WESTERN INTERNATIONAL GAS & CYLINDERS, INC. Employee Reviews

Nice place to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2018
I am a supervisor in Tampa. I have been enjoying working for Western. Safety, speed and quality are very important. I work with my manager, we try constantly improve on things. Some of our machines and machines could use some upgrade. The benefits are good, the dental and the 401k are outstanding ( I was able to afford 3 crowns in a year) and they allow you to take occasionally loan against your 401k. Health insurance is bit expensive but the company covers many of the cost increases. You also get big discount if you are non smoker. The work is not easy and not everybody can do it. Vacations times increase based on years of being employed you get a week off already after a few months.
Pros
The atmosphere and management are good
Cons
Some plants could use some upgrade in, Occasionally little stubbornness on technical lines
Great Company and Great Manager
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, NEJune 11, 2018
When I started work, they had just changed plant managers. The old one was hated, but the new guy treats his employees great and they raised the pay.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, great manager
Cons
Out in Oakland
Western International is a good place to work at but i don't see myself there within the next 2-5 years
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellville, TXAugust 7, 2017
Western International is a nice place with great people to work with and good managers but I myself do not see myself there for the rest of my life or for 2-3 more years. I like the job and the people I just don't see myself growing or going anywhere within the company it is difficult at times to get a raise or be noticed for a raise. I am willing to put in the work and they have seen that which is why I've been moved to another department to help clear things up.
Pros
Great people, nice and comfortable
Cons
Exposed to weather which i don't mind but my worst con
Terrible
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Berwick, PAJuly 25, 2017
This is by far the worst place i have ever worked. Doesnt matter how hard you work or how good yo u work because you will be treated the same. They dont care about the people who work for them,even though they are the people making them money. You come to them with a problem,which they encourage you to do, but yet they give you the response "well i understand where yo u are comingfrom",then do nothing about it. The management and people who run this place are sneaky and only follow up on things if it is convienant to them. They tell you that you matter but behind youre back it is a completely different story. They talk down to you and are completely ignorant to the people that work there.Wouldnt recommend my worst enemy to work here.
Pros
Cons
Alot
Bad place to work
Blaster (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NEMay 18, 2017
Boss is a jerk and takes advantage of us company won't do anything about it pay is bad and no raises they don't train us well or care what we think and boss makes racist comments
Pros
Cons
Tons
Bad place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NEMay 18, 2017
Western is a very bad place to work. They take advantage of their workers and the manager harasses them constantly. They don't take care of workers and would rather replace you so they can keep the pay low
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Poor management, bad company to work for
Terrible place to work
Worker (Current Employee) –  Oakland, NEMay 18, 2017
Everyone quits cuz of the bad treatment we receive from the boss and the company. low pay and the company doesn't care about us or treat us good and don't listen to us
Pros
Cons
Alot
Productive Workplace
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Berwick, PAApril 25, 2017
On a day to day basis as a Department Supervisor I manage a group of staff making sure work volume is at its best. Always making sure everyone is doing their job safely and efficiently.
Pros
active, fast pace
Cons
lack of communication
Productive place to work
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Bellville, TXJanuary 29, 2017
Hardest part of my job is making sure the gas we supply and produce is of a quality grade. I work a 12 hour shift which includes monitoring 11 different facilities.
Pros
401 K benifits
Cons
Insurance
Productive place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Taft, LANovember 11, 2015
The most important part of the job is working with some good people. Projects were challenging and exciting.Very supportive management.
Pros
nice equipment
Cons
low pay
TO good to be true..
CDL A Driver (Former Employee) –  Bellville, TXJuly 3, 2012
WARNING!! stay away from this company. REALY to good to be true.. START out with HUGE checks to bait you in I can not tell you enough. you have been WARNED....