Western Connecticut Health Network Employee Reviews

Pitiful
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 22, 2018
This organization is pitiful on every level. The organization seems to be more concerned about how things look on the surface. As long as the buildings are beautiful and the staff all look like Stepford wives in their uniforms they are content. They demand a lot and give very little in return. The patients are treated like numbers and the staff is treated like slaves. WCHN forgets if your employees are happy your patients will be happy as well. Poor pay, poor insurance, and poor management. I would not recommend this organization to work at nor be a patient.
Cons
The entire organization
Rewarding and challenging job.
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 13, 2018
Loved being part of a team with an ongoing assessment of skills and certifications. Patient care was always a priority and the safety of the patients was paramount. Working with the mentally ill ,compassion and being non judgmental was a priority due to their fragile state while under our care. WE were in a position to make them feel their self worth and potential due to the bridges they burned in their personal life which made them feel worthless. Kind words and positive reinforcement goes a long way.
Cons
Weekends
Stressful position with incompetent management
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 10, 2018
They advertise paid holidays but if you don't have PTO accrued for the holidays, you don't get paid. The 'new' manager loves to instigate drama. If you enjoy middle school cattiness, apply within. Compensation is laughable, and the insurance is pitiful. The building probably has mold - everyone gets sick and it's filthy, bugs everywhere (dead and alive). Management also doesn't know how to do the job but micromanages everyone like nothing I've ever witnessed.
Pros
Coworkers
Communication building
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 14, 2018
Gained more communication skills due to me picking up different patients every day and some times the same and building relationships with them during their stay at the hospital and help make them feel as comfortable as possible. Work place was busy and were under staffed.
Excellent Hospital.
Resient (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 30, 2018
I am a resident at Danbury Hospital. The work environment is excellent and the learning opportunities are good. I believe I was well prepared for work as a hospitalist.
great place to work
INTERNAL MEDICINE RESIDENT PHYSICIAN (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 12, 2018
Busy place but most try to do a good job to provide the best possible patient care. The staff is generally nice. Cafeteria food is ok, but can be improved.
Very fun place to work with room for advancement
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 4, 2018
A very fast paced place to work . Where every second it seems like a new adventure. There's so much to see and learn and your co workers are so helpful. Great job security with plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Getting paid bi weekly
decline
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  New Milford, CTJune 28, 2018
It's been so long since I've worked there. Many changes have occurred such as mergers with larger hospital networks. I cannot place an accurate review.
Always well staffed and have a great management team.
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed working in the hospital and would do it again, its a different environment. Danbury hospital is a very clean place to work and the people are very nice.
Nursing Office made this job unnecessarily stressful
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 10, 2018
I was excited to work at Norwalk Hospital. The learning experience was good and I learned much as I was floated to many different departments to work weekly. This was also a difficult thing as I was not able to really build relationships with my co workers and barely had any stability while working there. For the most part, the nurses there were great, except for a few snobs and rude ones, but that is to be expected in Healthcare apparently. I would consider going back to work there, but not as a float tech. I would much rather work on an assigned floor to be more of a team member for a department. Reason being? The nursing staff office had a supervisor who worked there and was the rudest human being I have ever met. Condescending and flippant with many people and was not liked at all. Hopefully they got rid of that individual and has someone much more people friendly!
Pros
Great experience working in a hospital setting
Cons
Poor Supervisory staff
Advancement
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 6, 2018
Salary is excellent, flexibility in scheduling is excellent. However, Danbury Hospital does not often hire to train. They would prefer to hire experienced staff from outside the organization rather than train current employees for specialty areas, leaving little opportunity for advancement
High volume and intensity and great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 5, 2018
Norwalk Hospital is a standard in the community it serves within its primary, secondary and tertiary catchment area. The employees take great pride in being part of the great work that is happening there!
stability
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 3, 2018
this employer provides employees with stability. great benefits and advancement opportunities. I would recommend anyone to work for western Connecticut health network.
Horrible Place
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 29, 2018
horrible place to work, no team work mgmt is horrible no leadership skills and lack of education. Horrible experience working here. Would not recommend to any one
Very difficult for advancement
Registered Respiratory Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 29, 2018
Difficult for advancement. Constantly feel like you have to struggle to get ahead. Need marathon sessions a carafe gets lost in the shuffle. Becoming a corporation.
No care about employees
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 23, 2018
HHRR lie about opportunities to grow. Lie me about tuition reimbursement and the opportunity of new position after my graduation. After quit, they took my last 2 weeks of my check back, withdraw the money of my bank without my atomization or knowledge. Eventually they give back. They created problem in my finance at the time I was starting a new job
Pros
close home
Cons
no keeping promises
exc
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 21, 2018
excellent environment to perform respiratory therapy with the support of medical staff and colleagues. Modern equipment and updated educational protocols.
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
travel
Fast paced growing organization
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Milford and Danbury, CTMay 16, 2018
There was really no typical day at this position. It was a very fast paced, quick thinking and highly motivating experience. The culture was open and friendly.

The hardest part of the position was being sure to do my best to make all those I communicated with feel that we had full interest in any concerns or questions they had.

I very much enjoyed coordinating and working on major events that involved hundreds of participants.
Pros
Very independent working conditions
Cons
Very high energy required most of the time
Learned quite a bit while working here.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 15, 2018
My duties were varied. Pretty much did everything in the department above and beyond what my duties required due to the fact that we were short staffed. We had a high turn over as far as administrative staff due to the nature of the work and I don't think some people could handle working in an oncology environment.
Pros
My manager was wonderful. I had a great boss who I learned a lot from
Cons
I had no ability to grow and the atmosphere changed once my manager left.
Place is ok, pay is too low
Patient Access Liaison (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 14, 2018
My issue with Norwalk hospital is the pay is too low for all the deductions they pull. Yes some benefits are great but if you’re going to withdraw 500$ for medical, dental, vision, 401k, union dues etc you should compensate employees accordingly, medical sucks too. My direct supervisor is terrible. I feel like if I worked in a diff department making more money Norwalk would be ok, but my dept is cutthroat, no real camaraderie. I’ve been here a few months and honestly can’t wait to leave.
Pros
Life insurance, cafeteria discount, 401k, short term disability
Cons
Short break, poor management, high deductible medical, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Connecticut Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

1.8Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Western Connecticut Health Network Reviews by Location