Western New Mexico University Employee Reviews

Relaxed environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMJuly 19, 2018
New Mexico is a poor state to work. Wages are low. University is great. People are great. Hours are great. 8-5 Mon-Fri with weekends off. Experience was awesome.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Low hourly wage
Good
Supplemental Instruction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NMMay 18, 2018
Enjoyed my time at WNMU! As a WNMU student I was given the opportunity to grow and attain my MSW degree. Enjoyed all the people I had the pleasure to work with.
Review summary for WNMU
Adjunct Professor in Williamsburg New Mexico Annex (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, NMApril 16, 2018
Typical day at work was helping and teaching students. Also working with students whom had learning disabilities to help them be successful.
I learned individuals all have a different learning style.
Management was always polite and helpful.
Workplace culture was good, everyone worked together for the good of the students.
Hardest part of job was making sure students received information needed to be successful in their educational goals.
Enjoyable part of job was working with faculty and students.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
WNMU closed annex where I worked for 9 and a half years.
WNMU is a great place to work for the most part.
Associate Professor of Psychology- Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NMApril 8, 2018
As an adjunct professor it is always an unknown if we will be utilized to the full extent possible. As a contract position, there are no benefits and salaries are not commensurate to the work or time involved but if you love teaching, it's a great place to work.
Pros
Collaborative work place
Cons
Low salary
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMJanuary 8, 2018
The environment is nice to work in. People work well together and are very helpful. I learned a lot while working and getting my education at the same time.
The best place to work on campus
Executive assistant (VP student assistant) (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NMDecember 14, 2017
By working at the office of Vice President allowed me to get to know professional people, gain real world experience from them as well as from duties that I am responsible for, develop managing skills, and become confident in providing customer service.
Great place to begin your career
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMApril 16, 2017
My instructor gave me the opportunity to work while i was in school. My professor was very flexible on my hours. He allowed me to receive funding for a project i was already working on. If a student is given the opportunity to work while in school, i would definitely recommend.
Great
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMMarch 3, 2017
Going to Western New Mexico University was a great journey my four years attending hear was great. I did not like how boring it was throughout the town.
Very profesional
Assistant (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJanuary 18, 2017
I would answer phones and schedule events across campus for staff and for the community. I would would work with a team and make sure the customer was always satisfied.
Great University
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NMJanuary 14, 2017
I have worked for this University for 10 years now. They are an absolutely wonderful group of people to work for and with. I think the standard of education there is as good as any other University in America. I think the value that students receive for their money is outstanding. Some of the best and brightest Professors teach here.
Pros
Absolutely great place to receive your education
Wonderful co-workers
Fieldwork Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMDecember 22, 2016
Fieldwork assistant is a great job that allows for flexible scheduling. I was able to work this job and attend full-time classes.
Great place to make a difference in someone's life
Director of Communications (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NMNovember 28, 2016
Co-workers are pleasant. Environment is collaborative. Projects are always exciting and there is always something to learn. Company culture is positive and inclusive.
Fun workplace with great co-workers.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Silver City, New Mexico, USANovember 16, 2016
The staff at WNMU Payroll & Human Resources Department would always be very friendly and would find solutions for all students and staff at the University.
Exceptional place to obtain experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NMOctober 25, 2016
This is not only an exceptional university to attend, but it is providing much-needed work for the students. This is a university that is not only looking out for the staff but reaches above the normal concern for the students to go the extra mile.
N/a
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMApril 13, 2016
Ever changing environment that allows for growth as a person and professional. Interesting culture that will allow for new perceptions and views in the workforce that help you grow as a person.
Fun working with college people.
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMFebruary 4, 2016
Great fun working learning people how knowledgable people are. It would be great to get full time and remain in one place for a family to raise. Management is good and keep up with all duties on campus.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
It was only work study.
great
Adjunct Professor, School of Social Work (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NMJanuary 31, 2016
Great place to work and go to school. If you are looking to advance your career, check out the available online courses. There is something for everyone here.
Pros
great
Personal Trainer
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMNovember 4, 2015
I help people with exercise and fitness programs. Also help people develop healthy eating skills. I like working with people and helping them develop a high level of wellness.
Poor Leadership
Employee (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMOctober 9, 2015
Great work place with very supportive staff that are will to go that extra step to ensure that students receive a quality education while experiencing a safe learning environment.

However, too much favoritism by the administration for those willing to look the other way when it comes to ethics and integrity.
Pros
Quality Institution of Higher Education
Cons
Administration
great place for a student to work
Multi-Cultural Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMJuly 14, 2015
I enjoy this position, my hours were flexible and my supervisor taught me a lot. I enjoyed working on campus and with my peers.
Pros
on campus, close