Western Pennsylvania Home Health Association

Western Pennsylvania Home Health Association Employee Reviews

United States6 reviews
Friendly people to work with in a home care setting. Salary is per visit and competive. Mostly hires independent nursing contractors responsible for own taxes and deductions. No benefits for per diem RN's and one fulltime RN currently. Small company with solid ethnic ties.The DON currently is great to work with, and sees patients themselves if necessary. A nice company to work for if you don't mind being a 1099 worker
Pros
Management support
Cons
1099 work position
I worked for WPHHA for several years and would recommend the company to anyone looking to work in home health. The industry can be difficult, but management truly cares about the patients and the mission.
They advertise REALLY high salaries compared to what you will ever make. Often they list a full time salary, but then offer PRN or 1099 employment (at full time hours). This means very little job security, and with such poor management hours vary GREATLY. There's little security of income and you have to deal with far greater stress than most comparable jobs. They offer terms in a contract, but then claim to reserve the right to change terms of the contract at any time, so what worth does a contract have? This is a SMALL company, which actually attracted me at first - until I saw that the number of managers is almost greater than workers. Just know that your small salary as a clinician funds excessive and inefficient management positions. I have seen numerous positions get listed and re-listed over and over in the past few months since I left. Be forewarned - look elsewhere for a job, even if the salary appears to be less you will wind up making more and with a more secure position anywhere else!
Pros
somewhat condensed treatment area
Cons
Everything else; pay, management, lack of support, etc.
I was lucky enough to come across this organization and end up working for them part time. Being a single mother it was great option that gave me a lot of flexibility. I was able to see patients around my kid’s daycare schedule. Office staff is helpful and supportive as documentation can be challenging at first.
Pros
Supportive office staff and flexible schedule
Cons
You will need to use your own car to travel between patients
I had a great experience working for WPHHA. Great work/life balance and super flexible schedule for me as a nurse. I'd be happy to be working there if we didn't relocate and miss them compared to my new company.
Pros
Great staff and friendly office staff
Cons
Can get stressful when new patients come in
Very little company support in advancing clinical skills. The nurses and therapists stick together as a team, but management is VERY difficult to work with. Every place has its good and bad points, but the negative outweigh the positive here. Probably best to keep looking for a different job than to settle for this position. You won't make what the offer once they nickel and dime your paycheck.
Pros
good team focused therapists and nurses
Cons
watch over paycheck for accuracy
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Pennsylvania Home Health Association. Our community is ready to answer.
Western Pennsylvania Home Health Association Reviews by Job Title