Western Connecticut Health Network Employee Reviews

Very fun place to work with room for advancement
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 4, 2018
A very fast paced place to work . Where every second it seems like a new adventure. There's so much to see and learn and your co workers are so helpful. Great job security with plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Getting paid bi weekly
High volume and intensity and great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 5, 2018
Norwalk Hospital is a standard in the community it serves within its primary, secondary and tertiary catchment area. The employees take great pride in being part of the great work that is happening there!
stability
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 3, 2018
this employer provides employees with stability. great benefits and advancement opportunities. I would recommend anyone to work for western Connecticut health network.
Horrible Place
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 29, 2018
horrible place to work, no team work mgmt is horrible no leadership skills and lack of education. Horrible experience working here. Would not recommend to any one
Fast paced growing organization
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Milford and Danbury, CTMay 16, 2018
There was really no typical day at this position. It was a very fast paced, quick thinking and highly motivating experience. The culture was open and friendly.

The hardest part of the position was being sure to do my best to make all those I communicated with feel that we had full interest in any concerns or questions they had.

I very much enjoyed coordinating and working on major events that involved hundreds of participants.
Pros
Very independent working conditions
Cons
Very high energy required most of the time
Learned quite a bit while working here.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 15, 2018
My duties were varied. Pretty much did everything in the department above and beyond what my duties required due to the fact that we were short staffed. We had a high turn over as far as administrative staff due to the nature of the work and I don't think some people could handle working in an oncology environment.
Pros
My manager was wonderful. I had a great boss who I learned a lot from
Cons
I had no ability to grow and the atmosphere changed once my manager left.
Place is ok, pay is too low
Patient Access Liaison (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 14, 2018
My issue with Norwalk hospital is the pay is too low for all the deductions they pull. Yes some benefits are great but if you’re going to withdraw 500$ for medical, dental, vision, 401k, union dues etc you should compensate employees accordingly, medical sucks too. My direct supervisor is terrible. I feel like if I worked in a diff department making more money Norwalk would be ok, but my dept is cutthroat, no real camaraderie. I’ve been here a few months and honestly can’t wait to leave.
Pros
Life insurance, cafeteria discount, 401k, short term disability
Cons
Short break, poor management, high deductible medical, low pay
Norwalk Hospital which is part of Western Connecticut Health Network is not an employee friendly company.
Inpatient Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 2, 2018
I would not recommend working for this company. They are not employee friendly and management is fear based. The employee morale is not good. Its a toxic environment.
Changing atmosphere, short of money, layoffs
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 31, 2018
Fast pased, with often changing protocals, management changes often, competitive work culture, hardest part of job was deealing with management, the best part of job was dealing with patients.
poor management
Reimbursement Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 22, 2018
The work in itself is not bad. It can be repetitive. The company lacks of a good training program for new employees. Not very happy with the management style and the handling of situations. Advancement based on favoritism, not merit.
Great team of therapist
Intern (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 19, 2018
I learned a lot working here. Slow some days, fast paced other days. Supportive staff, beautiful facilities, plenty of space to provide treatment. Everyone working here seemed very competent in what they were doing and were friendly.
Great Work Environment with Knowledgeable Co Workers
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTMarch 10, 2018
Family atmosphere, knowledgeable colleagues, and a real team workplace. I found no major roadblocks when asked to do my job, however with any organization there are workflow flaws that prevent you from completing tasks in a timely manor. This would be my only complaint about WCHN.
Wchn
Medical Assistant/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 23, 2018
The work environment in this network is decent. You learn a lot and learn to deal with a fast paced environment.The hardest part of the job is making sure the patient is satisfied with the care they are provided. The best part of the job is being able to help a patient get better.
productive work place
Medical Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 16, 2018
I love working for my company it is fast paced as I like everyone is team players there are very professional and take good care of their staff. I would recommend this job to anyone
Pros
always room for growing
Cons
expensive lunch prices
Buen Ambiente de trabajo
Housekeeping Attendant Aide (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 11, 2018
Mantenerse siempre al tanto de los Beneficios de el trabajo
Pros
El seguro médico a tenido muchos cambios
Cons
Se a reducido el tiempo de la comida
Enjoyed the people I worked with that were dedicated to patients.
Certified Nurses Aide, CPR (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 11, 2018
Norwalk provided a good work environment, and provided respect for employees. The health care field is an ever changing environment and they meet it to a certain degree. I would have liked a little more flexibility in work hours. My day was very busy from beginning to end. Would have liked to have seen more up to date data information for patients. My most enjoyable part of the job was success in helping facilitate referrals for patients for further care. The comradery was the part which made the days go quickly.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Parking
My first job as a Surgical Technologist, fresh out of school. The learning experience was incredible. I truly learned something new every day.
CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 6, 2018
Awesome job, all around. From start to finish, my days were fast-paced, full of learning and, devoted to patient care. I learned all aspects of surgery at Norwalk Hospital, worked with great surgeons, nurses and, everyone in between.

This position took me from the basics to the intricate in the years I was there. I have never learned so much on a daily basis...
Pros
Great place to work; wonderful coworkers
Cons
Layoff
very collaborative enviornment--very team oriented
Norwalk, CT Director of Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 5, 2018
great governance model; everyone team oriented. Very friendly, professional staff. Great advocate for education and professional development. Excellent customer service. Surgeons always willing to teach staff--surgeons collaborative and professional.
Horrible culture and lack of respect for workers
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 2, 2018
One of the worst places I've ever worked at, gross abuses of power and disregard for workers and their needs. When I complained about not having time for a bathroom break I was told by the lab manager to wear diapers! Constantly overworked and underappreciated, poor compensation and demeaning management attitude towards lab staff.
Fast paced and collaborative
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 20, 2017
I would say that there are a lot of opportunities at that institution. Similar to any healthcare organizations, the environment is fast-paced especially in the ER. If anyone would like to work there, be ready for a large amount of patients and trauma.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Connecticut Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight