Westfield Insurance Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to go retire at
Developer (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHJuly 11, 2018
This place is a mess right now. Way too many "lifers" that are just sitting around waiting to collect pension fund not actually doing anything.

Management acts like they are making huge strides, but nothing changes and they are stuck in the past.

If you don't fit, you won't end up staying long. They have a huge turnover issue in IT right now for this reason.

Nobody wants to take actual responsibility for projects and instead just has meetings to discuss the prior meeting where they review the meeting before that.

Nobody is in the office Friday, so good luck if you actually expect to work 5 days a week getting an answer to a question on Friday.
Pros
Golf course
Cons
Nobody knows what they are doing.
P&C insurance company that provides a wide ranges insurance products to protect customers’ properties.
Enterprise Architect (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHJuly 6, 2018
A great company to work with. They treated their employee really well in terms of compensation, work opportunity, and benefits. I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Compensation and corporate culture
Cons
It was too far from my home
Collaborative and friendly.
Event Server (Former Employee) –  Westfield Ctr, OHJune 22, 2018
The people who work there are friendly and willing to help out if any problem arises. There were many task that the team divvied up to accomplish what needed to be done for the day.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free gym
Cons
No paid vacation.
Westfield
User Experience Designer (Current Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHJune 18, 2018
Westfield is a great company to gain experience and depending on management it can be a great place to work. There is an overall conservative behavior where employees that have been there for 20+ years are permitted to dismiss new best practices from newer hires.
Pros
Continuing Education, large and small products to work solo or collaboratively
Cons
politics
Administrative Professional I
Administrative Professional I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 2, 2018
I worked 11 years for a company which could not decide how to use my skills. They transferred me from manager to manager and juggled my responsibilities. I would have been content to keep my same position with extra training, but was expected to keep moving from file clerk to data entry to clerical for the top eight adjusters. I really enjoyed the last position.
Pros
I loved working in a field which helped its customers
Cons
job juggling
Great!
Data Entry Clerk/Clerical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHMay 31, 2018
Very productive, high volume, fast paced office.
A lot of information to learn, just stay diligent!
Great team approach and team building.
Wonderful benefits.
Company
Casualty Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 2, 2018
Great work life balance. Westfield really does care about their employees. Great team work and training. You are able to cross train in other positions to get more experience.
great place to work
Systems Analyst - Development Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Medina, OhioApril 20, 2018
Westfield Insurance was a good place to work. They work with the employees and try to foster a family feel. However, the IT department seems to be composed of various cliques.
Pros
nice employee recoginition
Cons
Clique driven
Fast paced but family like atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHApril 16, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Westfield Insurance. Would still be working there if my job had not been eliminated.

Fast paced work environment but also time for a little fun.

Was able to, when needed, work from home
Work here if you have no self esteem and pride
Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHMarch 20, 2018
A place to come and get humiliated, The managers treat contractors like high school kids and immense micro management at all levels. very rude attitude towards contractors. they need to understand if your internal employees do not have the skill set that is why you bring in contractors from outside to help you in your goals and project, but it is totally shameful the way guests in this company are treated. They play alot of politics and build a ground to get rid of people and put them in a harassing situation that they break down and leave.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great Job
Special Investigator - (Former Employee) –  Westfield, OhioMarch 16, 2018
One had to be self motivated to complete assigned investigation in a timely manner to allow the claim representative to pay or reject submitted claims in a timely manner.
Constant changes
Training/Coaching Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHMarch 8, 2018
A typical day at work is either listening to call to complete assessments and/or training new hires. I have learned a lot in this role. In my role I feel stuck because I don't have a degree to move on to other departments and develop. Management in my department how continued to go down hill over the years and I don't see it getting any better. Nothing in every consistent. Things change so frequently that every is inconsistence with different answers. That would be the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part is helping customers.
Pros
Cafeteria (you pay though), company events, with a degree lots of opportunity
Cons
Management in Customer Service
Well-established company with great service to both internal and external customers.
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 4, 2018
Working for Westfield allowed be to be trained in various areas of the insurance industry. Well developed training programs and many opportunities to set goals and achieve through a supported developmental plan.
If you want to make money, go somewhere else
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHFebruary 13, 2018
They want to pay WAY less than your worth, you would think someone with 20 yrs experience would make top scale. That is not the way this place operates. Pay scale is barely above min & thats why there is so much turnover in maintenance and why they have ads on job boards every couple weeks.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Excellent company, great health package, room for advancement
Billing Processor (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHFebruary 1, 2018
The majority of my job was keying personal bank information among other clerical duties. My department was well managed. The employees were well informed. Everyone was welcomed at Westfield.We had a gym right across the street, delicious lunch room, bakery, laundry service. We could receive discount tickets to current events.I enjoyed every one of my 20 years at Westfield. I lost my job due to downsizing.There was not a job I did not enjoy or a supervisor that I did not have a good working relationship with. I would work again for Westfield today, should the opportunity present itself. I have no complaints. An excellent company.
Pros
Great health insurance
Cons
Heavy work load but I was able to complete all my tasks
Not a comfortable place to work.
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHDecember 23, 2017
It’s not a good place to work & not recommended. They treat the contractors so bad. Especially some managers show lot of difference between full time employee and contractors.There is no friendly work culture & lot of politics with in the team.
Policy Typist (Former Employee) –  Westfield, OHSeptember 13, 2017
Worked here on a part-time basis while raising my child. I enjoyed the people in the office and was pleased with the atmosphere of the office while at work. Had a chance to meet many different people.
Positive work culture
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHSeptember 13, 2017
The work was rewarding. Building relationships was very important. The campus includes a golf course and fitness center. Wellness is an emphasis within the company.
Pros
Employee engagement
It's not the company it was 10 years ago
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHSeptember 7, 2017
Unless you are related to someone, or friends with someone, or willing to be someone different, then you'll struggle to get ahead at Westfield. Management in Commercial Services is a complete joke. They make their employees go outside for "Easter Egg Hunts" and play ridiculous games. If you want to work at Westfield, but keep your pride, I would not recommend applying for a Commercial Services position.
Pros
Gym, and some business units are allowed flex time
Cons
Everything else
competitive
Seasonal Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHSeptember 5, 2017
As Administrative Assistant - I was able to be self directed, creative, respected and part of the team.

Each team has a different leader and management preferences.