Western Nevada College Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Productive and relaxing environment
Human Resources Internship (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJune 13, 2018
It was a great experience, I updated my knowledge on payroll and leaving account. Coworkers and managers were very friendly and available at anytime if I had a question or a doubt.
Pros
Close from I live
Excellent place to work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 7, 2018
Great staff. Whole college feels like a family.

The college itself is maturing a lot, hiring better and better people. Great place to learn and grow.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Salary
One of my favorite places I've ever worked
Assistant Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVApril 27, 2018
I worked here for a year and unfortunately had to find other work due to moving and increased school workload. I still look back on this place as my favorite place I've ever worked. Great culture, fun employees, amazing atmosphere, and lots of interesting work.
I was working as a student wasn't really on the staff
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVFebruary 17, 2018
Honestly I was in the work study program. I got the job because I was a student and my teacher mentioned I should work in the shop. It worked out because I could work between classes and studying instead of having to live the campus more than once. It seems it would be a great place to work.
Friendly, supportive
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 16, 2018
Limited experience because I'm just an adjunct, but the people in the department, including leadership, is quite friendly and supportive. My only complaints would be directed at the industry generally, not WNC specifically. Adjuncts are woefully underpaid relative to experience and education, and there is little job security and few benefits. You can't live as an adjunct; it has to be supplemented with something else.
loved my job
Cook and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NV 89703November 28, 2017
Typical day at work was easy. Helped customers all day. I learned many things working at the college because there is so many people who came to my work. I was a cook and waitress I even delivered food. Management wasn't all that good. Hardest part was working others shifts. Most enjoyable part was the customers.
Met lots of nice people and watched lots of softball, fun overall
Softball Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVOctober 22, 2017
My typical day consisted of me driving to campus and receiving the money for ticket sales at the field, id drive about 10 minutes to the softball field and set up my station for ticket and merchandise sales. After the game I would pack everything up then go back to campus and return the money. Met lots of great locals and watched some fun softball games. Hardest part was setting up your merchandise. Mot enjoyable was watching the games and meeting local supporters.
Upper management needs to get it together
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVSeptember 18, 2017
Wouldn'be be so bad if they would pay for the amount of work they give you. Compared to TMCC or UNR we make half as much as they do and do twice the work.
Great
Assistant coach (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJuly 31, 2017
Western Nevada College is a place on the mountain top overlooking the city which is beautiful. Being near a few other cities is a great place to enjoy life.
Productive, fast paced, exciting
Administrative Assistant/ Student worker (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NV 89703May 25, 2017
I love working for the college. There was never a dull moment. Just as it gets boring and work slows down the next semester business is needing to be done. I worked there for 4 years and I did everything from filing, mailing, ordering supplies, helping students, to working in the printing office during commencement. I loved the work hours which work with my busy home schedule now that I am a single mother. I would go back to WNC in a heart beat.
Pros
Awesome co workers, relaxed campus, always busy
Cons
I don't have any.
Productive and Fun
Jump Start College Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NV 89703May 8, 2017
Loved working with my team. Enjoyed getting to know the students whom I was helping obtain credit for college while in high school. Management was great to work for.
Pros
Public Contact
Cons
Pay
Tutoring experience
ASL Tutor (Former Employee) –  Carson City NevadaApril 5, 2017
I enjoy teaching different students ASL and help them understand better how to appreciate the language. They learn more from a deaf person and see the cultural difference.
Temp position, in welding shop
Teacher Welding Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMarch 31, 2017
Only worked here as a teachers assistant, paid very well but hours were limited, which was nice because i also attended school when i wast working. good place to work becasue of the benefits but my job only lasted one semester because i moved. Not sure if you were able to reapply.
Pros
minimal hours with good pay
Cons
only lasted 1 semester
Great place to get your homework done at
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJuly 17, 2015
working at the school library allowed me access to information that i didnt realize existed. The staff was pleasant enough, but not much interaction between anyone. I enjoyed helping other students find material they needed
Pros
quiet, access to information
Cons
hours, pay
Inspiring and helpful.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 20, 2015
Western Nevada College has given me the academic tools I needed in a competitive business world. I enjoyed my studies here. My employment at Western Nevada College allowed me to demonstrate at a high level, of skills and dedication to my colleagues as well as to my employer. I graduate in December 2015 with an Associates and Certification in Business.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere.
Cons
I was able to learn intresting and informative information not only helping others but myself aswell
Work Study Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMarch 9, 2015
The office environment was fun I repeated a lot of the same information but enjoyed special cases that involved more digging in, in order to award students for their college education.
Pros
Office worked with my school schedual
Cons
could only work 20 hours
Love the kids
Day Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVSeptember 28, 2014
Come in and just do whatever needs to be done. The kids do have a lunch, nap time, play time and learning time schedule. With children you just need to watch them, the typical ho hitting, be nice, share, say nice things kind of stuff.

Hardest part of the job isn't really much. Kids are kids and they are going to be difficult at times. You just need to be patient and understanding.

The best part is just getting to know them, to see them smile. They start to get to know you and in time you will see them at the store and they will run up to you and give you a big hug and their parents know you and love talking to you and even ask you to babysit outside the job. I love it.
Pros
They work with you when you're sick and give you the day off when you need it.
Cons
Only get a set amount of hours each pay period. No option in moving up in pay or position.
Great staff and teachers
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVSeptember 17, 2014
It is a well organized institute with great staff and organized individuals. Supervising personal worked around my needs: provided me with a work vehicle for the half hour commute between campuses.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No benifits
Got to work while going to school
Work Study- Participated as Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJanuary 18, 2014
Got to help professors, worked with copy machine and what not, helped the school
Acct Asst II (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJuly 7, 2013
Typical day included going through many e-mails received in two in boxes, organizing for work purposes, work through the tough parts of job and complete travel, purchasing, student questions and cashiering as the work came through. Down time included reconciling work to be completed in a timely manner. Learned how tough it is to please so many people with diverse backgrounds.
Got along well with co-workers. Supported co-workers through variety of questions on historical information.
Dealing with the diverse group of staff, administration, faculty and students brought with it challenges to be overcome on a daily basis.
Loved working with numbers, research and finding answers for students.
Pros
Benefits, diversity, challenging.
Cons
Keeping up with changes in all aspects of work duties