment setter (Former Employee) –  West Shore PaNovember 12, 2018
This is a very educational place to work, I learned so much and helped a lot of people. The people was exceptional to work for. I am a people person so this was right up my alley.
Don't waste your time
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 28, 2017
Unless you enjoy going to work daily at a place that is a revolving door DONT APPLY HERE. Regardless of performance, managers are constantly hired and fired. Place is a joke.
Pros
Depends on dept
Cons
The Company
Exciting and fun workplace with great co-workers
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 5, 2017
I have been working at West Shore just over 3 months now and so far it has been a great experience! Everyone is so welcoming and eager to help any new hires out. It's nice having a support system that wants to see you succeed in your career and grow within the company. With that being said, the company is growing rapidly with tons of room for internal growth, which is very important.
Pros
Positive team environment, help is available when needed, good work/life balance, room for advancement, friendly co-workers, awesome benefits package
Cons
Don't have any at this time!
Nice Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 3, 2017
I loved working for West Shore. They truly value their employees and work with them to help them grow within the company. It was a nice environment, with a good mix of power.
Fun, challenging, & growing workplace. Live their values
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakmont, PAMay 31, 2017
Finally a place where values aren't just words on a wall. They are lived and discussed daily. I believe in the CEO. The "West Shore Way" is a term used often, referring to doing thing right and doing the right thing.
Given the choice between being at downsizing, stagnant, or growing companies, I'll take growing every time. Exciting times, interesting challenges, and huge growth potential.
I am empowered to set my schedule and own my department. And I have a strong team of peers surrounding me.
Pros
Professional growth potential, great team environment, live their values.
Cons
Balancing desire to work with need for life
Great company to work for with fantastic daily benefits.
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 18, 2016
West Shore is one of the best places I have worked at before. I have enjoyed my time here greatly. West Shore offers flexible hours, great pay, generous PTO, and an atmosphere full of driven energetic people.

Work life balance is perfect, I have never dreaded Mondays and don't feel obligated to work more hours. West Shore understands that family is important and that life happens. You cant go wrong considering a position at West Shore.
Best work environment I've experienced in my career
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 18, 2016
The people in the office are amazing. I know it's cliche, but we really feel like we're a family. I work long hours because I want to, because I have a mission that I'm trying to accomplish.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, amazing work environment.
Amazing when I started, sad to go.
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 17, 2016
I thought this job was amazing. loved the flexible schedule and the unlimited potential for commission. Management has vast knowledge of the industry and is available to help you whenever needed. Excellent training and continual workshops. Given all the supplies necessary to succeed. I only had one major problem with the company and that was the way the manager in charge of sales disciplines. Very emotion based punishment. If you get on his bad side you dont seem to last very long in the company regardless of how hard you try. Would I recommend working here, yes. Is it easy, not at all. have to have a very thick skin. Co-workers are incredibly supportive and very helpful. Its a friendly atmosphere and very inviting.
Pros
money, advancement, opportunity, benifits
Cons
management discipline style, ability to plan your day
Was blind sided-job was eliminated
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 18, 2015
Great co workers and a good job/life balance. I walked into a mess and quickly was able to organize and create processes to evaluate ROI