Western Pennsylvania Home Health Association

Working at Western Pennsylvania Home Health Association: 10 Reviews

United States10 reviews

Supportive environment for 1099 worker position

Friendly people to work with in a home care setting. Salary is per visit and competive. Mostly hires independent nursing contractors responsible for own taxes and deductions. No benefits for per diem RN's and one fulltime RN currently. Small company with solid ethnic ties.The DON currently is great to work with, and sees patients themselves if necessary. A nice company to work for if you don't mind being a 1099 worker

Pros

Management support

Cons

1099 work position

Terrible Experience

Poor management. Good office staff. Manager isn’t a nurse but frequently advises what she thinks is best for clients she isn’t seeing. Small company means they aren’t governed by any rules. Also didn’t release my last pay.

Pros

Poor management, instability

Cons

Supportive in office staff

Western Pennsylvania Home Health Association insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Stop Reading and Join this Team !!!

Loved Loved working for this Company! Unfortunately, I had to take time off but, when I return back to working I will return to WPHHA. Small business with a pleasant working environment and great leadership. Leadership uses Creative thinking to implement a vision for the company and continuously suggests new ideas in meetings. Also,shows initiative with developing new ways of thinking to improve company performance.

Pros

Small Businnes and Leadership

Patient focused home health agency!

My experience with WPHHA has been extremely positive. I have had the absolute pleasure of working with the most dedicated and caring team of clinicians and look forward to continued success. We are always looking to expand our team and pride ourselves on providing excellent care at all times. As with most companies, turnover can be expected. We offer various job options to fit the needs of our team members and recognize that it’s often not one size fits all when it comes to home health. We are ways looking for top clinical talent including various positions ranging from full-time/part-time to PRN. We do our best to provide an excellent work environment for our staff. We have been fortunate to have had many of the same team members over the years and some that have actually recently come back to home health with WPHHA.

Pros

Flexible schedule, benefits and more

Cons

Often the positions involve short distance travel and electronic documentation.

Poor management and constant turn over says a lot about the company culture

everybody is overwhelmed especially in therapy.The company prefers 1099 workers Poor management in the office and constant turn over of therapists and nurses delivers poor quality of care to the patients.

Pros

Condensed area

Cons

No work life balance

August 10, 2021
Dear Physical Therapist, thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. Personally, I cannot recall in recent years a '1099' physical therapist at the agency. I have been the Administrator for WPHHA since 2016 and I along with my administrative team do our best to support our clinical team. We have also been very fortunate to have built an amazing team as we continue to grow and expand to new areas. As always please feel free to reach out to me with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share that would make WPHHA an even better place to work!

I worked for WPHHA for several years and would recommend the company to anyone looking to work in home health. The industry can be difficult, but management truly cares about the patients and the mission.

Constant turnover says something (management seams deaf though)

They advertise REALLY high salaries compared to what you will ever make. Often they list a full time salary, but then offer PRN or 1099 employment (at full time hours). This means very little job security, and with such poor management hours vary GREATLY. There's little security of income and you have to deal with far greater stress than most comparable jobs. They offer terms in a contract, but then claim to reserve the right to change terms of the contract at any time, so what worth does a contract have? This is a SMALL company, which actually attracted me at first - until I saw that the number of managers is almost greater than workers. Just know that your small salary as a clinician funds excessive and inefficient management positions. I have seen numerous positions get listed and re-listed over and over in the past few months since I left. Be forewarned - look elsewhere for a job, even if the salary appears to be less you will wind up making more and with a more secure position anywhere else!

Pros

somewhat condensed treatment area

Cons

Everything else; pay, management, lack of support, etc.

August 10, 2021
Dear Registered Nurse, thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We set a high standard for ourselves and our team, and we’re so sorry to hear this was not met in your interaction with our Agency as an employee. You are absolutely right in that we are a small company, which gives us the ability to really cater to the employment needs of our individual clinicians and administrative staff. We are always happy to welcome new team members and to work with them to meet their employment goals and objectives. The feeling of job security is very important to us and nothing is more telling than the number of years we have been able to serve our community since our start in 2009. We have worked very hard to streamline operations and to optimize our patient's and employee's experience. We are working hard to build a good culture at WPHHA and we're glad that you see the value in working for a small company. That's great feedback for us. When it comes to our numerous job postings, we are constantly working hard to meet the needs and demands of our patients and industry. In order to meet the demands of an ever-growing population who chose home health to assist in their recovery, we must have the clinicians to meet those needs. Therefore we are always excited to add and not replace team members. As always I welcome any additional feedback that you may have!

Supportive environment

I was lucky enough to come across this organization and end up working for them part time. Being a single mother it was great option that gave me a lot of flexibility. I was able to see patients around my kid’s daycare schedule. Office staff is helpful and supportive as documentation can be challenging at first.

Pros

Supportive office staff and flexible schedule

Cons

You will need to use your own car to travel between patients

I had a great experience working for WPHHA. Great work/life balance and super flexible schedule for me as a nurse. I'd be happy to be working there if we didn't relocate and miss them compared to my new company.

Pros

Great staff and friendly office staff

Cons

Can get stressful when new patients come in

Best to keep searching for a different job than to work here

Very little company support in advancing clinical skills. The nurses and therapists stick together as a team, but management is VERY difficult to work with. Every place has its good and bad points, but the negative outweigh the positive here. Probably best to keep looking for a different job than to settle for this position. You won't make what the offer once they nickel and dime your paycheck.

Pros

good team focused therapists and nurses

Cons

watch over paycheck for accuracy

August 10, 2021
Dear Occupational Therapist, thank you for your candid feedback and for taking the time to submit your review. It is always our goal to provide a supportive and safe work environment for our clinical and administrative team. It truly takes a village and we are so grateful for the wonderful team you described. It is always amazing to see such positive feedback, especially when home health is an industry in which clinicians seldom get the opportunity to truly work alongside their peers. As managers, we are often tasked with ensuring that we foster a supportive work environment while ensuring the best possible outcomes of care/performance for our patients. I sincerely wish all the best to you and as always welcome any additional feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Pennsylvania Home Health Association. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits