Western Asset Management Employee Reviews

MBA Summer Internship - Great Experience!
Credit Portfolio Management MBA Internship (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 7, 2017
I had a great experience over the summer. My seniors, supervisors, and coworkers for the most part took valuable time out of their day to teach me and help me the first several weeks on the job. Work-life balance was great, and my two supervisors were very fair and easy to work for.
Good place to work, but slow prospects for advancement
Proposal Writer - Client Service & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 7, 2017
I ultimately left because there was little in the way of possibilities for advancement. There could be better mentorship and advancement. I haven't worked there for 4 years, so perhaps this has changed.
Pros
subsidized meals
Cons
pay, promotions
Good place to grow
Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
Great place to start your career. The company encourages entrepreneurship to those willing to learn and grow. The firm is very lean, but that could present opportunities to take on extra tasks and learn more than you ever thought possible.
Pros
Pizza Friday each month
Cons
Colleagues happy to stay in their current roles and not grow
Quality company with smart people.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Quality company with smart people. Work is challenging. Benefits are good. Opportunities exist internally. Different areas of the company are a bit siloed from one another.
postitive place to work
Assistant in Human Resources & Client Serv (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 29, 2016
A good working evironment where everyone is very serious yet approachable. I felt challenged everyday. There were plenty of opportunites to delevop your skills and move forward.
Pros
free food snacks
Friendly and good benefit
Portfolio Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 3, 2016
People are friendly, playing sport together, very supportive, very busy daily work load. I love to work for WAMCO, but the daily commute is two and half hours for me.
Great Place To Work!
Senior Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 1, 2016
I worked at Western Asset for almost a decade before I left. It's a great place to work. No real downside, except for the low turnover in management which prevents others from being able to occupy those roles. This is the only reason I left. Great company culture with good work/life balance. I would consider going back in the future if the right position is available.
Pros
Cons
Need people to leave in order to be promoted.
Positive Workplace
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2015
The company, as a whole, is great to work for. Management is team is willing to assist to assist you all the staff that report in to them. Teamwork oriented firm.
Pros
Insurance Premiums are covered 100% by the firm
Internship at a bonds an stock selling fortune 500 company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 23, 2015
This experience was a afforded me through my high school which had a intern program that found its students work in the greater Los Angeles area and sometimes a little further out like Pasadena and Santa Monica. My Management was HR and most other people in the office, they were all very fair and some more caring than others considering my age which was 14 - 18 while working here. I learned organization , time management and professionalism from my experiences. I most often filed and organized boxes, shipped mail throughout the building and loaded printers with paper and ink. My co-workers are considered to be the people that didn't know I was an interning student. these people were some of the kindest most interesting people I have ever met, eager to listen and hear me out and to teach me from their level of life and wisdom. The hardest part was being mature in the beginning as I got older I learned more and more how to handle myself I a work place. I have carried that experience with me and it has helped make me the man I am today. The most enjoyable part of the job was the reward of the experience the connections made and the free lunches.
Productive and Technical Workplace.
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pasadena CAApril 4, 2015
Very focused team with lot of development. Enjoyable part of Job is that you get chance to learn various tools and technologies.
Pros
Exposure to various tools and technologies.
Cons
Short Breaks.
Nice Furnitures
Portfolio Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 13, 2015
Office has very nice furnitures and art work
Location is close to old town Pasadena
Easy Access to many restaurants
Office cafeteria is awesome
Work/Life balance is acceptable

Compensation is poor for the majority
Promotion is non-existent and certainly not based on contribution/skill/talent
Horrible management - Untruthful to employees
Pros
Nice Furniture
Fantastic Company
LDI Team - Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 10, 2015
Western Asset Management is one of the best companies to work in the financial markets. Their culture, management and co-workers all are there to help one another and do so with pleasure. A good company does well when each individual and team works together. It is hard to find a better company then WAMco.
Pros
Cheap Food; Tickets to LA Clippers for free (First come, first serve)
Financial Analyst
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 5, 2014
Good pay and benefits. Limited opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Operations Analyst (Strategies and Controls) (Former Employee) –  PasadenaFebruary 27, 2014
Great culture, great benefits, great people to work with. Very entrepreneurial environment and flat hierarchy
Pros
Great benefts, and management let you succeed on your own
Cons
Salary good be better
Finance is tough
Domestic Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 29, 2013
Lots of hard work but also lots of learning opportunities. If I had the temperament for financial work, this would have been the best job.
If you like finance, apply
Senior Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 29, 2013
If I loved finance, this would have been the prefect job. Great benefits, competitive pay. Financial crush of 2008-2011 killed my financial spirit, though.
Great work environment as well as a great team members
Senior Analyst, Futures & Options (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 13, 2012
No room for growth but a great company to learn and move elsewhere. People are really easy to work with and the most enjoyable part working for this company.
Pros
cafeteria, nice work environment
Cons
time in/time out system, micro-managed
Relaxed environment to work in
Cash Management Associate - Repo Desk (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 6, 2012
WAM was a good place to work. Relaxed environment for the most part. Top management is far from average workers though.
Productive and fun loving work place
ColdFusion/Oracle Developer (Current Employee) –  Pasedena,CASeptember 25, 2012
Technology: ColdFusion 9, Oracle 11g, Crystal Reports, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Eclipse, SVN, Mercury-QC, Windows XP
Good place for a few years before you realize it's not going anywhere
Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 20, 2012
WAMCO still manages to impress recruiters, but the company has some serious problems when it comes to its management team and the lack of career advancement for most employees. I was fortunate to have a great group of coworkers that made my time there tolerable and even fun at times.
Pros
bonuses and benefits
Cons
lack of career advancement, short-term management thinking, hiring on the cheap