Westchester Community College Employee Reviews

Register Clerk
Office of the Registrar (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 11, 2018
Westchester Community College is my second job. I love working at
Westchester Community College, It is just that I do the work that
everyone in the office does. We all learn each other jobs so if one person is out we can do their job. But getting paid just 8.40 per hour is not enough for me. But to paid my bills for now I am going to stay until I can get a full time position.

But I love working here everyone works with each other. We have team work here. We all help each other if we need help. I just love it. We all get along. The magic word is team work is what makes the dream work.
Pros
no lunch
Cons
15 mins break
Wcc
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYJune 17, 2018
Quiet environment, how to be communicate efficiently with others with vary of people. I had the greatest boss, she was very calm and respectful. Very approachable and very resourceful.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
early dismissal if it is a very slow day
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 10, 2018
Only a contract worker as an adjunct but covered by the union. Good place to work. Good facilities and a nice selection of courses for selecting a major. About 3/4 of the students enroll part-time and usually work some part of the day. WCC has several campuses for the student to select as well as on-line classes.
Pros
Courses to fit your schedule
Cons
Distance from my home.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 8, 2018
I enjoyed the experience. Working in the field that I was studying. Not enough hours however a great experience.. Running class rosters and making sure that all students payments were correct. Ordering lunch, office supplies and materials.
Pros
Working and learning
Cons
Not enough hours
A good teaching experience.
Adjunct Professor Computer Science (Current Employee) –  New York StateJune 2, 2018
As an adjunct professor you are expected to step into the position and perform with little preparation time. Courses are structured for you. The class room are equipped with the latest technology. A good experience.
fun place to work
Temporary job as a Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMay 9, 2018
This was a part time job while I studied there, of course I had to focused on my job, but it was fun at the same time, no stress at all, just worked with people that were fun to be with.
Often multitasked while tutoring in different subjects
TRIO Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 11, 2018
A typical day included tutoring multiple students in subjects ranging from English, algebra, trigonometry, anatomy, biology, nutrition, etc. The hardest part of the job was trying to tutor multiple students at the same time, especially when one student would come for help in English and another would come for help in math. However I enjoyed the challenge and seeing each student achieve better grades because they were able to get help and understand each topic more clearly.
Pros
helping others, refreshing knowledge
Cons
only tutor scheduled sometimes, multiple people would come in at the same time
Ems
EMS Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMarch 7, 2018
Instruction to EMS students in the care and support used in a pre hospital setting. Training these students the fundamentals of emergency medical response in a pre hospital setting was quite rewarding.
College Student
College Student (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMarch 6, 2018
WCC was a decent 2 year college and enjoyed some of the classes I took and some of the Professors were good. Over all, it was an OK experience, but guidance was not there.
Pros
Cheap tuition
Cons
Not enough help in certain classes available
fun work place.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2018
it was nice working there. the manager was nice with all employees. all employees were nice. i really enjoyed working at westchester community college
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Ossining, NYFebruary 1, 2018
As it was my first job i learned a lot. the environment is very friendly and welcoming. Everyday dealing with students and professors make me confident to deal with different kind of people.
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2018
I have worked as an Adjunct Faculty member for 6 years. The College provides a wonderful opportunity to balance work around my children's busy schedule. The Management and Administrative staff are very effective and easy to work with.
Underpaid
Computer Information Systems Intern (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJanuary 14, 2018
It was a lot of work. I am Underpaid for I need to do. No raise. Small budget. Good experience. Learned a lot. Fun. IT Dept. Management needs to work on a lot.
productive
Part-time College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJanuary 14, 2018
College is highly organized. I enjoyed teaching Math to older adults who were completing their associate degrees. The management supplied us with all our classroom needs.
Pros
good rate of pay per hour
Cons
class assigned may be canceled with poor enrollment
work place envirnment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 29, 2017
i would do anything for cleaning and sanitizing to preping to rotating stock and checking the temperature on the refrigerator i would cook entrees, dessert main course and side dish.
Pros
hardworking
Cons
earned and gain experience
Turmoil
Instructor & Curriculum Chair- Paralegal Studies (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 30, 2017
Lots of administrative changes at the time so much turmoil. Some managers are not open to change but most faculty are young and progressive. It's a recipe for disaster.
Very good academic institution but very poor management in certain offices
ESL Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 16, 2017
Opportunities to anonymously review management of the departments should be made available to staff. This is not done in a uniform way and can lead to extremely ineffective management styles.
Excellent teachers
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 13, 2017
The teachers were competent and professional in obtaining knowledge and help for the students. The work study jobs were very correlated to the students degree study.
Pros
various Degree plans.
Cons
Need more work study jobs
Meeting with people everyday talking about aid
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 3, 2017
Some days were long some were busy and felt short, There was never a shortage of laughs. I love meeting people so i enjoyed anyone i sat with. And we always had a good time.
Great environment
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 3, 2017
Everyone is supportive and very helpful. I feel great when i go to work. Its an environment that fosters your growth. I would recommend working there to anyone.