Western Digital Employee Reviews

Electro-Mechanical Lead Technician V (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 16, 2018
Every workday at western digital was fun, everyday was fill with a different task and challenges to be address, management was great and comprehensive.
stay away from this company
Senior Linux System Administrator / HPC Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 5, 2018
Upper management is terrible. Constant layoffs.

Favoritism. Internal power struggles.

Work you to bone.

Poor work / life balance.

Never know where the cuts will come or where.
Pros
Free lunch every Tuesday
Cons
health care benefits, low salary
If you look for an unstable place to work, Western Digital is the best place for you
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 29, 2018
Even with 20 years experience, you have no job stability.
Go there, but keep looking for open positions in other companies. Managers have no respect for employees
Great first job
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 28, 2018
Fresh out of college and I feel right at home. The company culture has been in flux due to the recent mergers but things are settling nicely. I love my manger, I enjoy my work, and I feel that the company really cares about my satisfaction.
Pros
free lunches, bonuses, unlimited PTO, e.t.c., e.t.c.
Cons
They spoil me
Tumultuous
Staff Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTJune 18, 2018
After many corporate acquisitions, the company is splintered. Especially in Customer Technical Support, 3-5 different systems of assisting customers and closing issues are still employed.
Productive company and professionally beneficial
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 31, 2018
Working for WD provided me the opportunity to learn and grow professionally with on-site business classes that were made available to their employees during work hours as well as years of experience. I took with me so much more knowledge then I came into the company with which has helped me to become a great asset . My daily tasks included administrative support for 10 different managers and their departments. The workplace culture all around was enjoyable and although at times, high stress....the team work was exceptional. Unfortunately, I decided to end my journey with WD and accept a job offer with another company. This new opportunity would allow me more time with family and less time commuting to and from work.
Pros
Incredible Compensation along with Benefits
Cons
Commute/High Stress
Good work environment, productive
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 9, 2018
Nice place to work, a little unorganized work flow. Flexible work schedule a lot of time off since it is a compressed work schedule but the overtime is a lot if it is required
Holstile Work Environment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 30, 2018
Engineering Manager rarely gets through a meeting without losing control of his temperament and raising his voice to someone. I left a contract to hire position, not wanting to hire on to that kind of manager.
Some employees were nervous about getting their job outsourced.
Dynamic environment
Senior Manager of Business Marketing (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 9, 2018
Best part of the job was opportunity to learn and work with a dynamic team. Great leaders who drove shares from ~$30 to over $100 in a short time span. There has been a lot of changes since I left.
Excellent Company
Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 3, 2018
Management was very supportive about resolving CS issues to the benefit of the customer. That made resolving issues to some positive result possible every time.
Pros
Great people
Cons
I waqs isolated from main CS location
I like my job and enjoy it.
Cleanroom Tech (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95138March 30, 2018
A challenging career position as a technician where I contribute my skills to the company and my strong interpersonel. I like the work I do, from an ordinary worker become a trainer, not much work and I was laid off.
I work hard and enjoy my work
Pros
Free breakfast every Friday, camp and fun with team
Cons
Two hour work have 15 minutes break
Super and Exciting Very Educational Overall
coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 29, 2018
I loved being apart of Western Digital. It was my company and I love being there. Unfortunate circumstances the merger between Hitachi and the layoff caused my departure but I would I have stayed and grown with the company.
Great Place to Work
Sr. Change Lead (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 16, 2018
I have worked for many companies and I find WDC an exceptional place to work they have leaders who are open to new ideas, a lot of smart, very experienced employees who are willing to share their ideas. I personally have one of the best bosses I have ever worked for
tech savvy and sea of knowledge
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMarch 16, 2018
Coming to work on time is very important , showing the level of respect for your company and your fellow colleges. performing your job with the best intentions and quality that you can provide. learning from co-workers is an advantage. And should be two sided. As for management I think an open door policy and transparency is a key to successful and smooth relation ship between Management and employees. Family atmosphere because we all are humans and together and as team is much better for each one at the end. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communications. and being a part of the team and perform well is so enjoyable as being an effective part of the team.
Pros
learning and developing
Cons
very long hours and over night someties
Excellent place to work
Software Designer / UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 15, 2018
One of the best place I ever worked. Missing this place. I wish they open up few position So I can get back. They have excellent benefits specially their bonus plans are really great.
Fun place to work at
Senior Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 12, 2018
Good place to work at
Challenging work
Mostly good environment
Did not have some of the perks that some Bay Area companies have now
Uncertain future for hard disk drive industry
Good
Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 12, 2018
Great company to work for!! , very knowledgeable, collected and selfless. Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated. A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always
it's an open place to work at WD
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 28, 2018
It's a good place to work. In near future it mearges many buildings to one place at Burnal Rd may be they will cut the duplication. That's I am worrying about the work place.
System Engineering Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92612February 20, 2018
A typical day at work for me, would be preparing for meeting from 8am to 945am then meeting at 10am, lunch then complete tasks or to do list that discussed or assign during our morning meeting. My management are very nice and they leave us alone to do our jobs without micro management. I enjoy everything I do at work.
Pros
Free lunch one a month, free breakfast every Friday and flexible work schedule
Cons
get really busy sometime
Warehouse management, receiving and shipping process
Senior Logistics Lead (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 9, 2018
manage 3-4 people, daily routine receiving and shipping with raw material and production material and machine, etc

Manage monthly, quarterly and yearly inventory check and manage aging stocks and out source extra storage, etc.
Pros
Very friendly working culture
Cons
only contractor with WD