Western Financial Group

Western Financial Group Employee Reviews

United States191 reviews

financialinsurancegroupindustryclientcareerbranchopportunity

Insurance Advisor

Western Financial Groups workplace is a very fast paced environment. Employees must be able to able to adapt to change quickly. Western Financial Group provides the opportunity to advance your education in the insurance industry and encourages their employees to do so. Western Financial Group cares about their customers and their Guiding Principles are a reflection of this. Our compensation and benefits package is excellent.

Endless stream of pressure

The company does seem to genuinely care, but often times management is so lackluster that there is really no potential to stay working here. Expect to be doing the work of multiple people with absolutely no promise of a raise. Very lucrative bonuses but unfortunately unlikely to consistently make any kind of money there.

Pros

Bonus program

Cons

Vacation blacked out December and November, No raises

Western Financial Group insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Poor management, no proper training procedures in place

They cannot keep good staff members and are now left with inexperienced new brokers that have not been properly trained. The upper management in this organization needs to change or this brokerage will continue to fail. I do not recommend this company.

Team Lead

A positive workplace culture leads to increased productivity; a better management leads to having more employees’ engagement. Keep positive attitude at work.

I want to be in insurance when I grow up.

I believe this job provides good opportunity for paid education and advancement as you gain experience. I have been in the industry for 23 years and with my current company for 18 years. If you are not wanting student debt and are interested in reading, learning, organization, social interaction, customer service and have good communication skills, problem solving, prioritizing and paper, then this might be a good fit.

Good company to work with

The company has a fair compensation scheme, job relocation opportunities and promotion opportunities. Also the management has provided us opportunities to develop ourselves and move forward on our career path.

Workplace Culture

Western is a great company to work for, it feels like one big family, rooted in small communities where everybody knows everybody. We emphasize on a great team playing workplace within a small office where we help each other out at any time. The management is great, being supportive & accommodating, the benefit plan is very good.

A yes from me

Western Financial Group is a great place to work with more than reasonable benefits/wages. Such a family atmosphere. Hours are great and flexible for vacation times

The best part of my job is working with people.

The best part of my job is working with people. I like and appreciate my co-workers and the clients. The hardest part of my job is getting it all done in the time that I have, but I believe that is true of any job. The culture at Western is supportive of its people and I really appreciate their people first campaign I feel strongly that they are heading in the right direction by focusing on this. Upper Management does seem a little separated at times and it is hard to relate to them, this is mostly due to the size. The regional managers work hard in trying to close this gap. They are very willing to invest in training and technology. Like all of us they are a work in progress and the positive thing is that they are working on improving always.

Great Place to Work. Busy and Fast Paced.

The job is not for everyone. It is fast paced and busy. This is what keeps it exciting though; there is never a dull moment. You are constantly learning and then learning more and then learning again. The people you work with can be difficult, as can be the clients, but overall it is a great environment. The hardest part of the job is wrapping your head around the fact that you will never know everything. The best part of the job is the people and the continuing knowledge. Western will help you grow. If you want to move up in the company, they are willing to help you get there.

WFG Review

- good benefit package (pay is fairly comparable, but benefits are exceptional) - depending on office, great opportunity for learning - larger company means more opportunities - depending on role, good work/life balance - great job security for competent staff

Severe Problems

Western has made the mistake of opening a call centre. The phrase "Because We Live Here" no longer applies. Western will be no different that any of the other larger corporations that no longer care about their staff or their clients - becoming apparent already. Western has no direction at this time, the executives are given an engagement survey filled out by staff each year, and NOTHING happens. It is obvious to the branches, large and small, that head office thinks they don't matter - even though we do the job every day. Processes are routinely put in place without any branch input, and if you even dare question anyone at head office, you are skewered. Shameful behaviour from a company that tries to be a part of the community. The "Guiding Principles" that Western was built on do not matter to any of the executives.

Apply Here! Great Company, Great Culture

Western provides opportunity for people "new to the industry" who are looking to start a career in insurance. The support and encouragement is second to none!

Good job

Great place to learn about the insurance business, and to start out as a broker. The company offers a lot of training material and help. The offices do tend to be short staffed, which makes it stressful. But there is a lot of room for growth.

A Day in the Life at Western Financial Group

I love coming to work most days. There is always something to learn and great people at my office! I have a great manager and upbeat work environment. Western offers great benefits and bonuses. The hardest part of my job is dealing with unreasonable people, thankfully this does not happen often. The best part of my job is it is very rewarding!

Western Financial Group

Western cares about their employees. We work as a team together and everyone is always willing to help out. The best part of the job would be the team I work with and how it's not repetitive, every day brings new challenges.

Great Career Choice!!

Western Financial offers a great opportunity to start a career that will motivate and drive you to put your best foot forward for years to come. With a competitive pay structure and great benefits, Western provides employees an amazing work/ life balance that is very supportive of a healthy working environment. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement and numerous avenues for you to find a career that best suits your life and interests in the insurance world. I would highly recommend perusing a life long career with Western Financial Group.

???

Overall its a great place to work for, however I feel that the wage is a little low and I think the reason for this is that 90% of the people working are women. The best part of my job is working from home. My direct manager is an awesome team leader.

Processing Coordinator

I have been with CPU ( Central Processing Unit) for the past 4 years. We are a great team that helps each other whenever needed. Awesome place to work. Plan to retire with the company.

WFG is a great place to work

It's a fast paced day but compensated fairly when you take into account the benefits etc. I would recommend working here for those interested in the insurance industry

Great Place

This is an opportunity to work with great people in an organization that allows you to grow. The people are helpful, the compensation and benefits are great. Overall this is enjoyable place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits