West Shore Home

West Shore Home Employee Reviews

United States278 reviews

wshwestleadappointmentsaleinstallbalancecommission

Decent pay

Pay is decent. About all I can say. Will most likely be compensated more here per hour than other companies in the area. If you’re looking for employment solely based on compensation, I would say go for it.

October 3, 2022
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad that you felt well compensated and rewarded for your strong work ethic.

Bad Management

I wouldn’t recommend working here. Management was poor, causing low morale. On the positive note, good benefits, good pay. Must be flexible with your schedule.

October 3, 2022
Thank you for your review! While we are glad you felt well compensated for your hard work, we are disappointed to hear about your experience with management.Aligned with our core values, we will use your note to continue to Get Better Every Day.

West Shore Home insights

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Okay

Good people and good management. 12hr days are common. Huge potential for burn out and low employee quality of life. Has nothing todo with the company, just how this industry is shaped.

October 3, 2022
Thank you for your review! We are glad you felt surrounded by positive leaders and teammates. We appreciate your feedback regarding the schedule, and we will continue to improve setting realistic expectations early in the hiring process.

This office is a Highschool, If you are favored you will be okay

I do not recommend working here to anyone. Management is all gossip and has no actual skill for training or improving any part of their culture. I have expressed my concerns to my lead before, and she's told me never to message her again about it. I see the growth opportunities other regions have and West Shore offers in general, but they do not prompt often here in Ocala.

Pros

Cons

Work Culture/ Atmosphere, Management

October 3, 2022
Thank you for your review. We are glad you recognized the growth opportunities with West Shore Home, and with your feedback, we will continue to improve our Training & Leadership Development in every location across the country.

Good pay, bad culture/ WL balance

Business model is so dumb its brilliant. Its a one call close business of financing expensive bathrooms. The training was actually excellent but there are not a lot of checks and balances. You do 2-3 apts a day and sell bathrooms within an 1.5 hour radius. Managment can give whoever the good apts. If you get some deals done, they get you the easy apts.

Pros

Pay, fun culture, fun job

Cons

Work life, toxic work process

October 3, 2022
Thank you for your review! While we are glad you enjoyed the sales training program and felt rewarded for your hard work, we will use your note to continue to improve the work-life balance expectations.

I WILL BE REAL- always look at the reviews!

I worked for this company for a very short period of time. Saw red flags for me from the very beginning so I will make it easy for anybody else who is trying to come and work for this company. This is based on my personal experience.YES, you can make money but this job is hard and it's not for everybody. Managers, and even trainers will tell you this. The turnover in this company is something I have never seen before! every Monday there's a new group of people touring the office as new Design Consultant or installers. That should tell you everything. get ready to drive A LOT. I even went to cities one hour and 30 minutes away from my home. They will not reimburse you for gas because "YOU GET PAID A LOT OF MONEY." YOU DO NOT HAVE A SET SCHEDULE. it will literally change within hours so work/life balance is really hard. The environment can get hostile and some people call themselves humble, but clearly they are far from that. you will get rejected MANY times! because it's not easy to sell a product that is expensive. Manager will always try to see what you did wrong on your appointment because selling something too expensive and getting rejected doesn't make sense for them. training is great. that's the only thing I liked. I did not enjoy working here. In fact, it has been my worst nightmare. Had to leave due to health issues because it was taking a toll on me. anyways, I hope this helps. Good luck !

October 3, 2022
Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our training program and the income potential. In the nature of continuous improvement, we will use your feedback to set realistic expectations early in the hiring process regarding the schedule and driving requirements.

Greatful for a job, but looking for a new one

Ocala inside sales leads do not staff fairly or correctly. The work culture is favoritism and weak management. I personally am very unhappy in how my lead takes me out of campaigns when I am excelling and doing well. I have not been set up for success in any way & have been looking for a job where management is trained & confident. I am greatful to have worked at West Shore Home, I know the company is not a reflection on Ocala management.

September 26, 2022
Thank you for your review! In the nature of continuous improvement, we will use your feedback to continue to enhance our training program to ensure all of our teammates are set up for success.

Do you want to make doctor and lawyer money? Do you want to be in the top 5% of earners in the country?

This career will make a true professional out of you. The compensation is incredible. Don’t come here if you aren’t a go getter who can close deals. If you like challenges and you’re able to adapt and overcome obstacles then this is truly the place for you. The benefits are great. The hours are long but if you’re making 2k plus a day its worth it. You have to love what you do here or it isn't for you. If you procrastinate or are lazy, don’t apply here. Only apply here if you want to win and have the attitude to win. People come through here and don’t take it serious and they waste the opportunity of their life. Come here with a winning attitude and there is no end to the earning potential. Take extreme ownership of what you don’t do right and change it…….ADAPT and start winning. This is the easiest sales job I’ve ever had the highest paying by far. The reviews that people have left with complaints are the type of people that should have never applied here. if you come here and follow the system and take ownership and always get better, this company will treat you great but we are held to a very high standard and its expected and worth it. Im honored to be employed here.

Pros

Compensation, benefits, culture, training, resources for success, number 1 in the world in this business

Cons

The hours. Work saturdays

September 26, 2022
Thank you for your review! We set the bar high, and we are so glad to have people like you who rise to the challenge. Keep up the stellar work!

Stay away

Unethical company. Will send you on unconfirmed leads 2 hrs away to turn around and drive back home. Constantly docking your pay and when it’s their mistake, you have to fill out paperwork to get money that is yours. No work life balance. Only positive is you can make over 100k a year

September 26, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. While we are glad you felt well-compensated for your work, we are saddened to hear that your experience did not align with your expectations. We will use your note to continue to improve our processes and procedures.

Time has flown by!

In my role, every day I learn something new every day, and truly feel like I am making a difference. The 3 months I've been here have flown by - and I attribute that to the Don't Blink core value, as well as the trust and team mentality of management. I was able and encouraged to hit the ground running, and to make use of previous experience. The culture at West Shore Home is quite a turnaround from my last job, as I am both asked for feedback, and receive feedback daily. The best and worst parts of the job are that there is always something to do - but my role is enjoyable enough to me that I look forward to seeing what comes up next!

Cons

insurance benefits offer great coverage, but are much more expensive than I am used to (from last 2 jobs over the past 7 years)

September 26, 2022
Thank you for your note! We are so glad you've made an immediate impact in your new role, and it's even better to see you fully embody our core values while doing so. Thank you for all that you do!

Great Culture

I have been with WSH now for 3 months and a common statement that I make to people is "What a breath of fresh air it is working here". The training that is given is top notch, you are not thrown into your position as with other companies. WSH wants you to succeed and they do it the right way to see that you do.

Pros

The people around you are always there to help each other and the atmosphere is Amazing.

September 26, 2022
Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear you have found success in your role with WSH, and we hope you continue to reap the rewards of strong training and a supportive work environment!

A lot of obstacles

The appointment coordinator task is very strict and to the book. They give you many different scripts to memorize to perfection and it is mandatory you do so. Calls are CONSISTENT. This is inbound and outbound. You get absolutely no down time in between calls. The only time you get to breath is during your breaks. (So take advantage of them) On average I was making aprox. 300+ calls a day and that was inbound and outbound. Also these calls in most cases were calling the same customer twice even 3 times a day. All in all if you are dedicated to the job the pay was decent and room to grow annually.

September 26, 2022
Thank you for your note! While we are glad you felt well-compensated and recognized the growth opportunities, we are saddened that your experience did not meet your expectations.In the nature of continuous improvement, we will use your feedback to set better expectations for the role responsibilities early in the hiring process.

No work life balance

If you let them work you to death, they will! No work life balance whatsoever also the training is messy it’s kind of a sink or swim type thing but i guess it had other perks

September 26, 2022
Thank you for your review! In the nature of continuous improvement, we will use your feedback to set better expectations in regards to the work schedule and training.

Productive with great workers

West Shore Homes was an excellent company to work for, in regards to pay and overtime. Also co-workers and managers are great to work with. There was no sort of hustle to help employees who may come up with problems outside of the productivity of installing.

Pros

All day pay, overtime and weekend availability, great workers

Cons

Management and HR, Company corruption, going for quantity instead of quality

September 26, 2022
Thank you for your feedback! While we are disappointed to hear you felt support was lacking, we are glad that you felt recognized and rewarded for your work ethic and problem-solving abilities.

Team Approach with relaxed atmosphere!

From day one at West Shore it has been nothing short of professional. From management down the chain of command, everyone has been very helpful and understanding. Any questions I have are addressed immediately and the atmosphere is very relaxed. My coworkers in the office are very friendly and supportive and the casual dress policy is a bonus. The benefits here at West Shore are outstanding!!

