Western Power Sports Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 30, 2018
I work at WPS for 18 years and I need a change. I like it there except we were in a building on a phone ands computer all day. I learned lots there about the company,others and myself. Friendly place to work. Customers/dealers when they don't get there parts because of shipping company's. The people we work with.
Pros
Fun Company
Cons
Not enough money
My Fresno family.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 28, 2018
I started off as a receiver and worked the receiving department for a year and then became a stocker due to two of the stockers quitting due to personal reasons. Never had a problem with anyone and we all worked as a team and brought each other up if we noticed one of our guys was not having the best of days. The Western Power Sports warehouse was my Fresno Family and I consider everyone in that warehouse a great friend to have both at work and personally. Anthony Musial the manager is by far the most fair and organized manager I have ever had knowing he had to deal with at least 70 of us. Hardest part of the job were days something went wrong with orders or trucks were double booked but as a team we never broke down or lost control, we saw through until the end and made sure we finished everything before the day was done.
Pros
breaks and early days if work was finished early.
Good work enviroment.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 19, 2018
It's been a while since I have worked here but when I was working here it was great. I had a great trainer and the manager was very helpful and understanding.
Not the best pay, great people
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 11, 2018
The people really make this company. If you can take initiative and ask questions you will do great here. The people here are fast paced and fun and there is opportunities to advance.
Dirty, Nasty, Horrible, Dramatic, Low-Pay, Slave work environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 20, 2018
Management is controlled by an uneducated political drama puppet who relies on the employees to make them look good. The supervisors and employees are miserable slave workers, expected to do everything at $10/hr. The start time is when the manager says and the finish time is when the outbound supervisors decide to let you go. Lunch times and breaks are change based on what the manager feels like. There's no consistency, innovation, or incentives. Promotions are non existent. The company does not care about the employees or their families. If you don't do everything they ask or if you do not fit in, you will be fired or targeted to be fired. Salary employees are paid bottom dollar and included in the above conditions.

Do not work here unless you're desperate for stress and being stuck in a slave environment. There are 30,000 better paying and better environment options available in the Memphis area.
Pros
Some nice employees
Cons
Everything listed in description
Very productive
Head checker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2018
A typical day just consists of me checking in products with a scanner, making sure the pickers got all the right products for the customer

I learned how to check in as well as pack

The management was very fair in the way they treated people

The workplace culture was a bit off balanced

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the pickers because there were more of them then us checkers

The most enjoyable part of the job was checking in new and interesting products
Pros
Lunches are paid for
Cons
No air conditioning
Above Average
Warehouse Operaions Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2018
My Manager gave me the freedom to bring my experience in retail and transfer it to a warehouse environment. From daily meetings, to creating positions such as cycle count specialist.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
1 warehouse in U.S.
relaxed, slow paced environment
LTL Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXJuly 15, 2018
In my department, I would pick/pull my own orders, pack the orders, and ship the freight orders. I would use a stand-up forklift, dock loader, and order picker. Management was ususally not helpful, due to the fact that they usually avoided conflicts and confrontation.
Pros
job was 5 min from my residence
Cons
co workers were lazy
Feels like a family
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 29, 2018
They invite you in like family. It can be stressful, but they work like a team to help you get the job down. Even the boss gets out there to pick, check, and pack to make sure you get out in a timely matter.
Great job
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJune 24, 2018
Working at Western power sports was amazing. Very friendly managers. Easy to talk to and very family oriented. Easy to learn different positions. Would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Not alot of overtime
Fun people good workers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 22, 2018
Great place to work for starting out in a warehouse setting but not suited for long term employment. They definitely try to work with home life situations but not very many opportunities to advance
benefits
Cons
Short term employment
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Ashley, INJune 11, 2018
Fast pace, gets hot in the summer. but over all a good place to work. My boss was great and the team i worked with. Miss working there and the team i had.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Drama
Hard work pays off!
Picker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJune 8, 2018
Lifting, pushing, and carrying motorcycle parts in a hot, dusty warehouse is HARD WORK, but hard workers are rewarded. Show up, work at a steady pace, be polite to your coworkers, and you'll be rewarded with raises.
Pros
overtime money in summer! fun manager, hour long lunch
Cons
lots of overtime in summer - not a great schedule if you have kids, employee turnover due to hard work - always new people
productive and fun work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAMay 31, 2018
fairly long work day but you got an hr. lunch. some items weighed a lot and others don't way anything so u really needed to pay attention to how u packed a box so that you don't crush something
Poor place to work
Inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Ashley, INMay 29, 2018
In the two months that I worked there the plant manager got fired (my first week) and still hasn't been replaced. A lot of drama and favoritism. They lie to you about the hours and your position in the company. Very stressful and unfair work environment.
Busy days with very cool facility
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 12, 2018
A typical day at work for me is usually unloading a container of mostly ATV/UTV tires or motorcycle tires, merchandise count and match everything shipped on trailer with purchase order, and send it back to our overstock with our bar-codes on them. I learned a lot with purchase orders and how to accurately read them and useful inventory taking skills. The toughest part of the job is usually on Mondays when we get backed up with orders over the weekend. Usual days are 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM with an hour of lunch from 12:30-1:30.
Narcissistically operated and managed
Employee (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 3, 2018
Very inconsistent management policies and strategies. Employee's are regularly pitted against one another. Employee handbook is loosely written and even more loosely followed.
Pros
Fun Industry
Cons
inconsistent management and company policies
Excellent Place to work.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAFebruary 12, 2018
The very best management team to work for Very nice and great place to work Very great atmosphere and great employees.
The management really cared about the employees that work there.
Pros
Management worked around everyone schedule.
Cons
There is nothing negative to say.
New employ
Picker (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 16, 2018
So far, I am loving it. Fair pay, I had no experience. Benefits in 60 days. Free dental. Vision reimbursement. 8 or 9 to 5 to 6ish. Off weekends. Very clean. Great managers and coworkers. Helpful, friendly, caring. I hope to be be there for a very long time! Thank you Josh for giving me a shot.
Pros
Fun, clean, beneficial, family oriented
Cons
None so fat
Productive and good place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashley, INOctober 30, 2017
WPS was a good place to work. It is a very laid back and fun place to be. The people are nice and easy to work with. My job included pulling and filling customer orders, then packing and shipping them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Power Sports. Our community is ready to answer.