Western Dental & Orthodontics Employee Reviews

Poor recruiter training & poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 16, 2018
I was placed on the wrong department when I initially applied for a certain position ,it was lack of miscommunication from their part, So the director advised me to resign to be moved to where I wanted to be placed since I filled my application ,so I had to resign to reapply I was promised a spot to where I had to re apply and just to be told I wouldn’t be hired. It wasn’t my fault I was placed at a position I didn’t want to be placed at. So this job isn’t reliable they DONT accommodate your needs if they do they will first give you a lesson and be rude
Pros
Easy job if familiar with call center, but pay is bad for ALOT of work
Cons
Lack of communication, no proper training class, no set schedules
Rdh
RDH (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 24, 2018
Upper management is terrible
Office managers were great
Too many deep cleaning per day
Too many patients booked at same time
Not a great place to work
Back staff needs to refresh their infection control problems
Want you to push treatment to meet production goals
Pros
Cons
Infection control
i learned a lot and had fun working there
Insurance Clerk/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 21, 2018
I started my employment as the receptionist and within a year I was promoted to be the insurance clerk. I would also travel up north to help other offices with their behind billing. Our staff was very fun to work. Everyone got along well and we all helped each other because it was a very busy office. The hardest thing about that job was the last manager she wasn't willing to no longer accommodate my working schedule for me to continue my college education. I had a good experience working at western dental.
Pros
staff, learning experience
Cons
some management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAOctober 9, 2018
Almost every day was a very busy day. But it is a great place to gain skills and a lot to learn. You meet a lot of great people who can guide you to success.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Too many patients most of the time and a small break room
Bad place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 8, 2018
Too many Drama. If you're not close to people at the front desk or manager, or supervisor, you are an enemy. They don't care about you or your needs. They only care about themselves. PERIOD!!!
Pros
Good experience for Grad Assistant for Low price
Cons
Bad people, managers, Doctors and staffs. TOXIE
Assembly line style of dental work.
Bilingual Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 4, 2018
The patient volume was unacceptable, 3 hour wait time at times and with that high of volume, it is impossible to provide quality patient care which is something i personally strive for.
Overall, don't recommend
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 3, 2018
My department was poorly managed. A lot of favoritism on the part of the manager. Rude co-workers, lack of training, poor department planning and use of resources. Uncomfortable work environment. Couldn't pay me enough to work there again.
Pros
Income
Cons
Everything else
To business
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2018
Setting up trays for the Dentist and To take x-rays set up trays for the dentist and chair side set with dentist handing the instruments to the dentist respecting the workplace culture and the hardest part of the job is it is so much to do and most enjoyable part of the job is there smiles and the dentist is happy.
Pros
yes free food the dentist give and the dentist is happy with the work we did as a team.
Cons
When we have to shorten our breaks when its very busy.
Productive and working as a team in our Department.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 12, 2018
Working in this Company is great sometimes it's very stressful but we can still fulfill our daily job with the smile in our face. The workplace is good.
Pros
Clean break room
Cons
Healthcare
dont care about nothing but money
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 6, 2018
it isnt a family place things were always happeneding that shouldnt happen and the management had 0 management skills . They did not care about the patients
Over all Western Dental is a great company
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2018
I worked Monday to Friday from 8am to 4pm. it was flexible schedule,
I enjoyed working there because all the employees were friendly,and is fast paced job.
Pros
I like how they give us breaks on time.
Cons
Is high fast paced job and cant say nothing bad.
Learned to manage and multi task
Senior Team Lead - Billing Dental Auditor (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 30, 2018
Nice place to work, good environment. Pay was okay, opportunity for growth in some departments is good. Management in some departments is good. Paid vacation and holidays is very good.
Good place to learn and advance
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 28, 2018
Worked here for 3+ years; have learned a lot from co-workers and others. Many opportunities for advancement. Good environment and friendly people. Company is growing - keep adding new offices.
Poor management, couldn’t advance as you would like because the manager wouldn’t want you too
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 28, 2018
Was hired as a PCC patient Care Coordinator but was treated as a Receptionist. Manager wouldn’t allow me to learn anything that had to do with the position I was hired for.
Pros
Co workers were friendly, Hours were amazing
Cons
Manager didn’t allow new hires to advance in the company.
clocked in, starting comprehensive diagnosis, all treatment completed that provider has allowd to be treated
Associate Dentist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 22, 2018
comprehensive diagnosis
comprehensive treatment plan presentation and explanation to patient
starting restorative or surgical treatment required and approved by provider.
documentation of treatment done and diagnosis done.
Pros
leaving early to hoe if finished earlier for the day.
Cons
short breaks
Payroll was just a job until you can find a better one
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 21, 2018
It was a job required many hours and hard work, with no rewards. Very controlled not allowed to talk to talk to other employees just work. HR allowed other employees to make fun of you were older or not Spanish
Pros
Had Christmas luncheon
Cons
docked if one minute returing from break.
Stable job. low paying salary, good benefits
OA (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 20, 2018
I am secure in my benefits in Western Dental. Mostly Dentist and Orthodontist like me. I could work both ways General dentistry or Orthodontic Dentistry. My team is ok. We work well to make the workplace a better place.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Pay rate is low
Unorganized
Treatment Coordinator/Biller/Asst. Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 14, 2018
They hire a lot of employees with no experience for low wages. I feel their interview process should be more thorough and carefully thought out in order to determine who is the right hire for those available positions.
Pros
They hire without experience
Cons
low wages
It's a family dental service
Regional Orthodontic Insurance Billing (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 8, 2018
I'm truly love to see all of the patients come in everyday to get their dental care from a caring office and experienced professionals in a friendly environment.
Dental Hygiene department is run by peope who are not licensed RDH's
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 8, 2018
Hygienists are harassed and turned into super assistants. Managing Doctors and Associate Doctors do all the cleanings with production attached to the treatment. They are trying to ruin the hygiene market by lowering hourly rates for new hires as well as a horrible 20% production bonus on everything over 1,750. When the national average for hygienist is 1,100 a day.
Pros
a bi weekly pay check
Cons
no respect, no loyalty, no honor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Dental & Orthodontics. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Western Dental & Orthodontics.

Powered by Comparably