Western Pest Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great job but bad hours
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2018
The job was a great job and we were compensated for it. But I didn’t like that we were on call at any time. It doesn’t matter how many hours we worked.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad scheduling
Official response from Western Pest Services
July 19, 2018

Many of our customers require emergency services. Unfortunately, it is not for everyone to work OT or weekends, but everyone is informed of the required working hours. It is a choice and again, its not always for everyone. It is an amazing opportunity to learn a trade or technical based career opportunity if you are willing to work the required hours.

Productive and fun work place
Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 17, 2018
Hard work, competitive, pays well. Plenty of training. Good benefits.
Salary plus commission and bonuses. Company car, laptop, cell phone, gas card and expense account.
Pros
Pays well, company car and gas card
Good people lousy company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 17, 2018
I loved the people I worked with and the Manager I worked under. However the company decided to close the office we worked in without any real notice. Some of the people who worked there had been there for 10 years... 25 years... I didn't think the way they were just tossed aside by the company they dedicated so many years to was right.
Pros
great people
Cons
company policy and they way they handled letting dedicate employees go
Official response from Western Pest Services
July 19, 2018

We do not have a branch in Virginia Beach. This was under previous ownership and a different leadership team. Truly unfortunately, but not representative or the organization and its leadership today.

Great team atmosphere
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 11, 2018
By nature our company requires a team effort, (service, sales, administration and management). We have a great group of people in our branches that like working for each other and achieving high results.
Great people who do a great service for customers.
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 10, 2018
I came to the company because I felt that the people that worked there cared about each other and their customers. That was over 10 years ago, and this is still true today. Salt of the earth people that work hard and care deeply. It's like a family.
Great culture, family atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  NJMarch 14, 2018
Working for Western is like working with your family. They have a phenomenal culture and truly care about their people. This is a unique business that offers something different everyday, which I love.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
None to speak of
Great company culture - smaller company culture with fortune 500 stability
Commercial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 6, 2018
Work hard - make money and no need to question anything.
Work harder - make more money - unlimited potential - no commission caps!

Great benefits, strong training program - lots of perks - wonderful and supportive management!
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
base salary could be better - great commission structure - you get out of it what you put in!
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 5, 2018
Glad I found this company! Love the people I work with. Employees truly care about doing the right thing for customers. I also appreciate the ethics of our company. No company is perfect, but Western is constantly looking to get better for the employees and customers. I love that our company supports numerous charity organizations to give back to others.
Pros
Great people to work with!
Wouldn’t want to work anywhere else!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2018
There are a lot of companies that say they put their people first, but Western walls the wall. This was my first job out of college. After almost 10 years here, I still love coming to work. Taking care of our people is number one!
Pros
We do the right thing by our people and customers (from the top down).
Cons
No company is perfect but if I had to say one- our systems internally could sync better.
No direction whatsoever
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Springhouse, Pa.February 13, 2018
I was given 2 days of training and placed in a truck and put on the road with no real grip of what the day to day operations, procedures or scope of services were. I was not in the same account twice in 2 months. Every day was like groundhog day. I would be sent to hospitals, schools, apartment complexes,and other very large facilities with no contact info, no idea where to report, who to report to,or where the equipment or areas to treat were. And to top it off the allotted time to complete jobs was absurd. No self-respecting technician worth his weight in salt could make a dent in the pest problems he was faced with in the accounts this company targets.

The management are truly charlatans. There is no clear direction, no communication. The culture is awful. Morale is low. They care nothing about the field level employees, and worse yet, their customers. I quite literally would not know when I was starting work any given day until halfway through the day before, making work-life balance non-existent. It is a horrible experience to work for Western Pest Services. I cannot warn you strongly enough to stay away from this place.
Pros
Cons
They only pay you from the time you start your first job until the time you leave your last, no matter how long your commute is..
fast past office, high demands, good intro to customer experience
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 15, 2018
I started working at Western as a temp seasonal help in the office. Being a fast paced learner, I took to the details and the demands quickly. I rose quickly to be seen as a team player. My unique approach to pressure and customer service and my ability to interact with my fellow admins made it fun and we played music to pass the hours away. Lunch breaks and weekly walks made it enjoyable each week to work hard with people that I could relate to. The technicians were always nice, especially the supervisor technician, who was always a bright light on the hard days. His upbeat and my fellow partner admin made working there enjoyable and rewarding.

When I switched from admin to inspector technician, it made the transition easy and I learned a lot through the experience.
Pros
small branch office, felt like an appreciated part of the team, benefits
Cons
low paid job, demanding quotas to meet
great job
Commercial Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 8, 2018
If you are interested in sales or pest control this is a great place to work and learn. There training program is thorough. You are provided with all the tools needed to advance and learn and succeed.
Great place to work; knowledgeable people; long term employees
Multiple Positions (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 8, 2018
Many long term employees indicate a great place to work. Opportunities to learn all aspects of position. Enjoyed coworkers and camaraderie. Fair and understanding management.
No fun and lack of direction
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New Jerusalem, PAOctober 2, 2017
Company has a extreme lack of direction and is always changing territories which makes it hard to get ahead. Commisions are low and turnover is very very high.
Pros
company car
Cons
none i can think of
A Good Company with terrible leadership
District Representative (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 9, 2017
far more limitations than opportunities with this position.Delusional upper mamagement is convinced they offer something unique to the market to justify charging 30% more than the 900 other companies they compete with. minimal online presence in the year 2016 with 0 marketing which is applies to thier sister company Orkin instead.Business cards without cell #'s,a car that you cant talk on the bluetooth because its against co policy,Techs making sales behind your back and you not getting credit for, an us verse them culture with service and sales,it goes on and on.
Pros
commision if you can get the 4 manager to agree
Cons
super bureaucratic, csrs with poor people skills, prices always to high
Bad company!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJanuary 9, 2017
I applied with this company and they sent me a questionnaire without ever even calling for interview I filled the questionnaire Al they sent me tax papers to fill out and then after I filled out the tax papers they sent me an email saying that they decided to pursue other candidates at this time but told me that I was a great match to their needs... no phone interview, no chatting in email, nothing so basically they're looking for your tax info and since I am not on government assistance I didn't get the job.... probably for the best! Not very professional at all!!
You get out of it what you put into it
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 12, 2016
In the short time at Western I've found a company and a job that I want retire from. I feel like a part of a team that cares about me.

The base salary is pretty average but the commission is limitless. Once you're in a grove can make serious money.

Benefits wise they have everything you would expect. Plus you can buy stock in the parent company.

The thing about working here is follow the process and activity, and the sky is the limit.

Just work hard and have fun.
Pros
Free car, gas, holidays and weekenda off
Cons
Some employees don't pull their weight
Bad company
Manager (Current Employee) –  NYJune 8, 2016
Bad company with poor management. The ethics is this company died with the district management. Fire from the top and get back to the root of true company values instead of corperate bs
Pros
Good pay for horrid hours
Cons
Cares more about sales than service
Worst place I ever worked for
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJanuary 29, 2016
This company sucks do not work for them management its not good supervisors do not help work you to death. Supervisors are out for themselves management out for themselves throw you under the bus whenever they get a chance to make them look better than you
Fast paced office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 4, 2015
Very heavy work load, must be organized & know how to prioritize in order to complete work in a timely manner. Great co-workers, not much support from upper management.