Westbay Community Action, Inc.

Westbay Community Action, Inc.: 8 Employee Reviews

United States8 reviews

Westbay Community Action, Inc. insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals

A company helping people on the inside AND the outside.

Westbay has been the best work experience I've had in over 25 years of being in the workforce. It's truly a community within a community. Throughout the COVID pandemic our management proved that they are not only here for people in need, but they're here for their employees (who also have tough times) too. Westbay understands the importance of family and is as flexible as possible when family needs arise. The culture is fluid, changing to adapt with the climate as needed. Westbay is on the move and is an agency that continues to grow. I enjoy my work - every day brings a new challenge - and every day brings a new opportunity to help someone else.

Pros

Paid time off, paid holidays, generous benefits, friendly environment, wellness / engagement activities

Cons

Multiple worksites make it difficult to connect with all fellow employees.

A company helping people on the inside AND the outside.

Pros

Cons

Multiple worksites make it difficult to connect with all fellow employees.

Wonderful

It was a really great experience i enjoyed the fast pace helping customer's shop for their food the people that work there are so nice it was absolutely cool

Finally a place to call "home!"

I love working at Westbay! It's never a fight to get me to come to work in the morning - I have no plans to leave unless an opportunity for growth comes up that I simply can't pass up. Everyone here pitches in to get the jobs done. The flexibility allows for us to be present at times of need with our families as well.

fast paced

No 2 days are ever the same. Fast paced, days go by very fast. My manager is very open and approachable. I am only looking to move on because I want to move out of state. If it was not for that I would stay, no question. No other company have I worked for where the CEO knows everyone's name and what their exact job title is

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

great place to work

great entry level job, very stressful job with little pay but some much experience gained. Great company, small work environment with very helpful coworkers

Helped veterans

I did research to help veterans find benefits that are available to them within the area. I searched online for resources and put them on the website. Management and coworkers were very nice and helpful when needed. The hardest part of the job was making sure that I had enough information and contact information for veterans who were searching for any particular resources. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I had a part in helping our military veterans.

Fun

I enjoyed being around many hard workers who were as eager to learn as I was. I learned how to properly create a resume among many other things that will help to further advance my career. I enjoyed all of the hard tasks I had to complete. I feel as if some of my co-workers did not work as hard as others. I placed myself with those who worked hard to complete the tasks which were assigned to us.

Pros

Hard work

Cons

Bad attitudes from some co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westbay Community Action, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.8

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Westbay Community Action, Inc. Reviews by Location

Learn about Westbay Community Action, Inc. in popular locations

• Westbay Community Action, Inc.