Westchester Medical Center Employee Reviews

Laboratory Technician II (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYAugust 10, 2018
Good place to work. The hospital is the best in Westchester county. They have UNION ,and the benefit is very good. Pension is good, it is really a desirable place to work.
Pros
location is good
Cons
parking is not good
Dont bother Applying to this place
Medical Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYAugust 3, 2018
Worst organization to be a part of, Specially the clinical Utilization and Management department is the worst place to be. They treat you like a kindergarten student.
Pros
Cons
Worthless place, please don't bother applying job here. People don't even have the basic manners
tuff job.
patient care ASSOICATE (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 29, 2018
no staffing and zero appreciation. 12 hour shifts for nursing staff. the culture of the hospital is mixed. 30 minute drive from the city. public transportation is hard
Medical
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 9, 2018
Everyday was unpredictable when it came to patient care. 24 hours, five day a week it was a fast pace environment. In the medical field you learn something new, and management helps with the process so everyone is always on the same page. Hardest part was to see a family member lose another to illness or tragedy. However, cure was the most enjoyable.
Horrible experience at Westchester Medical Center
Insurance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 29, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone. Unorganized place of business with uneducated management. Westchester Medical Center does not offer the professional environment that you suppose to have. They lack knowledgeable management, and poor work ethic and does not honestly treat their staff/employees with dignity and fairness. It was indeed horrible to work in a such hostile environment.
Fair working environment
Per diem Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 25, 2018
I voluntarily resigned from my position due to multiple cancellations of shifts during the last few weeks of my employment. West Chester Medical Center is the kind of place where I felt good patient care and customer service was valued and appreciated. Assignments were mostly designed to allow for exceptional, thorough patient care.
Pros
loose per diem requirments
Cons
cancellations of shifts
Limited advancement.
Cardiology Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 25, 2018
I was underutilized at this position. Worked 9 to 5. I learned little. Most employees there were pleasant but several seemed to have little passion for the work.
Great place to start a career
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 24, 2018
If you are looking for a challenge and fast paced atmosphere I would definitely apply here. This is not a job for someone who just wants to get by. This is a Level 1 Trauma Center.
management
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 24, 2018
management scream and threaten to fire you every day, supervisor call me stupid. human resources doesn't do nothing about it. security unstable. pay good but any minute you can be fire because you answer back or because they don't like you. if you have no life and work every hour of the day they might treat you better for a day and than bully you again.
Pros
pay good
Cons
pay on the 15 and 30 so over time isn't fair paid
Very fast paced.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 13, 2018
It is a great hospital, the staff is amazing and the overall atmosphere is great. The food is good, a little expensive but I honestly have no complaints.
• Maintained an infection controlled clean environment for patients including high dusting, vacuuming and cleaning windows
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 6, 2018
It is a very good company. The management is very reasonable and extremely helpful as well as your co-workers. I would recommend others to work for this company.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMay 31, 2018
I enjoyed working at WMC, they were all very helpful and provided me with great advice and skills I can use to further my career. I spent most of my working career there and wouldn't trade it for anything.
Acute Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMay 30, 2018
Good place to work.
Environment is clean.
Patient safety first.
Well lighted at night.
Ample of parking space available..
Medical supplies is never a problem.
Food and space for sleeping is offered on inclement weather.
Poor performers shielded
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMay 3, 2018
Management at the medical center is out of touch with the staff. Workers who produce are regularly under appreciated and over workered, while poor performers remain in position and frequently rotated to different departments instead of being removed from the facility. Many departments are understaffed but the workload continues to increase.
Pros
Public transport on campus
Cons
Management is clueless, wages are low
Westchester Med Center
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 29, 2018
I worked there overnight, management was average. Always busy when I worked there, it's a good hospital to recommend. If i had to work there again, i would.
Productive and very busy
not friendly
commuting back and forth from Yonkers to NYC
making sure all assignments were completed 56
HIgh Turnover
Assistant Manager / Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 27, 2018
it's not a job to have when you have a family or want a personal life. Upper management is horrendous with the employees. Super high turnover rate. Too many changes with schedules.
Pros
Meet tons of new people everyday
Cons
upper management has no respect for their employees.
Excellent Place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 21, 2018
I worked at Westchester Medical Center for 15 years. It can be extremely busy, but the team work there was excellent. All of my hands on nursing skills were learned there. Management was always nice about working with your schedule, and always there if you needed to learn something to new for extra support. The best part of my job is saving someone life, and the worse part of my job is being so busy there is no time to take a lunch break.
Pros
excellent people and mangment, great learning enviroment, you make your schedule
Cons
short staffing, very busy
Funworplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
It was a great experience working as a nursing assistant and being in nursing school as well. It enlightened me and added to my experience as to what I was learning in school.
Great Place to Work
Interim Director of Case Management (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 15, 2018
It is the best learning place to work. It is very fast pace place to work. Dealt with complex case with lots of challenges. Teaching institution with great medical team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westchester Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight