Western Express Employee Reviews

Good place to learn inefficiencies.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 22, 2018
Always work to be done due to the Drivers and Operations having a lack of experience. Taking twice the resources to complete a task (e.i.successfully deliver a load of goods) seemed to be the norm. There are some really great folks that care about the drivers, customers, and other employees, but too few of these individuals were in management.
Pros
You'll see it all!
Cons
You're always waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Starter company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 17, 2018
If you just got your CDL then it's ok for starters.I made more in training than I did when I went solo. Kids are dispatchers at night and never know anything. Too much to even complain about.
Pros
Get experience
Cons
They could care less about the drivers
Western Express is a Giant company
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Aztec, NMMay 15, 2018
Giant is a gas station corp. different from no other. warning, if you quit a position with Giant you will be blacklisted from all their stores nation wide.
ok place to work
Billing/Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 15, 2018
First time working with a transportation company. Learned a lot about this industry. It's not for everyone. The language was not acceptable for me and one of the reasons I quit and I am not one to quit a company.
Bottom feeder Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 14, 2018
They prey on rookie drivers being green to industry. There are worse companies but very few. Everything in adds is a lie. Your lucky if you make 30k a year. They have the miles but will place you in career ending situations without a second thought. Driver managers are the worst I didnt realize how bad this company is until I moved on. Run, run far far far away. Plus side is if you have a pulse your hired. This is the least respected company in the industry. Mini Swift. If you have the misfortune of starting here get your 6months and run as fast as you can. Most big companies have there drawbacks but not like here. Go ahead and find out for yourself but dont say you were not warned.
Pros
Ok trucks, ok miles
Cons
Pay, Driver Managers, reputation, hometime, very slow trucks.
Great company
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 10, 2018
‘‘This company always treats their employees like their own family, they have always strived to be the best an Are the best I recommend this employer to anybody you will always be safe and taken care of there
Cons
Exceptional place to work/ pay could be noted
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 7, 2018
Tractor trailer driver/ bringing products to and from shipper to consignee / in a safe timely manner, in order to maintain a good customer skill of a qualified individual.
Pros
Pay on time / good equipment
Cons
Upgrade in pay needed/ more time off
No home time
Long-Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 7, 2018
I liked the company. Just they did not get you home when you were suppose to be. Was suppose to be home every other weekend but was out sometimes a month to a month and a half be for getting home.
its a stater truck job
Flatbed driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 5, 2018
A good job to open your eyes to what trucking is about they give you the bare minimum knowledge an let you sink or swim if trucking is in you will catch on an make it if not they'll buy you a ticket home.
Pros
travel
Cons
DM's
Fun work place
Flatbed Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 5, 2018
Great place to work. Had a lot of opportunities to grow. As a driver i was given enough miles to maintain a great life. The job was very simple and i loved to train people on flatbed.
It was an ok job but the managers had no understanding about needing time off due to an accident or anything else
Trailer Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 4, 2018
lock up your tools because they will steal them. And if you something come up make sure you have an excuse because the managers don’t understand anything even if its a fakily emergency
Pros
Good paycheck
Cons
Terrible management
second hand starter company
OTR Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 3, 2018
If your a hustler you can make a decent dollar. Pay isn't the greatest but you have to pay your dues in the industry. For the most part the management was helpful, in my opinion. Ive heard horror stories but thats wasnt my experience.
Pros
second chance company
Cons
not all advertisements available
Professional at time
Regional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 1, 2018
Not too many miles, Pay check not consistent. Good benefit and life insurance. Company pays for scale tickets, lumber fee, easy pass, fuel, and Breakdowns.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Pay check not Consistent.
Its a good starter company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 30, 2018
The hardest part of this job is making money to provide for my family. They have a low pay scale. I do enjoy learning new things and getting to travel.
Alert and safely
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 26, 2018
Safety decision-making planning ahead is is a major key other than good communication. Staying focused and make it to your destination timely is also a plus
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Getting home
First Long Distance Driving Job
CDL Class A Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 24, 2018
This was my first driving job.
I began driving during the inclement - however, I was sent to destinations that should have been more suited to a seasoned driver.
Pros
Good driving opportunity for first job.
Okay place to work
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
The experience I had with this company was a pretty good one. I think the management was okay. I liked the travel experience but I was seeking a higher pay.
Pros
travel
Cons
pay
Not considerate of feelings
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 20, 2018
Drives for 8 hours. if you get a trainer they are very helpful and knowledgeable. Not able to come home on weekends like they promise. Trucks are old and break down and will be stuck at truck stop for days in the truck not in a area hotel
They don't care
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 19, 2018
No one at Western Express cares about the truck driver. They only care about getting from point A to point B in a quick manner. They don't give you any home time.
Pros
Cons
The whole company
Too much bad things to list about the company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 16, 2018
They don't like to answer the phone & when they do if you complain they will hang up on you. You're on hold over an hour. Night & weekend Dispatch won't give you loads & if you don't answer your cell phone they will cancel your loads etc. You get breakdown & layover pay $ 35.00 when they fail to give you loads. If you breakdown you will be on side of the road for 3-4 hours. Not a place to go work at. Straight garbage....
Pros
Garbage
Cons
Horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

2.1Personal Development

1.6Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight