Western Express Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
Stay away
Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 13, 2018
Worst fleet in my experience. They don't care about drivers and their flatbed division is a joke at best. Workplace culture is "don't care about anyone but myself."
Pros
Cascadia tucks in both van and flatbed
Cons
Work place culture
Work Hard and Use Common Sense
Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 12, 2018
Western Express has treated me fairly and kept me running. There have been some issues with equipment and that definitely impacted my check, but my DM worked with me to T Call my loads so I could get some pay. It's all about communication and who your Driver Manager is. You are there to do a job and as long as you are a hard worker, it will pay off. I've enjoyed my time there.
Pros
good miles, ok training, ok benefits
Cons
lack of communication between departments, hard to get home
Worst Company Ever
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 11, 2018
Very, very bad company. Do not apply I repeat do not apply . The worst Driver managers the worst everything. low pay just a very bad experience for me
Lots of overtime
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, CAOctober 8, 2018
Expect to work a lot of hours at Western Express. Always expect changes from management. Good steady work, must be fast in repairs of equipment, able to work in all weather conditions.
Fun exciting
Driver/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 4, 2018
I loved it there I would not leave if it wasn't for my family needs to be home now have the years under my belt ready for local need to be home at night
Pros
Cook outs
Cons
Break when ever you want
Great
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for western. They had loads kept me running.. they have dedicated routes where I can go home more often. I’m really don’t want to leave this company but I want more paid
Not a company for someone who has experience
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 1, 2018
If you're straight out of truck driving school this might be a company to get your foot in the door but if you have years of experience don't shoot yourself in the foot by coming to Western Express which you'll get is a weekly paycheck no more than $500 you get the run around looking for empty trailers and you get to go at a top speed of 63 miles per hour. For those straight out of driving school do not do not do not sign their contract that they want you to sign for a year unless you can survive off of $500 a weekby
Pros
Cons
Slow trucks, management issues, the runarounds looking for empty trailers, one of the lowest pays of any company, and the list goes on and not enough time to list all the cons
Good starter to get experience
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 30, 2018
Ok but slow trucks some DM’s have favorites hard to get good miles. Always talk money but don’t pay enough to stay away from home. Play games with money u have to wait one sometimes 2weeks to get paid when they mess up but if U do something they’re quick to penalize u.
Pros
Hire anyone
Cons
Pressure to run if U don’t stay out u won’t make money
One word Horrible
Cdl class a driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 25, 2018
Western express treats you like you have been convicted they are very rude night dispatch is the worst you wait for hours to talk with an actual person if they don’t hang up on you nobody seems to know what’s going on it is a 2nd chance company and I went their as a student worst mistake the company gave me a bad taste of the driving industry
Pros
My Dm was the best part
Low pay
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 25, 2018
Worked regional i spend a lot of time waiting for the next load or waist time at poland spring kills your 14 hr which means less miles less money its an okay co for starters
Pros
Hire quick train
Cons
Low pay
Good Company for New Drivers
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 23, 2018
Western Express offers opportunities for newly licensed OTR Drivers. Hometime, dispatch, etc. are comparable to other companies. Recruiters available for assistance.
This company is unorganized
CDL Class A Driver - Lease Purchase (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 21, 2018
The management doesn't care. Driver managers don't care and do not answer their phones. You can usually be on hold for over an hour and the message will say someone will be with you in 1 min. 45 minutes later your still on hold and it will say the same thing still. Then someone will pick up the phone and hang it up. Crazy. Dispatch must think you owe them everything. At least that''s how they react to most situations.

Never work for this company unless you're single and don't have any expenses except a phone bill.

Training is not real.
Pros
Paid orientation hotel, 3 meals a day covered, Direct tv, They will hire felons with baggage in their background
Cons
Management, dispatch, they treat drivers like mud, They are always hiring, They hire those who other companies willl not hire
Great People, Lots of Room to Grow
Employee (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 20, 2018
This is a forward thinking company with visible family qualities in all departments. They care deeply about all associates and almost all of the upper management was promoted from entry level positions including drivers.
Pros
opportunity for growth
Cons
It's a good place to work for experience or bad driving records
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CaliforniaSeptember 18, 2018
OTR Driver of 11 Western States . Dry van and flatbed trailers . Electronic logs , rider policy, dogs are allowed . Trainer positions available after 90 days . Vacation after one year , one week
Pros
Pay for motel for orientation
Benefits
Great Place To Work and Grow
Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 13, 2018
Western Express is a family owned company. We are large enough to compete with the largest competitors in the market, but we still value the importance of the small company feel.

95% of Executives and VP's started at the company on the ground level and were promoted from with in. We are a training company that loves to grow our people and advance people who are willing to learn and excel in various parts of the company
Pros
Fast Paced, Causal dress for all warm weather months, Fun department outings, Fitness Culture/ Free/Discounted Cross Fit
Cons
You will be Challenged to Grow, 9-10 Hour Work Days, Some entry level positions will work Every 4th/5th Saturday
Nice Place to Work
OTR Driver/Trainer (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 13, 2018
See a lot of states, lots of traveling. I get to meet different people as a trainer and helping them along the way. Nice new truck in good shape maintenance good.
Pros
Plenty of loads
Cons
Being away from home for long periods of time
Great Place to Work
OTR Driver/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 13, 2018
Great experience as a beginner in the industry, better than expected. Now I enjoy training other drivers. Decent equipment and they keep me running, which is the bottom line.
Pros
Keep me running and decent equipment.
Cons
Being away from my family.
I love working here
Developer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 12, 2018
I love everything about Western Express. Especially my coworkers. I look forward to being here for life. I'm so proud to see what levels my company is willing to go to keep their drivers happy.
bad bad bad
Driver/Operator CDL Class A (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2018
more bad and more bad..western is by far one of the worst companies out there to work for. no miles no pay i spent more money to be on the truck then i made.it was like working for free.
Great starting point for entry level mechanics
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 11, 2018
Raises are few and far between, expect to work most holidays if on your scheduled day. overtime kept to a minimum, variety of equipment to learn and gain experience with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Express. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

1.6Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight