WESTERN HEIGHTS PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Review

View all WESTERN HEIGHTS PUBLIC SCHOOLS reviews

If you don't expect too much you won't be disappointed.
Former Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 29, 2019
This school district is a dumping grounds of sorts. You get all the bad kids thrown together and only a few are worth teaching. Most are so ignorant they don't realize how poorly equipped they are. They read several grades below their school grade, and can't put two sentences together to save their lives. The students are apt to cuss a teacher rather than do the work. The administration rarely disciplines properly and allows students to bring food, chips, drinks, pot, and other things into the school in their backpacks. The teachers try to stop most of the mess going on, but there's just no way to stop 200+ kids at the 9th-grade center where the two principals are either at each other's throats constantly or not even in the building. The school is a farce. It's a joke and no one should allow their kids to attend it. The teachers walk out year after year. They hired two pedophiles in the 9th-grade center and didn't check backgrounds or social media before hiring them. It's just been the biggest joke. Students can't pass simple tests but if the teachers don't pass the athletes the coaches get fired. If you have a choice, and you do, don't let your kid go to Western Heights.
Pros
Free lunch, free breakfast, free supplies since kids never bring their own.
Cons
They can't hire substitutes to cover classes, teachers can't discipline, admin won't discipline

Other WESTERN HEIGHTS PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you can afford the salary loss in your home.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 27, 2019
I work with children and staff of all races, I'm flexible I might have to sub at a moment notice. I love kids and my staff, working for school has improved my computer skills to a all time high. I am so thankful. I work with so my good teachers that have a true passionate for they profession. I also have helped with Implementation of SAFETY program. It promotes ready to higher levels.
Pros
Close to my house, motivating staff.
Cons
Sad teachers and support staff are under paid in Oklahoma
Employees are cutthroat
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 12, 2018
Some of the employees at the bus barn were cutthroat and would try and get someone into trouble far anything. Plus the administration forced our transportation director to quit, causing thigs to get out of control.