Western State Hospital Employee Review

View all Western State Hospital reviews

The best place I have ever worked. I hope that I find that satisfaction of a position that I can feel like I really help some one .
Transport driver (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYOctober 8, 2013
I would be the first to arrive at the office. I didn't have a supervisor title
but I would carry out duties of a supervisor. I have coordinate the runs that would be carried out for that particular day. Carry duties out.
I really learned a lot being in that kind of environment. Most of my co-workers loved and respected,admired me.The residents too.
The hardest part of the job was being the only female to have ever been in that department. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking the residents to their destination to get the service they needed whether it was a doctors appointment or a placement to a personal care homes.
Cons
Being able to be out of the facility

Other Western State Hospital Employee Reviews

Stressful yet rewarding job
Psychiatric Social Worker III (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 18, 2018
The job is not stressful because of the patients, the job is stressful because of people who are either not qualified, incompetent, or like to complain about their job. I have learned an incredible amount working for WSH. There is a lot of drama. Not many supervisors are qualified to be a supervisor. If you are wanting to learn and have opportunities, I would highly recommend it. Keep your boundaries and you will do great!
Pros
Good pay, rewarding work, job security
Cons
management, constant scrutiny
Diverse Work Force
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 17, 2018
Good place to work, diverse workforce. The majority of the people who work at Western State Hospital truly care for the patient. At this time there were no opportunities for advancement in food service.