West Shore Home
61Average

West Shore Home Employee Reviews

United States57 reviews
Customer service abilities, and diversity of the company
A typical workday consists of working hard to meet the needs of the client. The culture is based on teamwork and a family-oriented environment. The management works consistently to provide a diverse work environment. The most enjoyable part f the day is making the customer happy and having them walk away with their dream met.
Full of lies
Not a place to work if you are not a “favorite” you will be constantly lied to and will need to have everything said to you in writing otherwise they will turn their back on an employee in the snap of a finger. Only care about the numbers and half the sales count against you. If a client is not home those lead will negatively affect your numbers as well. Poor work environment from management.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Advancement. Management. Training. Lies.
West Shore Liars
This company is derived of a bunch of liars, cheaters and racists. You may enjoy this place if you like to be amongst people who swear like sailors, get high on breaks and make false promises.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No job security, they lie and they're very unappreciative of their employees.
Lies lies and more lies
Work is consistent and you meet some great people. That’s the only decent part about it. The pay is terrible they draw you in with their cheap video presentation about changing the world and becoming the best thing in home improvement but they will never pay you what they say. They tell you things like an employee made over $100k in a year as an installer which is definitely wrong seeing as how most barely make over $30k a year. Benefits are aweful and expensive this company is all about money and that’s it. They talk about core values but don’t fall for it because they couldn’t even begin to give the deftof what core values. You are not important only the money is. Oh and for customers your paying almost twice the amount than what you would pay for someone else to install your stuff and the materials used to create these windows are garbage. Trust me I’m an employee and am looking for other work as we speak because your not important here, they hire anyone off the street, most the people I have worked with do drugs on the job and I have personally witnessed this many times, customers are lied to and your asked to lie to them as well if you confronted by the customer. It’s a joke don’t waste your time.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Lies, pay, benefits, drug use, management, trucks, materials used to install, customer care, not a prioritized company, your treated as a replaceable
productive
pay good , will work with schedule if possible, managers are okay but u get in trouble for stuff u have no control over other than that its an ok job.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Go For It Culture
The Culture at West Shore Home is about getting things done. Management is right there with you every step of the way helping you achieve your goals. No matter the department West Shore has a system in place to make sure goals are met and surpassed daily. In a Direct Sales role West Shore takes the time to guide and aid you in your success. The culture and everything that West Shore portrays is easy to buy into because it is a natural feeling of what should be done.

Employees are treated well and respected for what we bring to the table. Most important in everything is the customer experience. In a field where the customer needs to be correct, West Shore does everything in its power to make sure that the need of the customer comes first no matter what we need to do.

After being in another Sales based industry and other industries before that, I can truly say that I have found a comfortable, challenging and successful home at West Shore Home.
Great Place To Work!
To say that working at West Shore Home has changed my life, would be an understatement. Finally crushing goals and making moves that I never thought were possible, both at home and work! If you are a motivated Salesman, West Shore has the staff and experience to guide you on the fast track to success!
From day one I was impressed!
I’ve been working with West Shore Home for over a year and from day one I knew this place was something different. I’ve worked in this industry for several years and I’ve seen the bad side of it with other companies, from the internal operations to the way they treat their staff and customers. West Shore is the opposite! West Shore operates in an ethical manner, doing the right thing always. All departments perform as a team, management supports their staff, and on the occasion that things don’t go as expected I can always count on my coworkers to help.
Great place to work with a great compensation plan
I've been with West Shore home since October 2018. In that time I have received constant training and support to achieve my goals.

