West Virginia Wesleyan College Employee Reviews

Great mentors and beautiful campus
ASSISTANT COACH WOMEN'S SOCCER (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVMay 8, 2018
Had the opportunity to work with two extremely professional and hardworking coaches with the women's soccer team at WVWC. The culture of the team was held to a high standard and the success of the program reflected that.
Pros
Positive environment and great atmosphere
Cons
Long days
Work study is a great place to learn
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVMay 3, 2018
I held a work study job in the bio dept at WVWC. I was paid minimum wage, but learned a lot and established great relationships with all of my professors.
Fosters a culture of growth
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVApril 3, 2018
As a general work study student, I was placed in an office with which I was familiar. The Center for Community Engagement did not just give me meaningless tasks to complete, but they entrusted me with responsibilities that would make a large impact on the office and myself.
Terrible place
Graduate Resident Director (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVApril 3, 2018
I hated working here. The office was very petty. I felt like I was pushed at times to do a full time position as a graduate assistant. The managers were rude, and put me down often. I didn't even last a full year in the position because they strove to push people they didn't like out. Hopefully its gotten better because some of the negative people left. Also the town is very small. Nothing to do. They also only pay 3500 a year for a stipend.
Pros
Free food, free housing, free tuition
Cons
Horrible work life balance, unrealistic expectations, Stipend is tiny, nothing to do around town, rude personnel
Fun Workplace
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVFebruary 20, 2018
My experience with WVWC has been great, however, I need a change and hopefully make more money in the process. I enjoy working with people in and out of the work place.
Pros
getting to know the students
Cons
Not sure of the future of my current position
Great, and Beautiful place
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVFebruary 16, 2018
West Virginia Wesleyan is an amazing college with bright students and compassionate faculty. Working there was a true blessing and of course like all higher education places, it had barriers to overcome, but everyone works as a team to make the best of a rough situation. Would definitely work there again, if I had the opportunity.
Pleasant workplace and attitude
Student Assistant - Registrar (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WV 26201January 22, 2018
Both employees and students are a joy to be around. While not every moment may be engaging and interesting, it was overall a pleasant place to work. Very kind and positive attitude from basically every staff member.
Its a work study
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVNovember 19, 2017
Doing the referee job was a work study for me to make extra income. I used to be an athletic training major so working the athletic training job was part of the curriculum. Barbering is an entrepreneurial business i started because their are not good many barbers in the town. A lot of people do not trust the ones that are so i developed the skill. Now i have a lot of clients but i am done with school in December so i have to find employment home. My school is full of great people so i love the relationships i built and will miss everyone.
Pros
The people, extra income
Cons
very low pay. not enough hours
Bad manager and low salary
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVNovember 9, 2017
My manager was too young for the position back in that time and the salary was not great. I learnt a lot from the experience of being an RA , which helped me to get my current job as a Graduate Resident Mentor at SUNY Oswego.
Nice place to work.
Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVJune 12, 2017
Small department size and easy to handle small class sizes. I found most of the students are very nice, disciplined and hard worker.
College is very beautiful.
Pros
Very easy to work in small department
Cons
Sometimes I felt difficulties in finding second opinion to solve some problems
Productive and relaxed work environment with great relationships formed
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVMarch 24, 2017
The management works very hard to equip workers to be the best they can be as Resident Assistants. Training and is always given for those in need. Formal training is provided to train Resident Assistants in the best way possible to handle situations in residence halls in which may pertain to breaking of school code or issues in lack of education about diversity among students.
Not Bad
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVJanuary 9, 2017
Not bad. Pay is not much, but taking the location in considerations, it's on par. Management starts with the President and she displayed good management.
fast paced and difficult educational institution
Member of an NCAA college soccer team (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVOctober 26, 2015
The best part was living in another country for four years and getting to compete in the NCAA. The hardest part was balancing my soccer schedule with my academics and extracurricular activities.
Pros
competing and learning on a scholarship
Cons
It only lasted four years
I love this place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVAugust 21, 2015
I loved working for my school. The environment is rich and inviting. Not a place you could go wrong in any aspect. I learned a tremendous amount about becoming a professional in the workforce.
Friendly work place
Criminal justice instructor (Current Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVJune 15, 2015
Great place to work. The students are very intelligent. Staff and faculty work well together. Great private college. Very progressive.
Family-like
Business Program Development (Current Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVFebruary 17, 2015
The School of Business operates collectively as a team. All faculty and staff share a relationship and bond that makes for a positive environment. It was truly a joy going to work everyday, being part of a group that were trying to make a difference in young peoples lives.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No elevator to the third floor!
Great learning experience.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVAugust 16, 2014
The office I worked at had wonderful people who made the job that much more exciting. Apart from a few stuck up people the job was enjoyful. The pay was awful and benefits nonexistent, but the college made up for it with personality.
Relaxed workplace while maintaining productive atmosphere
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVAugust 1, 2014
A typical day at work would include meeting up with team members and collaborating together to achieve a goal. Valuable skills were learned such as effective use of time management, cooperation with team members through tele-conferences and one-on-one communication, and computer programming skills. It was difficult to learn programming skills without prior knowledge which ended up being the hardest part of the job. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work on such a difficult project with the support of professors, colleagues, and employees of NASA IV&V.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, learning certain operations of NASA IV&V.
Cons
Learning how to write computer programs
Gave me the tools to advance
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVMay 15, 2014
While in grad school and undergrad, West Virginia Wesleyan College game me to tools to become a productive and responsible member of society.
Enjoyed being outside and working with the team.
Assistant Lacrosse Coach (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVJune 11, 2012
A typical day would be planning practice, practicing, scheduling games, planning team travels, etc.