Western Alliance Bank Employee Reviews

Behind the Technology Curve
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2018
The bank and leadership is obsessed with expansion, so much so that they fail to realize what it actually takes to grow a successful organization. You might want to start adopting industry best practices and let go of archaic and legacy systems.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Executives and leadership do a very poor job with communication
All places have pros and cons check them out yourself
CLIENT SERVICE ADVISOR SENIOR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2018
After a year of work a coworker of mine still feels like an outside looking in. For me I feel the same way after 6 months however its not as big of a deal for me as I'm not knee deep in the trenches. Overall people are friendly.
Overall Satisfactory company to work for
Credit Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2018
Overall Satisfactory company to work for; the overall culture was positive experience. At times there could be communication issues between upper management and lower function with procedures; were changes in policies and procedures were not effectively communicated to lower level workers. This caused disruption of workflow.
Professional Friendly
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2018
Nice People. Had a great experience. Learned about banking industry. I enjoyed my job and my co workers. Everyday was a new experience. We got busy sometimes but we still had fun.
Commercial Loans (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2018
Great place to work. glad i made the switch. i'm a new employee, but i love it so far. I feel i can grow with the company. There's lost of room for advancement.
Fast paced
Funding & Collateral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 4, 2018
Gained a great deal of knowledge regarding excel, banking procedures. An emphasis on women in leadership has been established and continues to grow. With the tax reform all hourly employees received a 7.5% raise. 401K received a 50% match increase for our 401k, and 16 paid weeks off for maternity leave.
Pros
Lunches, team builders, open door policy
Cons
lack of training, high expectations and low preparation. Highly political atmosphere
Good organization
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2018
Good organization to work for though differences exist between entities. Good communication throughout and organizational goals and objectives are well established.
Busy and challenging place to work
Loan Servicing Officer, Specialty Lending (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2017
This is an excellent place to work with additional lending products such as municipal loans and syndications. Western Alliance Bank has ventured into territory that is usually unavailable outside the global banking market, and there is much to learn.
Pros
Very advanced types of commercial lending, offering a variety of specialty financing lines. Fairly casual atmosphere
Cons
Due to the way this company has grown, there are multiple divisions that are not yet standardized, and there is much room for procedure streamlining to eliminate duplication of duties.
Fun place to work, basic work responsibilites
Capital Finance Credit Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 7, 2018
It was a fun place to work in terms of location, people, etc. However, the work was very repetitive and routine. I cannot see myself working there for more than a year doing the same thing.
Pros
Cons
Lack of benefits
Wonderful place to gain experience
Vendor Management Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2018
Perfect place to work to grow within a corporate office. Western Alliance also pays really well and knows how to value their team members with bonuses and paid vacation.
Pros
Pay, growth, community
Good Place
BSA Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 8, 2018
Good place to work, corporate is in Phoenix, so you may have to relocate if you're back office, but successful business. Takes care of their employees.
Don't trust them for steady employment
Training officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2017
I was recruited by WAB from another company in which I was highly regarded and appreciated. From the very beginning, my supervisors were gunning to remove me so that they could replace me with someone they found after giving me the offer. They gave me work that I was not trained in (and had nothing to do with my job) and then critized me when I didn't do it perfectly. They never gave me guidance or coaching on how to improve my performance. I just got vague answers that I was "unprofessional" and "not living up to expectations", but when I asked them to be more specific, they had no concrete answers to me. They dismissed me without any warning within 6 weeks.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Bad management, poor communication, judgmental attitude, doesn't care about individuals.
Bad place to work.. No advancement.. No structure
Operations Utility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downtown Los AngelesJuly 23, 2015
Since the first day I started it was a confusing place to work... Paperwork was never constant and always changing because of all of the affiliates. The manager we had was severely abusive towards us and HR did nothing for 2 1/2 years until we all complained for the final time until they finally got it... Just yesterday 7/22 they laid off two more people, both management.. So to ask if your job is secure is a big no... If you apply for this position I hope you're a woman that likes showing skin because that's only way to move up in this company...
Pros
Developed great relationships with clients
Cons
High deductible for insurance. Poor management, and highly discriminatory..
Generally a good place to work, professional and fair.
AVP, Wire Product Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2015
I was able to get a great understanding of the banking world, the internal operations and functions within a financial institution. Over my tenure we experienced the economic downturn of 2008 into the present day recovery. Interesting to experience the challenges presented by adversity, but also see growth - organically and through acquisition. A good management and workforce with high professional standards.
Pros
Fair employer, with a great approach to banking.
Cons
Employee health benefits are wanting but improving.
Not bad, but not the company it once was
IT Department (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2014
I learned an amazing amount during my time there and used to absolutely love my job. However, the culture started to change (not for the better) when the company went public and everything took an even greater downturn when the current IT management took over. Things rapidly declined into a spiral of layoffs and outsourcing, the end result of which is yet to be determined.

There are a lot of good people working at the company and I want nothing but success for them and for the company, but I have grave doubts about the current direction of the IT department, whose poor performance could be a drag on the company as a whole.
Pros
Good people, Used to be a great work environment - laid back and fun.
Cons
Moving in a bad direction
great coworkers, good company
Full-time Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2015
Basically my includes answering phones and helping clients and potential clients with their questions and concerns. There is also data entry involved. Great management that really cares for their employees. The one down fall is that there is not room to move up in my particular dept. The salary could be better. But all in all in very good company to work for.
Pros
great hours, great co workers
Cons
pay
Worst company culture in the world, even for a bank
Lending (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2016
Not a disgruntled employee here, but no amount of money can get me back the years I suffered there. Lack of transparency. Lack of pay. Lack of training, too many managers who don't do a thing. Virtually no pay raises while the company brags about how profitable they are. Employees are told not to socialize with each other. Don't bother with this place, go apply for unemployment instead
The worst company to work for...
Customer Service Representative/Utility (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2016
The experience I had from working for this company was horrible. First of all HR is joke!!! The company needs to pay for branch managers and CSM's to go for training in leadership skills.

When I began having issues with management, I had complained several different times to HR on several different occasions about the issues; and every time they came back saying there was no issues which was a lie. HR would rather side with management than resolve the issues.
I witnessed temps being bullied by management, and customers complaints about the management. You're required to know how to work every position on the operation side but won't get the title or pay.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Lunches after 3pm, HR favors management, Racial discrimination
This company is a joke!
Ebanking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2015
I work for the Phoenix, AZ office location for a week and I was promised by the hiring manager that I will get the proper training up to 6+ weeks to learn the job. Well the first day as the last day I worked for ebanking dept (which was only 5 days) I spent 80% of the day patiently waiting and talking with near by coworkers and I approached the "Training Managers" on what's on the agenda and they gave me the same excuse "We're busy" and after the 5th working day I gave up on this joke called a company. The interesting thing was the managers and coworkers would talk about getting drunk, partying, and trash talking the later complain about no having enough man power to get the job done "more effectively" lol.
Pros
Free bottled water and oatmeal!
Cons
Poor Training Structure and Jaded Managers
Good company with a bit too much growth
Security Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2015
Simply put, I love my work in this company and did not have any desire to leave. However, a new manager was hired into our department and quite literally cleaned house of everyone regardless of credential or experience and filled the vacancies with his own choices without review or check and balances from any of the other managers. It was like watching a movie unfold.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Alliance Bank. Our community is ready to answer.