Western Dental & Orthodontics Employee Reviews

Productive and working as a team in our Department.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 12, 2018
Working in this Company is great sometimes it's very stressful but we can still fulfill our daily job with the smile in our face. The workplace is good.
Pros
Clean break room
Cons
Healthcare
dont care about nothing but money
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 6, 2018
it isnt a family place things were always happeneding that shouldnt happen and the management had 0 management skills . They did not care about the patients
Over all Western Dental is a great company
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2018
I worked Monday to Friday from 8am to 4pm. it was flexible schedule,
I enjoyed working there because all the employees were friendly,and is fast paced job.
Pros
I like how they give us breaks on time.
Cons
Is high fast paced job and cant say nothing bad.
Good place to learn and advance
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 28, 2018
Worked here for 3+ years; have learned a lot from co-workers and others. Many opportunities for advancement. Good environment and friendly people. Company is growing - keep adding new offices.
Poor management, couldn’t advance as you would like because the manager wouldn’t want you too
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 28, 2018
Was hired as a PCC patient Care Coordinator but was treated as a Receptionist. Manager wouldn’t allow me to learn anything that had to do with the position I was hired for.
Pros
Co workers were friendly, Hours were amazing
Cons
Manager didn’t allow new hires to advance in the company.
clocked in, starting comprehensive diagnosis, all treatment completed that provider has allowd to be treated
Associate Dentist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 22, 2018
comprehensive diagnosis
comprehensive treatment plan presentation and explanation to patient
starting restorative or surgical treatment required and approved by provider.
documentation of treatment done and diagnosis done.
Pros
leaving early to hoe if finished earlier for the day.
Cons
short breaks
Payroll was just a job until you can find a better one
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 21, 2018
It was a job required many hours and hard work, with no rewards. Very controlled not allowed to talk to talk to other employees just work. HR allowed other employees to make fun of you were older or not Spanish
Pros
Had Christmas luncheon
Cons
docked if one minute returing from break.
Unorganized
Treatment Coordinator/Biller/Asst. Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 14, 2018
They hire a lot of employees with no experience for low wages. I feel their interview process should be more thorough and carefully thought out in order to determine who is the right hire for those available positions.
Pros
They hire without experience
Cons
low wages
It's a family dental service
Regional Orthodontic Insurance Billing (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 8, 2018
I'm truly love to see all of the patients come in everyday to get their dental care from a caring office and experienced professionals in a friendly environment.
Dental Hygiene department is run by peope who are not licensed RDH's
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 8, 2018
Hygienists are harassed and turned into super assistants. Managing Doctors and Associate Doctors do all the cleanings with production attached to the treatment. They are trying to ruin the hygiene market by lowering hourly rates for new hires as well as a horrible 20% production bonus on everything over 1,750. When the national average for hygienist is 1,100 a day.
Pros
a bi weekly pay check
Cons
no respect, no loyalty, no honor

Want to know more about Western Dental & Orthodontics?

Ask a question
It’s true
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Cerrito, CAAugust 6, 2018
We all have heard horror stories about Western Dental and yes it’s true. Dirty and unorganized team. The DA’s don’t really do anything but hold the suction. I’m an RDA and when my coworker told me to do it because I was an RDA .......HELLO!!!!! That’s like one of the first things you learn.
Pros
Cons
Westerndental
Horrible managment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 5, 2018
The management just want to make money off of the patients and their employees. The perqs are horrible. Not enough vacation time and health benefits are horrible. For a dental company the employees pay regular price for even dental work.
Extern
Extern Student (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at this company. Everyone was friendly. The assistants and Dentists were amazing! I will only go to this office for dental work now.
Worst Place to work
High Volume Corporate Recruiter (contract) (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 31, 2018
The demands are ludicrous. The goals are outrageous. in the 4 months, I was contracted 4 recruiters quit. Worse place to work for stress. Very unhealthy work environment. People work beyond hours and still, the work never stops. 60 reqs+ per recruiter.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many to count
It’s a good experience to learn
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 30, 2018
Love to work friendly people almost like family. Good experience. I learn how to assist oral surgeons and implants and root canals feelings and crown preps .
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Low pay
Dont waste your time in this place!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Cerrito, CAJuly 26, 2018
This place is terrible and you won’t grow. People are jealous all the time if they see that you are good or if doctors prefer to work with you. They talk about you and later act like there are your friends. It’s full of DRAMA!
The management is poor and does not treat people right. Literally the only people that get listen to are the ones that are “close” with the manager and that translates to butt kissers. They can’t see you be successful because they will make sure they throw as much dirt as they can to not make that happen.
HR is no help too...
I asked for a well deserved raised and they gave it to other people except me and told me they weren’t giving raises because the production was low.
Need to hire more staff
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 21, 2018
Loved my job but they lack the help and compensation that the staff deserve. The staff is overworked because they cant hire people. The doctor are frustrated because they dont have enough assistants.
Stress
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 12, 2018
Although I learned a lot while working at Western Dental i would not recommend this business to anyone. The company is more for their benefit as to the employee's benefit, will work you hard and never acknowledge your hard work. Offices focus more on hiring within.
Good for newly graduate
Registered dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJuly 11, 2018
This company is good for new graduate or newly certified personnel. They will make you work like that is the only job you can get and the pay is way low.
Pros
Cons
Work hard less pay
Great place to learn
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJuly 11, 2018
Very busy with a lot of cultural differences and language barriers. Similar to a clinic setting with lot of low income patients. This was the perfect place o perfect and hone my skills. The exposure to the lab work was awesome.
Pros
Hands on training.
Cons
Late hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Dental & Orthodontics. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about