WESTCOAST CONNECTION Employee Reviews

Hard Place to Work, Staff Tougher to Get Along With
Trip Leader (Former Employee) –  VariousMarch 13, 2019
I was a trip leader in the past and I found the other staff on the trip to be princesses. They would complain about everything that went wrong and did not know how to deal with any adverse stress. Upper management is linked heavily with the Trip Directors and they always have each other's back, which I found to be a problem because when an incident arose they did not trust me, as I was just some trip leader. The kids on my trip were great and definitely the highlight of the trip. This company could be run alot better if they had more trust in its trip leaders.
Pros
Food is good, great hotels, great excursions, free travel
Cons
horrible work - private time balance, No free time
Great Summer
Trip Leader, Teen Tour (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
On-call all the time but it is a really rewarding environment. good childcare training. Travel experience added. Great opportunity for personal growth.
Pros
Paid trip
All about the kids, exciting trips.
Trip Leader, United States (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2016
Working as a staff during the summer entails long days on the go with not much sleep. Learnt how to work as a team to ensure trip ran smoothly without any noticeable hiccups. Great summer job for university students/teachers. Not worth it if your looking to make money.
Bets Teen Travel company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYAugust 16, 2012
Westcoast connection is a dream place for people looking to learn about the travel industry and working with teenagers. I learned about scheduling and working with parents and I even got to go on a trip I helped to plan!