The job can be difficult and is not for everyone. If you're a self motivated individual who is looking for the opportunity to write your own paycheck then there isn't a better place than WSH.
West Shore Home
I have been with West Shore Home for nearly 5 years. I have seen incredible advancement personally but also extreme growth for the company. In 5 years the company has literally grown by over 10 times. This gives me a great sense of belonging and achievement to be apart of such a driven company. Everyone in every department is working towards the same goal which is something I've never experienced with any other company. If you are talented and are looking for a sense of purpose when you go to work in the morning there is no better place than West Shore Home. The growth and overall vision that this company has gives me great satisfaction on a daily basis.
Crash training course by poor instructors.
If you have young children, and a spouse who believes in a balance home life, stay away because you will not have a personal life. You have to work 6 days a week. You can get a evening off once a week and a Saturday off once a month.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No personal life & burn out.
Great Company and Leadership
This is one of the best companies around to work for. All the sales reps I spoke with are true team players. They have a 2 week intense training program and I just could not memorize the book due to issues with memory from the ARMY. They are not about excuses so sad to say I didn't make it through the training. I see some negative comments so I wanted everyone to know it's not true and management cares about their employees. It would have been a great place to work.
Management is awesome and knowledgeable
WSH is a great place to work. Management is very supportive and knowledgeable of the systems and overall business. The atmosphere is friendly and motivated. Very nice place to work.
Don't get paid correctly anymore
Used to get paid on commissions 1/2 when sale was made, and rest upon completion. Now, you only get paid after completion, which can be 2-3 months after you sold the product, and then you don't get paid correctly most of the time.
Best job I ever had!!
I left a career to find a passion. I previously worked in engineering and heard about west shore from one of the in-home sales reps and chose to leave my job. I am happy with my choice and found west shore to be a great company, they have good compensation and treat their employees well. I have found a lot of opportunity for growth and they provide a lot of education to allow you to build competency and confidence in your position. They provide the best products in the industry, and we go into a home with the goals to solve a problem and gain a friend rather than pushing for a sale.
Fast-paced environment with a fantastic culture!!!
The culture of this company is unlike any other I have ever worked in. It is the most collaborative team I have ever been a part of. Everyone is so accepting and including of one another. It is a lot of work, but it is work with a purpose. I look forward to going to work in the morning and actually enjoy my job. I have recruited members of my family to come work for this incredible company because it has changed my life and provided so much fulfillment. Highly recommend this opportunity!!! West Shore is the best thing that has happened to my family.
Scammers!!!!! They lie to make promises. And Cheat the Customer's!!!!!
I enjoy seeing the outcome of my work! self rewarding! But....... thats as far as it goes. Customer's love the talented installers. And hate the high pressure sales team that west shore pushes on them. This company will not pay $37.00 per hour that is a lie!!!!! don't believe them. That part of the bussiness is gone . They are looking to hire under talented people without experience. And cause all kinds of service calls and trouble out in the field of work. They have pushed out most of all the talent as they still do get paid 37-47+ for their talent and dedications to their self worth(NC-SC) ONLY!!! And those installers are being pushed to do unreachable (tasks) goals. This company lies to the customer when they say all jobs can be done in one day! Yeah if you want to be in someones personal home for 16+ hours in one day beacouse the job didnt go as a basic install should! Its not a one day until the talented well trained installer gets eyes on the job and gets it tore out. Then and maybe then its a one day. I was always told to under promise and over deliver . That will get you somewhere. And costomer's will remember you!!!!! Theres no support with west shore ! your just a number . If you don't reach the unreachable ; you are no good for there cause. Its all about how much you can make them. And now with the restructuring and fazing out of bryton's bath employees . A new hire is going no where fast. Why can they pay out 100k to an installer. Because that installer has worked for it . sometimes makes the yearly wages in just 2 weeks! west shore swimmimg in the dough that - more...
Excellent, fast growing company
This company is fast growing and I enjoy it immensely. It’s a great alternative to “corporate America”. I work with both the inside sales team members and the in home sales teams in the Pittsburgh region and both are top-notch who are always supportive to accomplish the big goal.

Company is very responsive to your needs and requests. Fair time off and paid holidays and vacations.
Management is the worst and work life balance is a joke.
The manager here is a joke and he doesn’t have any idea of what it means to be a leader. Everything is implemented through fear and you will never have a since of job security here and they make you aware of it daily. Not a great place to work and if you leave with owed commissions you won’t ever receive it.
Best Job I Ever Had
This is the best company I ever worked for. I've been here 2 months and they bring us food, prizes, dinner parties. Amazing place, BJ and management definitely have the right idea on how to treat employees and keep us happy.
I repeat dont do it
Listen. Unless you like being in cliques, sucking up to management, and want to do this forever; by all means this might be for you. They will set you up for failure and fire you in a heartbeat! Trust and believe they will find a way to fire you. Management sucks. No need to explain you’ll see if you accept the job. HR is no help. You’ll also see that if you accept the job. If a position is open that you want instead of being a call center rep... they’ll find every way to NOT help you get it. This place is a joke! Don’t f****** do it.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Shore Home. Our community is ready to answer.