Western National Group Employee Reviews

Western National
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92802January 19, 2019
On a typical work day I would do the opening procedures, opening vacant apartment homes, post any monies, ensure files were correct and ready for move ins, partner with maintenance to ensure units looked great. I learned a lot in my 3.5 years with Western. This was my first step into property management. I got a long very well with my team, so much that I was in my manager's wedding-as well as she in mine. The hardest part of the job was not being able to advance and leaving the company. My most enjoyable part was providing homes for those seeking and being able to build relationships.
Pros
Interesting Job
Cons
Advancement
The Best Property Management Company in the Biz
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Western National Group ranks the highest amongst all the other property management companies based on Ellis surveys and overall company culture. They take great pride in their training and the company credo. WNG is a solid company and will be around for the long haul.
I loved working as a property manager
Community Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 11, 2018
I loved working at Western National Group. They have the best management team ever. I loved working onsite with the residents. And all the schooling that they offered was awesome. I would work their again. I worked their for 10 years.
Low Commissions
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 19, 2018
The company expects a lot for the compensation they offer. During the many years I worked there, the leasing commission outline was completely restructured, resulting in $200 commissions then equaling $20. "Tough times" never seemed to interfere with the lavish lifestyle of the executives, however, with the CEO often driving his Ferrari to company events. Uncomfortable job culture.
Pros
Possible to receive 20% discount on an apt.
Cons
Short or no breaks, stressful environments
Fair environment company
AP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 12, 2018
I'm working from 8am-5pm in property management business. The workplace having professional culture and easy going. I like its environment but not like much about management. My work is quite a heavy workload every day: must accurate, quick learning at a fast pace. I don't see any hardest part of the job. I like to do my job because it gives me very efficient experiences.
Pros
nice & professional environment
Cons
management isn't fair
productive workplace
Accounts Payable Processor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 31, 2018
8 hour day when performing only what you got hired for, management is not always helpful, coworkers help each other, most enjoyable are the people in your department
Leasing
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAApril 21, 2018
At College Park it is a large community. Management was not willing to train for people to advance. I was there 6 and half years and only 1 person out of 7 became an Assistant Manager the whole time. And that was because he choose to be a floater to other communities. That is why I left to be an Assistant at Park Central. All other leasers quit or moved on the get promoted. One person left to go to another smaller community to possible get trained to move up. I learned what not to do as a manager. Work on this property was never dull. The larger the property the more interesting situations arise. I enjoyed my team and doing company fun days.
Pros
My experience, the fast paced environment
Cons
working weekends
Western National is a great place to learn Property Management
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 11, 2018
Western National is a great place to learn the industry if you are starting out. They provide classes in all areas of property management. People are helpful.
Pros
Education
Cons
Low wage
Professional, people 1st.
Senior Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAMarch 13, 2018
Fantastic employer who makes every effort to put people first. A company with high morals who isn't afraid to walk away from a deal. They believe in their core values.
Horrible place to work. Super micromanaged and extremely limited.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 21, 2017
I came to this company hot off the field. Should I have known that this company minimizes your potential and make you feel like you are not welcomed and you are just another number, I would have never left my prior employer.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad supervisors and self centered reliefs.
Training Heavy but Pay is Low and Corporate Culture is Cultish
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAOctober 24, 2017
They require you to spend a week of corporate training before you set foot on a property. The training department is good and provides useful information. They have an annual event, Kick Off, which was excruciating to attend. It was incredibly loud, the food was abysmal, and you were trapped there all day long listening to people singing songs and doing skits. I never really determined what the purpose of Kick Off was, other than the corporate higher ups getting a chance to flaunt their wealth (talking about their Lambo, seriously) and how great they were. It was nauseating and I was determined to leave before the next one, at whatever cost.

My site level co-workers were great. Regional Manager was not terribly supportive. Training department is great and very helpful.
Pros
Training
Cons
Kick Off is Unpleasant and Weird
Cutting Edge
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2017
Great place to grow your career and learn the industry. Very Professional. You need to be a fast learner and have thick skin at times, but overall the experience is well worth it.
Pros
Very Professional
Terrible Company
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 1, 2017
Your likely to get stabbed in the back. Don't trust your boss they say they want to help you, in reality everyone is looking out for them self you do not want to get a target on your back. Keep your head down and just do your work.
Great management
Leasing Consultant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Empire, CAAugust 29, 2017
The company offers lots of training and team building for those who need it. They also hold lots of team building events in orange County area for all the properties to attend.
Difficult company to work for
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAAugust 18, 2017
Unfortunately, the company is not focused on the credo values. Although I don't like an extremely corporate culture, this company has no corporate boundaries at the executive level.
Consistent workpace, comfortable accommodations, and reasonable workloads
BIM Junior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 31, 2017
A company that has common sense and moves forward with it. A lot of dedicated employees who cooperate with each other to minimize mistakes. Workplace culture is to collaborate and improve well being, very considerate and the management reflects that.
Pros
A lot of company events and promotions.
Cons
No cons at this point
Love working
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 28, 2017
Great company to work for. Love working for them. I'm just looking for a different schedule to fit my family needs. I would definitely work for Wester again.
What I Learned
Executive Assistant to Sr. V.P. of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 17, 2017
I learned to be grateful for my skill set. I learned that not all companies are able to see the truth and grow. I learned that being quiet and listening is an asset.
Excellent Learning Experience
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 18, 2017
Western National will teach you all you need to know about managing an asset. The structure allows you to learn about asset preservation, hands-on management, and improves attention to detail. The fast-paced and challenging environment isn't for everyone. However, if you want to learn this is the place for you.
Pros
Many challenging problems to solve
Cons
Poor work life balance
Great company with opportunity to grow
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 24, 2017
This is a great company which really does a lot for their employees. You do have to be very skilled in Property Management to be successful in this company as it is not for just anyone.
Pros
Financially stable, room for growth, fun company to work for.
Cons
Stressful, High Micro Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western National Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Western National Group Reviews by Location