West Shore Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nice work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MISeptember 6, 2017
Management needs some overhauling. Friendly people to work with. Major changes have caused some rifts within the units. Difficult to get management to listen.
Pros
12h shift work
Cons
management
Excellent group of individuals to work with
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manistee, MIJuly 21, 2017
West Shore Medical Center is a wonderful place to work, with excellent therapist to work with, and a fun staff over all. Management is well organized and caring. The culture is fun but very professional. There is always a variety of patient care ranging from pediatric, to orthopedic, to neurological.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Location is in the basement
Ups and Downs
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Manistee, MI 49660July 5, 2017
They are currently undergoing a change in ownership and there are changes in management. The benefits are good except there is no employee discount as there has been in years past. The pay depends on what kind of degree you have and where you work. Typically clerical jobs are paid less than other medical institutions. Skill degreed jobs are paid far better. As with most other medical facilities, there is a hospitalist company who provides physicians for inpatient care and emergency room care.
Pros
Small, easy to know patients
Cons
Management needs overhauling, need to listen to employees and their concerns
Busy
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MIFebruary 26, 2017
Registering patients for appointments, surgeries, lab work and the ER. Answering the phones, running reports and taking the to the appropriate departments.
Review Summary
Envirmental Services (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MIDecember 13, 2016
A typical day was from 3pm to 11:30 pm

I learned the different parts of the hospital that needed to be cleaned to the worksheets provided. Also learned the Professional Building where the doctor offices were located.

The department manager was pretty flexible above that, not so much.

The co-workers were all very helpful and really nice

The hardest part of the job was cleaning the morgue. The other was being pulled away from your listed duties to assist elsewhere
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
short breaks
Fun, creative place to work
IS Systems Analyst/ Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manistee, MIJuly 8, 2014
Fun, great place to work. I leave the office feeling like I made a difference in the world!
Co-workers are like family, in need of a good manager
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manistee, MIJuly 17, 2013
Being a smaller hospital, my co-workers are more like family. We not only depend on each other but help each other out wether at work or outside of work. We work along side of each other but also offer an ear if the need arises.
In the 9 years I have been an employee of West Shore, I have been thru at least 6 different managers, not including the ones that are just filling in until a permanent one is found. The hospital seems to have a difficult time keeping a nurse manager for more than 2 years.
Overall, I love what I do and feel I have blossomed as a person and as a nurse at West Shore. Being in a small town, my patients often recognize my family name and I think that helps them to feel more comfortable. Patients often states, "I feel better being in my home town hospital vs a larger one where your just a number."
Pros
Family, discounted lunches
Cons
Staffing shortage, missed breaks
I cleaned up the rooms, helped out with patients, did vital since , did intake and out take and documented it
west shore medical center (Former Employee) –  Mainstee ,MI 49660April 22, 2013
I would go in and make sure all the patients were comfortable and ask them if there was anything they needed .
Pros
meeting new people, helping people out
Cons
didnt get paid
Very busy place to work, learn alot.
Medical Phlebotimist (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MIFebruary 7, 2013
Working at the hospital has been a great experience. I have learned very much, and worked with great folks.
The position in the lab, was a extremely fast paced job. No time to play.
Pros
different things/ and experiences daily.
Cons
shoirt staffed, and not as many team players
West Shore Medical Center: all around review
Intern/Imaging Department-Management (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MISeptember 6, 2012
A typical day for me at West Shore Medical Center was attending meeting, working on physical year budget, write memos, review all policies and procedures, deal with staff issues, and interview other administration staff. I learned what it was like to be a manager in the Imaging Department. This included gained knowledge of CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, and Ultrasound; communication with staff; delegating jobs to certain staff members; and working with other managers. The co-workers were great, everyone was friendly and answered all questions I had for them. The hardest part of this job was not being able to work with patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting hands on experience as a manager.

Want to know more about West Shore Medical Center?

Ask a question
productive, good team players,
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manistee, MIApril 10, 2012
this project was a very challanging but yet successful at the end, there was an off-shore team for this project so it gave me a good scence of diversity, the management was very cooperative as well as my co-workers all exhibited good team player skilss, the other side of the job was the time difference with our off shore team in india i needed to match up with the time so had to stay up late at times to communicate so as to have the channel following. the most enjoable part of the job was the successful completion of the project on time.