Westfield Insurance Employee Reviews

Consultant only - not an employee
Enterprise Architect (Former Employee) –  Westfield, OHMarch 12, 2019
I was a consultant - mostly in meetings or doing focused work on Enterprise architecture. I was not an employee so I don't know most of the answers to your questions.
Fun place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westfield Ctr, OHMarch 8, 2019
Of course, if you have a personal connection with someone you trust who works at a company, you might wonder whether you still need to look at employee reviews. The answer may be personal and depending on the relationship you have with this contact, but at the same time, it can't hurt to get a sense of what others say. If for no other reason than to assess morale and the overall feeling of others you'll be working with, it's helpful to get a sense of what other people are saying. Moreover, there are certain situations where your contact may know less about what it's like to work in a particular department or within a certain functional area and a job review can help you fill out missing details from a single third-person account. (In the case of Fairygodboss, you may want to hear from a particular group of people specifically, e.g. women or other minority groups of employees).
Golf course is a great place to work if you're an outdoors person and an early riser.
Grounds Technician l (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJanuary 16, 2019
I'm an early riser and morning person, management is flexible and willing to work with you on your availability. Great management team and co workers.
Pros
Great work environment and co workers.
Cons
weather related slow downs.
Relationship based company
Director Enterprise Project Management & Delivery (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHJanuary 16, 2019
Great environment to implement a work life integration lifestyle. The culture continues to morph as the times change. Management continues to evolve.
Good Company to Work for
Project Manager / Information Security Architect (Current Employee) –  Westfield, OHJanuary 8, 2019
One of the good company to work for work healthy work environment and all latest technical tools to work with to achieve the project requirement. I will always prefer to work for Westfield Group.
Tale of two cultures - Stay Away!
Contributor/Leader (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHNovember 23, 2018
Culture has taken a back seat with new leadership, the old culture of being a relationship based company is dead.

Leadership team manages based on gossip and not fact. They lack competency needed to drive to real facts on the ground. This allows some leaders to make inaccurate public statements regardless of the truth and punish all who disagree.

One of the company's core strengths, work life balance, has disappeared entirely as they request employees to work endless weekends to make up gaps in schedule that *they created* by ignoring repeated guidance from multiple teams.

They value leaders *without* a strong background in IT even though those leaders are tasked with managing IT based teams.

Over-reliance on large external vendors that do serious damage to delivery and add tremendous costs to the bottom-line of IT.

Overly political leadership team.
Pros
Onsite lunch, free coffee, very nice offices and golf course
Cons
Dishonest management, politics, lower market pay compared to market, weekend work, toxic culture
Very friendly environment for both contractor and employees
System Analyst/Workload Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westfield OhioNovember 5, 2018
Very friendly environment for both contractor and employees. Employees are very dedicated. Great open door policy between management and the employees. A very peaceful campus environment to work
Pros
Has great employee loyalty. Not very little turnover
Collaborative culture
Corporate Hospitality Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHOctober 30, 2018
Outstanding company with high morals and genuine commitment to core values. In business since 1848 and going stronger than ever. Tremendous growth opportunity and progressive culture for employees and leadership. This company invests in people and their development.
Pros
Positive, collaborative culture; successful; attracts and retains best talent
Beautiful place to work
Policy Typist (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHOctober 25, 2018
It has been a while since I have worked there, however, it was a beautiful campus with a lot of potential for professional growth. Would recommend to a friend
A typical day at work
Policy Services Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHOctober 16, 2018
I would arrive at work at 7:30 a.m. My first duty was assembling policies to be mailed out to insureds which took about 2 hours. Then I would get work from our tables to be typed. If I have a duty such as sending out direct notices and cancellations or work management, I would sort my work to be typed so I could mix that work with the Direct notices and cancellations or work management (moving work in e-mails to folders and taking care of any rush work needing done).My lunch was from 11:45 to 12:15 a.m. Then I would continue to work between the typing and any extra duties I had until 4 p.m. which was my quitting time
Pros
Cafeteria and free coffee
Cons
No breaks
Ok place to work
GROUNDS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Westfield Ctr, OHSeptember 25, 2018
I worked on the grounds crew so mostly weeding and pruning things, manager was excellent, enjoyed to work outside, everyone was extremely friendly to you
Fun place to work but not a lot of movement
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 24, 2018
The people I work with are great but in my office there is not a lot of upward movement available. We mostly take calls and service policies, people are fun and make the job fun.
Great company to work for!
Claims Specialist Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 6, 2018
Family like culture, great benefits, and the company really cares about it's employees. Certainly one of the best companies to work for if work/life balance is something you are looking for!
Avergae job but the pay could be better.
Corporate Safety, Security, Compliance (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHAugust 8, 2018
The company employees count on an annual bonus check to make up the difference for the lower pay scale and some years we did not receive a bonus at all. While others were fantastic. Its very up and down on what you will make for an annual salary.
Pros
Very Nice facility that is well maitained with good equipment.
Cons
Pay scale fluctuates very much
Minimal poltics, forward thinking, resprectful
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Westfield Ctr, OHAugust 6, 2018
Great company to work for. There is an atmosphere of true teamwork with strong work-life balance. Leadership is respectful of everyone. Very strategic and targeting how to remain a leader in the competition
Good Company
Account Examiner (Current Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHJuly 30, 2018
Have worked there for 5 years. Good vacation time pay is ok. There are a lot of benefits offers ie health dental vision;however, they are very expensive for what you get.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Expensive health insurance
Family oriented
Workflow Coordinator Leader (Current Employee) –  Westfield Ctr, OHJuly 24, 2018
Westfield is a great place to work. Very stable and family oriented which allows work-life balance easily. We have market-based pay which is comparable to jobs similar around the same geographic areas.
Pros
Healthcare, 401 and profit sharing
Very poor
Wait Staff/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Westfield Ctr, OHJuly 22, 2018
Working at Westfield (Blair Center) felt very much like High School. During peak season you were EXPECTED to stay 12 plus hours everyday even if you were part time. Managers would demean you in front of other employees and shame you if you said you were tired (after more than 12 hours on your feet). Definitely not worth $9 an hour and being humiliated not worth anything! I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy’s child! GOOD LUCK WESTFIELD!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
Fast Paced Office
Claims Recovery Specialist/Claims Rep/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAJuly 20, 2018
Always something to do and learn. Initially hired as a secretary and learned claim aspect of business. Final role was as Claims Recovery Specialist which I loved.
Great place to go retire at
Developer (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHJuly 11, 2018
This place is a mess right now. Way too many "lifers" that are just sitting around waiting to collect pension fund not actually doing anything.

Management acts like they are making huge strides, but nothing changes and they are stuck in the past.

If you don't fit, you won't end up staying long. They have a huge turnover issue in IT right now for this reason.

Nobody wants to take actual responsibility for projects and instead just has meetings to discuss the prior meeting where they review the meeting before that.

Nobody is in the office Friday, so good luck if you actually expect to work 5 days a week getting an answer to a question on Friday.
Pros
Golf course
Cons
Nobody knows what they are doing.