Western State Hospital
63Average

Western State Hospital Employee Reviews

United States220 reviews
It was an a-okay job I liked working there back in the 70's Hardest part of working there you never knew when you were coming home. I like helping the clients and seeing them get discharged.
Do not come here to work as a PSA because we will let you know that you are just a PSA and treat you like
the garbage you are because you are just a CNA ith a fancy title.

Pros
Cons
Hostile work place
Management had a habit of promoting non-whit nurses generally from the Phillipines. You could be the most qualified, and never be given an opportunity to promote. Additionally, if you were hired as a temporary RN, had 20+ years experience you were not promoted to permanent before a new grad.
Love working in this field good people skills a must. Positive experience & great benefits , great training ! Plenty of hours if you want them, great co/ workers
Pros
Great benefits great hrs
Management sucks. They don't care about staff safety. It seems like they promote patients assault on staff. .....................@gagsgdgdgdgdbdhfggfbfhfhdhrgfgdgdhfggrggdgdgdggdgdgdg
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I loved working with this institution, mostly for the fact that I touched lives in diversional manners. The most important thing when working here is to “strictly “ maintain SITUATIONS AWARENESS always. It was an interesting experience!!!
This was a great place to work. I learned so much through my time here and I will always value my time spent here. I hope to see everyone else succeed here as well.
I believe this is the worst place someone could work at manegment will try to set you up so you can be fired at any time your always stressed becuse of this the patients are more enjoyable to be around then your fellow employees very ugly place to work.
Fellow employees are dedicated to patient care but management is poor. They have little concern for the patients or for employees. The hardest part of the job was not dealing with mentally ill patients but with uncaring, incompetent management.
I enjoy working there because of the patients. There is a lot if sitting and watching, interspersed with moments of very physical action. Most staff is very tired most of the time
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Western State Hospital?
It’s a guaranteed hours and lots of overtime.

Great foot in the door job for state employment.

Flexible work hours for on call positions

I’d recommend applying, pay is decent.
Colleagues are cooperative and understanding, good Team spirit.
Good Benefits,

Certainly unpredictable situations where pro active working nature is a must.
This place shows to much favoritism to certain employees and only believe and reward certain employees for a job well . to much turn of employee that are here one day gone the next
Pros
Patient care
Cons
Need more Friendly and caring for employee
It is one of the best jobs I have ever had, this is the company I have worked the longest and the easiest job with so many hours than I ever had. I really enjoy working here.
So far it is a great place to work, especially if one is interested in how to best treat mental illness. It gets very energetic feeling there, but for the most part it is a calm place to work.
They need too get rid off the dinosaurs they hold progress back #bun wrap management has no concept of what it takes too produce any meal only time u see them is when they get a email
Worked in many different environments with lots of different people everyone seem to appreciate what I did for them. People that work there were always glad to assist you to learn what you need to do for your position.
I quit due to disorganization, lack of communication and inability of the higher up personal to communicate to the staff. I was qualified for the position, in fact over qualified. I wanted on call and I know there is the need yet could not get satisfaction to finish the orientation needed to work on the unit.
I love to cook and have learned additional skills. And have met a lot of good people as well. I have worked with people from many cultures and backgrounds which I enjoy.
I enjoyed the job. Some of the management is terrible while others are amazing people. The ones who were terrible were the worst people to work for and they were usually the ones with the most pull.
This place offers very little support for your position. Not enough PNAs on staff so others are overworked and underpaid. There needs to be an overhaul of this facility.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western State Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
2.2
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight