Western Technical College Employee Reviews

Excelent working enviroment
DIESEL LEAD INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 2, 2019
Excellent working environment due to the fact that school owners were always present and knew every instructor by name. I felt very appreciated and stratified working there.
Custodian
Custodian (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 31, 2019
They were good to work for. They have great benefits. They are flexible. There was always a chance of advancing in the company. The co workers were good and helpful to work with.
relaxed
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 26, 2019
Taking returned books and putting them back in the correct place. Wiping and washing surfaces with disinfectant. Library Assistant job and Daycare Assistant job.
It was fun to work for
Student Lead Security Officers (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 26, 2019
Depending what department you get it is a great place to work for. I never had any issues with my department but when budget cuts comes around other departments get on edge.
I graduated
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 20, 2019
I truly enjoyed being a student tutor at Western. It was great working with fellow students and helping them learn the basics of accounting. But it had to end when I graduated.
Management is horrible
Custodian (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 1, 2019
Supervisor constantly plays favorites, isn't knowledgeable of positions they are supervising, backstage and retaliates, if you are a woman you'll be at the front of the line.
Hostile environment to work in.
Office Clerical (Former Employee) –  Mauston, WIMay 4, 2019
A very hostile work environment to work in. Staff is treated with disrespect as well as prospective students. When I worked there I had become "the assistant" (even though this salaried position had been technically eliminated to save the college money). I filled in, and did all the day to day work that needed followed through on. The Campus Coordinator took all the credit. One day I was fired, in the middle of the day, without out cause or reason ever given. HR was contacted on three separate occasions and I was NEVER contacted. No benefits provided, no incentives, no appreciation, and whether you worked 4 hours or 10 hours breaks were never given.
Pros
Wonderful working with the students
Cons
No breaks, no matter how many hours worked
STUDENT LOAN ADVISOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 2, 2019
I really enjoyed working at Western Technical College I loved the people, my job duties as well oh and the vacation days was wonderful!! I would like to go back and work there again.
Pros
Great people, good pay, great vacation and benefits
Cons
Was laid off job stability wasn't secure
I loved my job
Work-Study Student (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 31, 2019
I was a work study student for the Financial Aid Department and I loved the people I worked and the work that I did. If I could go back I would, but unfortunately I am not in enough credits.
It Sucks
ISS instructor (Former Employee) –  DianaMarch 13, 2019
It is not worth it. This place is for professionals who could not get a job anywhere else. The atmosphere is not intellectual at all. The instructors are not prepared.
Cons
Not worth it
Easy going environment
Student Clinic Receptionist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 27, 2019
Was good work experience was a work study while training in the massage therapy course. The environment was quite laid back would answer the phone and just check in clients as they completed their massage as well as checking in for their massage.
Good
PHONATHON CALLER (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 7, 2018
It was a great experience. Everyone is nice and it was a great place for me to help others. Western Technical College is one of the best tech schools in the country.
Great experience!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 21, 2018
Working together as a team with the same values and mission statement. It was a temporary position but I would have stayed forever! Great team to work with
Terrible
Physics Teacher (Former Employee) –  Diana CampusNovember 20, 2018
I use to teach Physics at that place, they pay less than community college. Directors wants you to pass all students so they keep retention high. Students usually have no skills whatsoever but they place them in General Physics1 and Pre-Calculus. It is a no skills college. As a matter of fact their Engineering Technology Department instructors would not pass the Math and Physics classes. This college has potential if the get skilled teacher with the know how to teach the concept and how to deliver instructions. You can get all the Certs they offer without going to that college in a 3 month period.
Not the best place
Career Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 7, 2018
Truly a diverse work environment as far as an educational organization goes. Alot of friendly and great people within the organization. The biggest problem is certain departments are resistant to change and the lower level employees suffer because of it, which will hurt the company in the long-run and only help the competitors. Decent benefits in the company but not enough incentive to put up with nonsense and drama/bureaucracy.
Pros
Paid holidays, fast-paced environment, friendly colleagues
Cons
Resistant to change, huge lack of camaraderi/respect between departments
Being an Adjunct employee is not steady employment.
General Education Instructor, English Adjunct (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 8, 2018
The students are very unique in their fields of expertise, i.e. - High Performance Automotive Tuners, Diesel Mechanics, Welders, and Heating, Ventilation, and Cooling (HVAC). The courses I taught were essential to their overall education
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Adjunct status
Okay
NA (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 25, 2018
Most of the employees have been there for many years and really only stay for their paid vacation time. Salaries are low management doesn't really affiliate with the common employee.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
low salaries
Professional and hospitible environment
Sustainability Intern (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 1, 2018
As an student intern I spent only a few hours a day working for Western, but in this time I made lasting relationships and was impressed by my coworkers knowledge.
Productive and nice environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 28, 2018
learned other ways to use Excel
typical day was quiet and solitary work
management is great
culture is relaxing
most enjoyable part was the variety of tasks that needed to be done
temp
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 28, 2018
enjoyed working with all the staff and then helping tutor all the college kids in bio, computers and math was awesome self satisfactory job. Wish they had openings so I could have stayed longer.