Western National Group Employee Reviews

Terrible Company
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 1, 2017
Your likely to get stabbed in the back. Don't trust your boss they say they want to help you, in reality everyone is looking out for them self you do not want to get a target on your back. Keep your head down and just do your work.
Great management
Leasing Consultant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Empire, CAAugust 29, 2017
The company offers lots of training and team building for those who need it. They also hold lots of team building events in orange County area for all the properties to attend.
Difficult company to work for
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAAugust 18, 2017
Unfortunately, the company is not focused on the credo values. Although I don't like an extremely corporate culture, this company has no corporate boundaries at the executive level.
Consistent workpace, comfortable accommodations, and reasonable workloads
BIM Junior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 31, 2017
A company that has common sense and moves forward with it. A lot of dedicated employees who cooperate with each other to minimize mistakes. Workplace culture is to collaborate and improve well being, very considerate and the management reflects that.
Pros
A lot of company events and promotions.
Cons
No cons at this point
Love working
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 28, 2017
Great company to work for. Love working for them. I'm just looking for a different schedule to fit my family needs. I would definitely work for Wester again.
What I Learned
Executive Assistant to Sr. V.P. of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 17, 2017
I learned to be grateful for my skill set. I learned that not all companies are able to see the truth and grow. I learned that being quiet and listening is an asset.
Excellent Learning Experience
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 18, 2017
Western National will teach you all you need to know about managing an asset. The structure allows you to learn about asset preservation, hands-on management, and improves attention to detail. The fast-paced and challenging environment isn't for everyone. However, if you want to learn this is the place for you.
Pros
Many challenging problems to solve
Cons
Poor work life balance
Great company with opportunity to grow
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 24, 2017
This is a great company which really does a lot for their employees. You do have to be very skilled in Property Management to be successful in this company as it is not for just anyone.
Pros
Financially stable, room for growth, fun company to work for.
Cons
Stressful, High Micro Management
Good place to work and good people to work with.
Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 23, 2017
Good company to work for, good benefits, good pay and good training. Great Company to get started in property management. On-Site positions pay good entry level but work most weekends. Corporate entry level jobs don't pay as good but you have weekends off.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, training, 2-week vacation a year to start.
Cons
Pay was great before company cut back the bonuses. Scheduled to work weekends.
Productive Fun place to work and my team was friendly
LEASING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAApril 4, 2016
I loved working for Western National Group they were always teaching classes and there was plenty of room for advancement. We often had residents come in and talk to us in the office they felt comfortable there. my team truly worked as a team.
Pros
Training Corporate Provided
Cons
Favoritizm with Clicks of staff for advancement
Raintree
Porter and painter light service Tech (Former Employee) –  Brea caFebruary 24, 2016
I usto work in WNG seen 2009 to 2015
I learn a lot in raintree apt in brea ca

Now I know more stuff in other company due to WNG EXPERIENCE
ok
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 28, 2015
I had to clean the office bathrooms pool areas vacant apartments pick up trash and dog mess i had to paint doors and power wash buildings and paint crubs and pass out notices one of the maintenance men tought me how to fix sinks to do screens and ac units anything maintenance i learned no management we got long nothing really just having to have apartments ready on time in short notice sometimes kept me busy
Pros
kept you busy
Cons
no professionalism at all and no growth
policy and procedure oriented
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, CANovember 9, 2015
I worked for the company for over 6 years and I learned a lot. Great support system and co-workers. They have a great training program as well as a mentors to help with whatever you need.
Great company culture
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 8, 2015
WNG has a great company culture focused on employee development and training. They could do a little more in the way of being concise about all expectations for job performance but overall communicate effectively.
Professional Environment
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 23, 2014
Full Time professional career. Prospects call or walk in on a daily basis, wanting to look at available apartments for rent.
Poor Management, Lack of Empowerment
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAOctober 16, 2014
WNPM, at first glance, appears to be a strong and well oiled machine. Once you begin working for them, you'll soon realize that the CM and the Regional Managers have no authority to make decisions and the customer service truly suffers. WNPM does not invest in their properties and the residents pay far more than they should for an apartment that is falling apart. The organization is quick to go on a "witch hunt" and will "point the finger" rather than determining a solution. WNPM spends tens of thousands of dollars on a "kick-off" event where everyone dresses up and receives awards, yet they pay their employees horribly low wages and don't show "intangible" signs of appreciation. The company is obsessed with "full disclosure", yet this full disclosure gets you "black listed" and you are not afforded the opportunity for promotions. Once you choose another career path, your days are numbered and you don't matter to the organization anymore. The hardest part of my job is navigating the childish politics of this organization. I wish others working for WNPM all the very best and hope management will realize this is not how successful businesses run.
Pros
Floating holidays.
Cons
Advancement, no PPO medical.
Very Rewarding Career
Leasing Consutant / Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 9, 2014
The best company in the world. I love them very much. Anything I want to learn, they are here for me.
Pros
Cons
nothing
Process all Utilities Bill
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 30, 2014
Perform full cycle accounts payable functions, including receiving, matching, entering invoices into AP system, account coding, posting and disbursing checks
Great people
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 20, 2012
Great job, had an awesome manager. I actually work for the IT company that was helping us back then. :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western National Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Western National Group Reviews by Location