Western Sugar Cooperative Employee Reviews

Productive and good fellow workers
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 12, 2018
I learned how to work in a factory from great management and fellow workers. It was a Union job and has a lot of opportunities for long term employees. It was like all jobs and some tasks were difficult and some were easy. You get out what you put in.
Pros
Paid lunch and great management
Cons
If next shift didn't show it was mandatory you stayed and others were unreliable
Ambiente de trabajo muy educativo
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJune 10, 2018
Fue una buena experiencia y una buena dinamica de trabajo sobre precion
Good place to start
Assistant warehouse leadman (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COMay 21, 2018
Glad to be a team member, enjoy the experience and employee's I work with. It's fast paced, but work hard play harder. Rotating schedule, employee's get a free safety lunch during summer schedule.
Really depends on the position.
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 4, 2018
My job mostly involves data entry and reviewing and filing paperwork. I have learned a lot about SAP and ordering and shipping rail cars along with truck shipments. I hope to take my experience to another company since they do not try to retain or develop employees.
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
Little to no advancement opportunities, no pay raises, no reviews
Stressful and hostile work environment
Extra gang (Former Employee) –  Lovell, WYNovember 14, 2017
This was the second time I worked there and had a supervisor's husband working the same shift get in my face. They treat their employees like dirt and purposely do things to aggravate employees. One of the worst jobs I've had and McDonalds offers better compensation and benefits.
High Stress High Demands
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COSeptember 21, 2017
I wish all the best to this company they have had a rough time throughout the years. Lots of turnover every year as mostly seasonal employees. Too many people like to try and fix a problem at the same time results in mass confusion and finger pointing.
Pros
Good benefits for full time employees
Cons
Union
Relaxing and repetitive
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 21, 2017
I like working there because it was very repetitive and the more you did the quicker your day went by. I would go in and start by collecting all of my juices for my first round. Then I would test those juices and move to the second round. After I finished that I would have lunch then start my third round. When that was done I would start my fourth. Then once that was completed I would be done for the day.
Good pay & Good experience
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Lovell, WYMarch 25, 2017
Great experience for welding and fabrication. Various projects keep it interesting and you learn new things each day. A lot of problem solving in repairs, or building specific projects. Good management. The off season has a better schedule (Mon-Fri 7am-3:30pm). The production season, or campaign, has a rotating shift that runs 24/7 including holidays.
Not good
Warehouse Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COMarch 3, 2017
Long hours, 7 days a week. Not enough help, trying to run new technology with 100 year old equipment. People are quitting left and right. Don't treat their employees well.
Good place to learn a good career
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEFebruary 9, 2017
Good place to work for management is pretty good pay is really well I learn new things day by day hardest part of job nothing really to hard the best thing is the culture just a all around good environment
Pros
The wages
Cons
Rotating shifts
Interesting Environment
Corporate Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2017
Facilities meet food safety regulations to manufacture food products (sugar) in the United States. Manufacturing facilities prove that daily operations should be maintained and managed on a steady basis rather than ever changing.
Pros
Manual operations
Cons
Need steady operations
productive
Warehouse Class 1 Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEDecember 5, 2016
Learned that sugar comes from sugar beats and sugar is made all the same way, So when buying the generic brand its really buying the same kind. Just the name on the bag is what's really being the price difference. As the bags of sugar goes down each line we had to make sure all bags were sealed tightly and prints were stamp correctly. All sugar has to be smooth, not lumped or crispy.
A great job but a difficult place to work
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Torrington, WYAugust 23, 2016
I enjoyed the education though the hardest part was the moral my coworkers and supervisors and trying to get the job done without a budget that will allow it.
Pros
Best paying job in the small town
Cons
Such a low moral makes wanting to go to work difficult.
Pay not on par with work performed
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 26, 2016
May times asked work along side people making double my salary performing the same job as them. No benifits offered for the seasonal workers performing these jobs.
Pros
On Day shift all daylight hours
Cons
Short breaks for a hot fast paced work evnironment
Tough shift work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COMay 5, 2015
Tough rotating shift work for six months out of the year. Forward looking company for operating in over 100 years old buildings.
Positions gave me time to spend with my family
Juice Bench Chemist & Bin Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 16, 2014
It was nice working a "straight 8" shift. My shift supervisor was easy to work with and very accommodating. Most of my co-workers were good, hard-working folks.
good work, my work
#3 Filter operator (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 25, 2014
good job, great pay ove the work and nice people that i got along with. everyone
Pros
people and the work i did for them
Cons
its only seasonal for a bit
solid company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 11, 2013
Well established and respected manufacturer of sugar for industry and consumers.