Western Dental & Orthodontics Employee Reviews

office manager
Orthodontist Manager (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 7, 2019
I work as a manager at the orthodontic office I open contract book appointments, bill insurance, training new employees transport doctor from the airport
Western Dental
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Work culture was not as I thought it would be, I enjoyed being a dental assistant, Western Dental was not the right environment for my work ethic and high standards I carry for my employment.
Productive office, fun family friend workplace environment.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Western Dental is amazing when it comes to training there employees whether its front staff or back staff, you will receive the best knowledge. The company goes by the book and its amazing. They should definitely appreciate their employees that have been there for more than 1 year and provide them the raise they deserve without having to lose them, in order to then offer them a raise to stay. You would think with being such a big corporate company they would be taking care of there employees but they are very tight when it comes to a raise.
Cons
pto, paid holidays, dental, vision insurance
Could be better
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJanuary 21, 2019
There is a lot of unrelated work we have to do because of poor management at the office. The manager does not direct employees and they are on their own.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Bad management
Too fast paced
Orthodontic Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Does not allow to focus on customer service and wait times are hours long. More does not mean better if you are compromising the client experience.

Long hours, cutthroat with a push for many times.
Pros
Great as a learning experience
Cons
Pay is low for work load
The Mission and Vision of the Company must be reflected in their employees.
RDA-Orthodontic Assistant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 16, 2019
Western Dental is a Company driven with love and passion for dentistry aim at giving better if not excellent dental service to patients .
Co workers are very helpful and my Supervisor is always available and easy to reach out.
Although there are minimal differences to clinical procedures e.g, deband of phase 1... some requires final study model and some do not...
Personally, phase 1 deband , patient is still on development stage and lots of changes will still take place so i agree on not having a final study model :)
N/a
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Working for the company, it can be very fast paced depending on the flow of patients in where the office is located. It's difficult to know the role of Dental Hygienist in each office, some expected me to do everything on my own and others expected me to do everything you can to help the office. When working in various offices, I tend to get confused how each office works. I just hoped that Western Dental have one protocol that all the offices can follow and not too many ways to do things.
productive and great place
Externship (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJanuary 7, 2019
Western Dental is a great place to be at and they also teach you what you need to learn. I loved the environment and helping out every patient that came in to the office.
Run don't walk
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 5, 2019
They will own you. Split days off that change every week so you will never be able to make any plans. They will pay you peanuts and offer insurance that isn't available in your area.
Company gives good health insurance job is very demanding.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highland, CADecember 26, 2018
I've gotten my work experience with the company here but the growth opportunities aren't the best and I don't get paid for all the hard work I do for the company. The turnaround for employees is always quite fast because the company does not offer competitive pay for what is required to do
Pros
Great health benefits and vision benefits
Cons
Salary, management skills, growth opportunities, employee appreciation
productive and fast pace
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CADecember 26, 2018
I got to learn a lot working there. The staff was nice and the patients were great. The Dentist were very caring of their patients. The front office lacked keeping it clean by allowing food and drinks in. Management was ok when they were present.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Great experience work place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 24, 2018
Western Dental Services was a great place to work for. Great Doctors to assist. Great patient care from staff and Doctors. I learned a lot from there as an assistant.
Fast paced with never a dull moment but below average wages
Receptionist/Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CADecember 18, 2018
I loved how busy I was all the time, and working my way up in the front office was facilitated with training in the office. Sick and vacation pay was very fair and if you're in management the bonuses can be quite nice. But the average wage is below what you'd make elsewhere in the same position, and raises are minimal and hardly noticeable. There is way too many patients scheduled so providers are worked tirelessly and I feel like it affected their chair side manner with patients.
Pros
Fast paced, long term job security, paid time off
Cons
Low wages, too many patients seen per day, lots of nevative patient experiences
Poor management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 14, 2018
Very stressful for extremely low pay. My Manager was very unfair and had favoritism through employees. Hostile environment. No training and patients from other employees to teach me the system.
Pros
Learned fast.
Cons
no break times
Extremely faced paced environment
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CADecember 13, 2018
Western Dental is a great company to learn multitasking and great customer service skills. Also great in obtaining knowledge in office clerk skills and exceptional computer skills
do not work here.
Customer Service/Appointment Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 13, 2018
very poor management, upper management plays favorites, the schedules are all over the place, the pay is not good, you will always be told what you are doing wrong but never what you are doing right.
It was a very nice workplace with greatteam players
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Western dental & Orthodontics. From the Doctor to the stuff, they were all nice and fun to work with. They are all such a great team player.
Pros
Sometimes we had free lunches
Cons
We had an hour brake
Poor recruiter training & poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 16, 2018
I was placed on the wrong department when I initially applied for a certain position ,it was lack of miscommunication from their part, So the director advised me to resign to be moved to where I wanted to be placed since I filled my application ,so I had to resign to reapply I was promised a spot to where I had to re apply and just to be told I wouldn’t be hired. It wasn’t my fault I was placed at a position I didn’t want to be placed at. So this job isn’t reliable they DONT accommodate your needs if they do they will first give you a lesson and be rude
Pros
Easy job if familiar with call center, but pay is bad for ALOT of work
Cons
Lack of communication, no proper training class, no set schedules
Rdh
RDH (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 24, 2018
Upper management is terrible
Office managers were great
Too many deep cleaning per day
Too many patients booked at same time
Not a great place to work
Back staff needs to refresh their infection control problems
Want you to push treatment to meet production goals
Pros
Cons
Infection control
i learned a lot and had fun working there
Insurance Clerk/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 21, 2018
I started my employment as the receptionist and within a year I was promoted to be the insurance clerk. I would also travel up north to help other offices with their behind billing. Our staff was very fun to work. Everyone got along well and we all helped each other because it was a very busy office. The hardest thing about that job was the last manager she wasn't willing to no longer accommodate my working schedule for me to continue my college education. I had a good experience working at western dental.
Pros
staff, learning experience
Cons
some management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Dental & Orthodontics. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Western Dental & Orthodontics.

Powered by Comparably