September 26, 2022
Thank you for your note! We are so glad to hear you have found such a supportive environment with us. We appreciate your hard work!

Managers suck at this company

They don’t let you leave for family emergencies or have days off for a doctors appointment. I worked at Charlestown location and it was terrible. The managers sucked

September 26, 2022
Thank you for your review! Using your feedback, we will continue improving and ensuring our teammates fully understand the Time Off policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.

Company hides behind their "core values"

The job started off great. Seemed like a place where opinions mattered and people were looking to get better everyday. After a couple months, management changed and so did reason and common sense. All issues fall back on the sales rep and we are told to take "extreme ownership." In theory that sounded great, you would think this meant your working for a company that had a no nonsense type of work and that as a team we would find a solution to fix any problems. What it really meant was, the upper management team didn't want to take reasonability to make things better and that you as a sales rep better not complain or suggest a change or you would be labeled "negative." Weakness, and laziness is what I heard in their response. in the past couple months, 8+ people have left (just in this office alone and only sales reps) due to the new manager and the company itself, not taking "extreme ownership."There definitely is a great potential here to make money. I did fairly well in the time I was here. I really only left because of the new manager, and the upper management hiding behind their core values. For a company that takes such pride in their values, there sure is a great deal of opportunities that don't seem to be being addressed. Hopefully the company can get a hold of this problem and find a solution. Its really sad to see a large exodus among a department due to bad management, considering the people who left were previously happy.

Pros

compensation, if your selling. Don't get on your managers bad side, he determines what leads you run.

Cons

poor management, Long hours, you pay for all expenditures (clothing, gas, car, phone, etc)

September 26, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. While we are saddened to hear your experience did not live up to your expectations, we appreciate your commitment to our core values and getting better every day. We will use your feedback to continue to build on our culture with Extreme Ownership at all levels.

When applying for the job, I was nervous because I wasn't sure what to expect. But after making my way through the interview process, I could tell that they do not just hire anybody and try to field out their search for great candidates. My experience since being hired here has been pretty positive. It is not perfect (no place is), but it comes pretty close, and the company and team genuinely care about their brand and the customer's overall experience. I have seen them go far above and beyond to make people happy (even when I would have stopped). I have worked many places in my life, but West Shore is truly like no other place.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Location (driving to get lunch is kind of far)

August 29, 2022
Thank you for your note! We are glad to hear that you've had a positive experience starting with your initial interview process. We appreciate your commitment to our customers - keep up the excellent work!

Good sense of accomplishment but they work you like a machine

This company only caress about you as long as you’re making them money. They come out with policies to get rid of the more experienced and higher paid employees because they don’t want to pay for labor. They force you to work from 630am-830pm so they can get their money and if the job has pre existing damage that delays work or causes the job not to be completed in 1 day they write you up. The promote new employees to lead before they even have their benefits which causes the quality of work to go down. You could make them $3 million in 12 months as a lead installer but if only 3 jobs out of 270 have to be redone they will fire you with no chance to appeal.

Cons

Short or no breaks throughout the day, 60-70 hours a week required, they try to guilt you to work Saturdays because they schedule jobs before asking for volunteers

August 29, 2022
Thank you for your feedback! We are disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.In the nature of continuous improvement, we will use your notes to better set expectations early in the hiring and training process.

Great work, great pay, but long days

The work you do as an installer is super satisfying and amazing and the people you work with are super nice people along with your managers being super supportive.The work environment is super amazing and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. With that being said you do have long days practically every day with 60+ hours a week on average, but the work you do keeps your energized so you don’t even notice the hours ticking by.West Shore also pays very well for their installers with lots of ways to move up in the company. Overall it’s a pretty awesome place to work.

Pros

Pays well, supportive people

Cons

Long days

August 29, 2022
Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear you feel well-compensated for your exceptional work ethic. Thank you for all that you do for our team and our customers!

Big bucks

Lots of driving. Lots of talking. Lots of selling. Lots of Money.Five day work week-Saturday work. Long days and evenings, usually 9am-9pm.Good professional atmosphere. The Company cares about you.Little family time.

Pros

Good company. Great sales bonuses. Good benefits.

Cons

Long days 9a-9p or later is common.

August 22, 2022
Thank you for your note! We are glad you felt recognized and rewarded for your strong work ethic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Shore Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits