Western Dental & Orthodontics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stress
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 12, 2018
Although I learned a lot while working at Western Dental i would not recommend this business to anyone. The company is more for their benefit as to the employee's benefit, will work you hard and never acknowledge your hard work. Offices focus more on hiring within.
Good for newly graduate
Registered dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJuly 11, 2018
This company is good for new graduate or newly certified personnel. They will make you work like that is the only job you can get and the pay is way low.
Pros
Cons
Work hard less pay
Great place to learn
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJuly 11, 2018
Very busy with a lot of cultural differences and language barriers. Similar to a clinic setting with lot of low income patients. This was the perfect place o perfect and hone my skills. The exposure to the lab work was awesome.
Pros
Hands on training.
Cons
Late hours.
Get to meet nice Peoples
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJuly 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Western Dental. I met nice friendly Patients. They be in pain some of them and I would make sure we help them out to reduce less pain.. Understanding the needs of everyone was a plus for me.
Pros
Easy pace
Cons
No Health care
Job Review
New Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 3, 2018
Answer calls, assist in scheduling and rescheduling appointments at nearest location, promote orthro appointments, outbound reminder calls and missed appointment reschedules
fun times
Sterilization Technician/da (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 29, 2018
this is my roots where I started .western was good to me they where my school they helped me learn and move up I am forever great full for the opportunity I was given by WD
Pros
Good teaching
Typical work day
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 26, 2018
I managed the orthodontics department. I generated sales averaging over $1,050 per contract by explaining the importance of dental treatment. I was responsible for overall patient satisfaction by dealing with complaints and handling them before the patient felt the need to take the complaint to the manager. I guided patients through the office by taking calls, managing appointments, and dealing with insurance companies. I was responsible for various projects dealing with collections, sales, organization and office production. I functioned as an assistant to the manager by working to increase patient flow, improve wait times, and increase overall production.
productive and fun yet at times stressful workplace
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 18, 2018
fast paced days, management was excellent, workplace environment was great, hardest part of job is trying to get patients scheduled for their exams, most enjoyable part of my job was the benefits of seeing patients smile with new teeth.
Pros
discounts
Cons
making phone calls for the day to meet our goal
Management is horrible
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAJune 15, 2018
Worse place to work at. All they care about there numbers and sales. The management is horrible. Its like mean girls you either fit in or they make your work environment very difficult for you until you quite or get fired.They are not flexible or care about there staff. There top priority is to take in patients with better insurances like PPO's and push aside and cancel or reschedule the patients that have Medical insurance because Medical doest pay so they dont benefit there sales and wont meet their goal for the month.
Pros
You get your full hours
Cons
They need better management
busy and loud
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJune 15, 2018
the office was always very busy because we always had a very booked schedule. the staff was very much enjoyable. no matter how busy it was we always got through the day.

Want to know more about Western Dental & Orthodontics?

Ask a question
Training was awful for t his job, rules always changing
Call Center Customer Service (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 14, 2018
The actual contract was with Working Solutions who in turn had a contract with Western Dental. We were trained to take dental appointments. Due to this being a new contract, the rules were always changing. What you were expected to do changed weekly with no training on how to do this new work. Ultimately Working Solutions lost their contract with Western Dental, hence I lost my contract
Poor Management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 12, 2018
The company sucks all around. Management is very unprofessional and do not treat people fairly. Dentists suck and customers used to complain about them all the time.
Overall fun
RDA/Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJune 7, 2018
Orthodontist was professional and ortho staff was great. However management was very unprofessional. I loved working for the otho department I gained experience and we had a great team.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJune 7, 2018
Loved the company and the opportunity to grow and cross train.
Not very equal treatment and poor management at the time employed.
Did get the experience but couldn't perform with poor production and no communication with management to delegate work equal and perform at best need.
Not a professional place to work at
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 29, 2018
Was never trained appropriately, a lot of favoritism, employees were never professional. Managers never last in that office and they always change everything around
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Unprofessional
When Will Any of Us Learn?
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 26, 2018
When will any of us learn that these corporately-controlled profit-churning machines only operate because of the people who are willing to exploit themselves to work there and also be seen there as patients. In these environments, the patients and the workers are exploited in the name of profit---suits walk away with money just like suits did in the mortgage industry.

When will patients learn to understand that most dental insurance is insufficient and insufficient insurance means that insufficient practices like this will get away with doing insufficient dentistry at often still ridiculous prices. As in medical scenarios, you really need to be on your game as a consumer (and employee). Its not easy find a good professional at a reasonable price, but again its people desperately lured in and people willing to provide services in a low-quality, low-pay atmosphere that serves to propel this shameful industry.

As someone who is evaluating a potential association with Western Dental: IF you have other opportunities, please pursue them first and then again. IF Western Dental is your only option, then you better be looking day and night when you aren't working at Western Dental, to find another place to work. A place that treats employees, patients and associates the way they deserve to be.

The management is only concerned about profit. This is the only thing they will ever be concerned with---besides a lawsuit or revealing reviews that spread the truth.
Do not work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Cerrito, CAMay 23, 2018
When you first come its great because you have a job. The thing you dont see is that because people with Medical are seen patients wait time is alot more longer and is messed up because they are overcharged. Not only in that aspect is bad, but even the employees are full of drama and talk about eachother. No meetings, you can hardly get a day off, and raises are based on performance. Just horrible management.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Poor management
poor management
Patient Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 22, 2018
Did not feel appreciated, management was not to my expectations. Work under stressful circumstances. The hardest part of the job was having to work under stress just to please management.
productive and developing workplace
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 19, 2018
Western Dental is like a big family, everyone helping each other like a part of the family, because it is a general practice with specialties, I have learned a lot , since i came from different country with different system in dental industry, so i adapted my previous education to the clinical practice here, One of the most important things I gained from working here in the states besides advanced clinical techniques and formalities is the practice philosophy as a practitioner. It’s not all mechanics and business; it’s the patient centered-treatment modality and bed side manner that you provide to your patient that sets you apart
Not a job for keeps! Stay away!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMay 3, 2018
Very stressful place to work. Turn around of employees is too fast with the present management because of very rude and arrogant behavior. Workplace culture is very unpleasant, too many gossips and lies and unfair treatment/judgement of management.