Westchester Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work for
Credit & Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYOctober 2, 2018
Such a great experience Very professional
Team work Well managed
The atmosphere was outstanding
Human Resources very helpful
The new parking helped a lot
Pros
Free lunch
Great place to work at, full of friendly and helpful staff.
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 25, 2018
Great benefits and the hospital's accessible location are a plus here. In my experience, the hiring process is fast. Staff from all departments are very warm and inviting to new-comers.
Westchester medical center is one of the best place I have ever work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  ValhallaSeptember 18, 2018
I started working at Westchester medical center in the summer of 2012. I worked in the neurosurgical unit as a nursing assistant. the workers at the unit work collaboratively to ensure the wellbeing of our patient.
Productive and challenging workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Working at Westchester medical center helps you understand the importance of customer service. Working in a hospital can be very challenging due to many circumstances and situations can occur at any given moment. Working here help me communicate with multiple diverse backgrounds. It helped me advance my skills with working with other guards to help defuse dangerous . I learned how to do CPR and crisis prevention skills. I learned how to make good decisions under critical and stressful situations. On a daily basis I was working with doctors nurses and fellow security guards to provide the proper safety and care the patients/ clients needs. The hardest part of the job was trying to defuse multiple emergency calls with the lack of man power at one time. The best part of this job and position is the learning environment I was working in. I was able to meet new people and communicate with many people from different backgrounds and walks of life.
Pros
Great pay rate, Great medical vision and dental insurance
Cons
Lack of communication in stressful situations
WCMC is a loving and caring place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYSeptember 5, 2018
I work in the TICU and I have seen all levels of trauma. What is most rewarding is when a patient that was given little or no chance to survive walks in the unit months and even years later and say "Thanks for being a part of my recovery" or family members sending kind words about the loving, caring environment that they experienced from TICU and sometime the out come ended in death of the patients but the families still find it worth while to say "Thanks"
I like the place but feel like no Advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYAugust 14, 2018
I been here for a little while now and it feels like I’m going no place with this job. Managent is very nice and will try to help out. But overall a good place
Laboratory Technician II (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYAugust 10, 2018
Good place to work. The hospital is the best in Westchester county. They have UNION ,and the benefit is very good. Pension is good, it is really a desirable place to work.
Pros
location is good
Cons
parking is not good
Dont bother Applying to this place
Medical Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYAugust 3, 2018
Worst organization to be a part of, Specially the clinical Utilization and Management department is the worst place to be. They treat you like a kindergarten student.
Pros
Cons
Worthless place, please don't bother applying job here. People don't even have the basic manners
tuff job.
patient care ASSOICATE (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 29, 2018
no staffing and zero appreciation. 12 hour shifts for nursing staff. the culture of the hospital is mixed. 30 minute drive from the city. public transportation is hard
Fast paced work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 10, 2018
The Hardest part of my job was cleaning the contact rooms (airborn virus infected rooms) but I enjoyed working with my coworkers they were extremely helpful
Pros
Room to grow in the hospital
Cons
Expensive meals
Medical
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 9, 2018
Everyday was unpredictable when it came to patient care. 24 hours, five day a week it was a fast pace environment. In the medical field you learn something new, and management helps with the process so everyone is always on the same page. Hardest part was to see a family member lose another to illness or tragedy. However, cure was the most enjoyable.
Horrible experience at Westchester Medical Center
Insurance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 29, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone. Unorganized place of business with uneducated management. Westchester Medical Center does not offer the professional environment that you suppose to have. They lack knowledgeable management, and poor work ethic and does not honestly treat their staff/employees with dignity and fairness. It was indeed horrible to work in a such hostile environment.
Fair working environment
Per diem Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 25, 2018
I voluntarily resigned from my position due to multiple cancellations of shifts during the last few weeks of my employment. West Chester Medical Center is the kind of place where I felt good patient care and customer service was valued and appreciated. Assignments were mostly designed to allow for exceptional, thorough patient care.
Pros
loose per diem requirments
Cons
cancellations of shifts
Limited advancement.
Cardiology Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 25, 2018
I was underutilized at this position. Worked 9 to 5. I learned little. Most employees there were pleasant but several seemed to have little passion for the work.
Great place to start a career
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 24, 2018
If you are looking for a challenge and fast paced atmosphere I would definitely apply here. This is not a job for someone who just wants to get by. This is a Level 1 Trauma Center.
management
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 24, 2018
management scream and threaten to fire you every day, supervisor call me stupid. human resources doesn't do nothing about it. security unstable. pay good but any minute you can be fire because you answer back or because they don't like you. if you have no life and work every hour of the day they might treat you better for a day and than bully you again.
Pros
pay good
Cons
pay on the 15 and 30 so over time isn't fair paid
Very fast paced.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 13, 2018
It is a great hospital, the staff is amazing and the overall atmosphere is great. The food is good, a little expensive but I honestly have no complaints.
Healthy environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 8, 2018
Great hospital, support staff development, and growth, great location that offers easy transport and commute. Hospital may need improvement with diversity
• Maintained an infection controlled clean environment for patients including high dusting, vacuuming and cleaning windows
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 6, 2018
It is a very good company. The management is very reasonable and extremely helpful as well as your co-workers. I would recommend others to work for this company.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMay 31, 2018
I enjoyed working at WMC, they were all very helpful and provided me with great advice and skills I can use to further my career. I spent most of my working career there and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westchester Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight