Westaff Employee Reviews

Great temp agency
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 16, 2019
I have been with westaff for over a year now and they have never jerked me around or tried to deceive me, they always find me jobs quickly and get me working
A good place to work
Maintenance Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 10, 2019
Great place to go if you're looking for temporary work or temp to hire work. You get to know the permanent employees and the companies procedures and policies.
Temp to Permanent Staffing agency
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 8, 2019
My job consisted of data entry of work orders, sales and balancing the checks for each part sold. It was an on demand manufacturing plant and had large checks to be balanced. The company was transitioning from manual entry of all orders, checks to a system that would automatically balance each check. Even though it was straight data entry it was still enjoyable as each day could still bring different aspects of the job.
Pros
Good working environment, friendly people, good commaraderie in the office
Cons
Husband transferred and had to leave the job.
Good place to work through
Temporary Helper (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILJanuary 28, 2019
As a staffing agency the found me a job quickly and that allowed me to pay my bills that I had at the time. places that we work at were great places to do so.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no benefits
Loved my assignment but had heartless management
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 17, 2019
Absolutely loved my assignment and was due to transition to a permanent position offered by my assignment. My pay check was stolen before I received it and after notifying management of the issue, I was belittled and sweetly told "that it was not their problem." I had put in 20 hours of overtime for that check that was stolen. Took over a month of phone calls, emails and huge hassle to retrieve my pay little by little.
Official response from Westaff
January 21, 2019

We're sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with the local branch. Treating our associates with courtesy, dignity, and respect is one of our highest priority. We are escalating your feedback to the local management team for review.

Productive and fun work place
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Just looking for a better opportunity , hopefully I can find a job that pays more so I can be able to move on with my life. Great work staff it’s just time for me to start something new.
Official response from Westaff
January 21, 2019

Thanks so much for the great review, we're glad we've provided you with great customer service and were able to help you with your job search. Don't forget to refer your friends and family to us! If you haven't already be sure and download our new associate mobile app to help you manage your assignment and payroll details.

Westaff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 18, 2018
This was a staffing agency and i worked for a sales job through them where i had a conflict with a co worker and they fired me. i feel i was discriminted against bc they fired me and kept the other coworker
Great company
Senior Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJDecember 14, 2018
Westaff is a good place to work at. It was very structured and organized. Most of the work I did was independent. I wasn’t micromanaged, felt I had the proper training to do my job. The clients were professional and great to work with.
Work was great
Sky Jack Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 13, 2018
I liked working there I but it's be a while so I really don't remember everything about the job but that's about it wouldn't mind going back to work for
Pros
It was good work
Cons
It was good work
Processing Medicaid Claims
ELIGIBILITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 24, 2018
Working for Westaff was easy, they made the application process easy and found me a position pretty quickly. I would definitely recommend Westaff to another person
Pros
Quickly found me a position
Cons
The pay was not the greatest
temporary employment
Documentation Specialist/ Clerical (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 13, 2018
It was a temporary job. I did data entry, clerical, and switchboard operation. I was never placed very long so I got a part time job while I took certain jobs.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 11, 2018
I worked at Weststaff for one month. Within the first three weeks, I was offered a fulltime, permanent opportunity. Westaff sent me out on an assignment three days after registering with them.
Pros
Opportunity to obtain a permanent position.
Cons
Low pay on some assignments.
Temp service.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 30, 2018
I got a full time job at Sunnen Products through this temp service. After 90 days as a temp I was offered a full time position. The staff at Westaff were helpful and they offer insurance and vacation after a certain hours worked for the company.
Westaff was a temporary job
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 25, 2018
I worked a temporary job at Westaff. This job through Westaff allowed me to be hired by Scottrade, Inc. I appreciate the time they allowed me off due to medical issues. Overall, it was ok.
A Good Place to Start the Adventure
Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHOctober 10, 2018
Westaff trusted me and gave me my very first opportunity to work in an office in USA when I was so new in the country. I learned and practiced so many helpful and essential skills such as working in a team, time managing, problem solving, customer service, written communication, organizational support and adaptability in a new environment which I always be grateful for that.
I hope I can use these skills in my future career.
not recommended
Finisher/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 29, 2018
i referred some people to westaff because the people I know were looking for work. I had good experience with getting a job thru them. Westaff didnt want family or friends working at the same location on the same shift.
Staff willing to place qualified candidates
Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 24, 2018
Placements are with professional offices with competitive pay. The work culture is professional. The staff work to get placements. The organization offers opportunity for qualifying applicants.
Pros
Professional Office
Cons
na
Scanner Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Great place to work at. Friendly staff. Can go to work casual jeans and a t-shirt. Had your own desk. As long as you meet your quota for the day nobody bothered you.
Pros
Hour lunchtime
Cons
No benefits
Enjoyed the training process
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSSeptember 19, 2018
The company is no longer in business, but I was given an opportunity to work several of more places before they closed or moved. It was an office environment; the staff was friendly, and supportive.
Pros
Training
Cons
Not enough work
One day temp. job
Data Entry, PC, Mailing, Answer Calls (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 18, 2018
This job that was sent to. I had ask. The agent at this Westaff office. If they needed someone. That speaks Spanish. I do not speak Spanish. She said no! I went to this job site. This job site was miles away, but I went anyway. Well, when I arrived at this job site. I meet a women. She was very nice to me. She ask me if I speak Spanish. I said no. I said to her. That I had ask my agent if you needed someone. That speaks Spanish. That I did not speak Spanish. So this way my agent would not send me to this place. It turn out to be. That they did need someone. That speaks Spanish. This place still kept me there, but I really was just in the way. This place was not enjoyable at all.
Pros
Cons
Communcation Gap!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westaff. Our community is ready to answer.