Western Alliance Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overall Satisfactory company to work for
Credit Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2018
Overall Satisfactory company to work for; the overall culture was positive experience. At times there could be communication issues between upper management and lower function with procedures; were changes in policies and procedures were not effectively communicated to lower level workers. This caused disruption of workflow.
Fast paced
Funding & Collateral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 4, 2018
Gained a great deal of knowledge regarding excel, banking procedures. An emphasis on women in leadership has been established and continues to grow. With the tax reform all hourly employees received a 7.5% raise. 401K received a 50% match increase for our 401k, and 16 paid weeks off for maternity leave.
Pros
Lunches, team builders, open door policy
Cons
lack of training, high expectations and low preparation. Highly political atmosphere
Good Place
BSA Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 8, 2018
Good place to work, corporate is in Phoenix, so you may have to relocate if you're back office, but successful business. Takes care of their employees.
Wonderful place to gain experience
Vendor Management Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2018
Perfect place to work to grow within a corporate office. Western Alliance also pays really well and knows how to value their team members with bonuses and paid vacation.
Pros
Pay, growth, community
Fun place to work, basic work responsibilites
Capital Finance Credit Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 7, 2018
It was a fun place to work in terms of location, people, etc. However, the work was very repetitive and routine. I cannot see myself working there for more than a year doing the same thing.
Pros
Cons
Lack of benefits
Busy and challenging place to work
Loan Servicing Officer, Specialty Lending (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2017
This is an excellent place to work with additional lending products such as municipal loans and syndications. Western Alliance Bank has ventured into territory that is usually unavailable outside the global banking market, and there is much to learn.
Pros
Very advanced types of commercial lending, offering a variety of specialty financing lines. Fairly casual atmosphere
Cons
Due to the way this company has grown, there are multiple divisions that are not yet standardized, and there is much room for procedure streamlining to eliminate duplication of duties.
NETWORK ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2017
Western alliance was a regular job, with normal expectations.There was a team atmosphere, where people worked together to get the job done. Nice people.
Don't trust them for steady employment
Training officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2017
I was recruited by WAB from another company in which I was highly regarded and appreciated. From the very beginning, my supervisors were gunning to remove me so that they could replace me with someone they found after giving me the offer. They gave me work that I was not trained in (and had nothing to do with my job) and then critized me when I didn't do it perfectly. They never gave me guidance or coaching on how to improve my performance. I just got vague answers that I was "unprofessional" and "not living up to expectations", but when I asked them to be more specific, they had no concrete answers to me. They dismissed me without any warning within 6 weeks.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Bad management, poor communication, judgmental attitude, doesn't care about individuals.
I'm having a good time
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  PhoenixOctober 7, 2016
Been with the company about 2 years now. Good pay, decent benefits, awesome bonus. Most of the people I work with are nice and smart. I left a big company and like the atmosphere better.
Pros
Bonus and pay
Cons
not a lot of free time
Sound Community Bank in Tucson
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 20, 2016
Alliance was in a period where we were not getting A+ deals and goals were high. Worked with some great people and we all wanted to succeed but do to the recession things were on hold and my position in Business Development was eliminated.
Office Politics and favoritism at its core
IT & Ops Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2016
I would not recommend this company to any serious professional with career aspirations. Workplace environment and culture its dysfunctional and toxic. Only people who belong in the inner circle of sr. management will get promoted. Degrees and qualifications to further your career don't count in this place.
Pros
Cons
401k benefits etc
Exciting work area
Wire Transfer Specialist (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2016
Some days are real busy compared to others and a risky environment to work in. Having to deal with foreign and domestic accounts
Turnover is excessive; better be a man to work here
Commercial Lending Support (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2016
I used to work here and it was hands down the worst place I have worked. There are a lot of opportunities for guys, but women are treated unfairly because of their gender. HR is a joke, and management could care less. Very strange place where I didn't feel valued. I knew my time was limited.
Pros
$.50 water
Cons
Benefits, pay inequality, favoritism, overworked
Worst company culture in the world, even for a bank
Lending (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2016
Not a disgruntled employee here, but no amount of money can get me back the years I suffered there. Lack of transparency. Lack of pay. Lack of training, too many managers who don't do a thing. Virtually no pay raises while the company brags about how profitable they are. Employees are told not to socialize with each other. Don't bother with this place, go apply for unemployment instead
Growing Company with no guidelines or leadership to steer the ship
Client Services Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2016
The company is growing leaps and bounds into a large bank. There is no real management in the company to facilitate the growth. There is no real customer focus on what is being done just reactive steps to complaints.
The worst company to work for...
Customer Service Representative/Utility (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2016
The experience I had from working for this company was horrible. First of all HR is joke!!! The company needs to pay for branch managers and CSM's to go for training in leadership skills.

When I began having issues with management, I had complained several different times to HR on several different occasions about the issues; and every time they came back saying there was no issues which was a lie. HR would rather side with management than resolve the issues.
I witnessed temps being bullied by management, and customers complaints about the management. You're required to know how to work every position on the operation side but won't get the title or pay.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Lunches after 3pm, HR favors management, Racial discrimination
Generally a good place to work, professional and fair.
AVP, Wire Product Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2015
I was able to get a great understanding of the banking world, the internal operations and functions within a financial institution. Over my tenure we experienced the economic downturn of 2008 into the present day recovery. Interesting to experience the challenges presented by adversity, but also see growth - organically and through acquisition. A good management and workforce with high professional standards.
Pros
Fair employer, with a great approach to banking.
Cons
Employee health benefits are wanting but improving.
This company is a joke!
Ebanking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2015
I work for the Phoenix, AZ office location for a week and I was promised by the hiring manager that I will get the proper training up to 6+ weeks to learn the job. Well the first day as the last day I worked for ebanking dept (which was only 5 days) I spent 80% of the day patiently waiting and talking with near by coworkers and I approached the "Training Managers" on what's on the agenda and they gave me the same excuse "We're busy" and after the 5th working day I gave up on this joke called a company. The interesting thing was the managers and coworkers would talk about getting drunk, partying, and trash talking the later complain about no having enough man power to get the job done "more effectively" lol.
Pros
Free bottled water and oatmeal!
Cons
Poor Training Structure and Jaded Managers
Bad place to work.. No advancement.. No structure
Operations Utility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downtown Los AngelesJuly 23, 2015
Since the first day I started it was a confusing place to work... Paperwork was never constant and always changing because of all of the affiliates. The manager we had was severely abusive towards us and HR did nothing for 2 1/2 years until we all complained for the final time until they finally got it... Just yesterday 7/22 they laid off two more people, both management.. So to ask if your job is secure is a big no... If you apply for this position I hope you're a woman that likes showing skin because that's only way to move up in this company...
Pros
Developed great relationships with clients
Cons
High deductible for insurance. Poor management, and highly discriminatory..
Productive Atmosphere
Online Banking Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2015
There is ample opportunity to learn and grow. Although there is little in the way of structure for training you are surrounded by plenty of people with knowledge and experience.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Lack of structure