Westgate Resorts Employee Reviews

Best expirinace ever
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2019
I had the best expiriance at Westgate,
With all the benefits and discount for Orlando’s attraction,
Work for Westgate was wonderful, I don’t have any complains my bosses were the Best, Damany and Ty, are an example of a good Boss, they Are very respectful, the work with the team, and we can find all the help we need
Thank You.!
Most of the managers are not qualified for their positions
Operations (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNMarch 18, 2019
I enjoyed working there for a while but there was alot of infighting backstabbing and favoritism. I was forced out due to speaking out against some of the favorites. Healthcare was unaffordable. I did enjoy the environment for the most part but management in certain areas needs to be replaced. Having to park off the property and rely on shuttle sucked.
Pros
Lots of diverse people beautiful property
Cons
Bad managers no on property parking
Very poor management
Welcome Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2019
Very poor management in very many departments. None of the managers know what is going on half the time and don’t invest in the people they hire for the company. They are very biased and work with the favorites. A lot of advancement is only given to the ones that are favored.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, and flexibility with hours.
productive and great place to learn new skills
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 14, 2019
It gives you great set of skills that would be helpful in any industry and field. It gives you a good foundation for your sales career no matter where you want to pursue it.
CONCIERGE AND BELL SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2019
It is a very productive place. The benefits are okay. I could not complain, it kept me on my toes. The interaction with guest kept my motivated to come to work.
It's a Timeshare business and holds all the same characteristics that you would expect.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMarch 12, 2019
When I first started the training was excellent and I began making money the first day on the floor. The trainer was willing to meet regularly for advanced training and things ran smoothly. As with all businesses of this nature higher-ups began making changes that ended up making it harder to succeed resulting in a lot of missed opportunity. When I was paid I was paid well but they had to hold have the commissions for a period of time which seems reasonable until you factor in how much money was kept from me for that time. When my car was repoed and I was forced to stop showing up for work I continued to receive checks from back pay for another 6 months. That is a lot of money I could have used to keep my car which was needlessly kept from me seeing how I had 0 rescissions and none of my deals backed out. All in all if you want to work in timeshare its as good a place as any and you will meet a lot of great people.
Pros
$60 a day draw meaning with or without a sale you make SOME money.
Cons
Half checks on commissions and closing often feels high pressure when it doesnt need to.
Please Don’t waste your Time!!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNMarch 11, 2019
Great on selling the Dream! If you have no other options in life, it’s a great place for you. Do your homework before applying. Hope you can swim with the sharks...
Pros
Easy money or paid!
Cons
Hours, Management is terrible.
Not worth your time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yulee, FLMarch 8, 2019
I quit a job I had been in for 9 years to work closer to home. I was hired on after my first interview at the Yulee location as an Assistant Manager. A few weeks in, I was being trained to lie and manipulate, desirable candidates to offer discounted tickets for timeshare tours. Once I had learned some of the tactics, I expected my management training to begin. Instead, the manager was threatened that I knew how to use a computer better than he did and when I showed him how to create formulas and saved out time sheets and made his job more efficient, he told me my sales were poor and I should focus on that. There was little compassion for family issues that were unavoidable. Before I was let go, I found out that I was the 6th or 7th assistant manager that had been hired on in less than a year. All the others were hired on and then demoted at the end of their 90 days. This is a shoddy skill and the regional managers don't care either and take zero explanations (not excuses, but valid explanations) for not meeting quota numbers. It is a toxic environment and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone to work or to even stay. Toxicity trickles down because behavior like this continues to be tolerated.
Favoritism
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 6, 2019
Westgate SUCKS in the front desk department they will find any reason to fire you just so they don’t have to pay for you to have benefits once you’re about to reach your 90 days they will fire you! When you start working there they already have they’re click and agents they like and if you’re not one of them they WILL single you out and be rude. All the managers accept maybe one show favoritism so much it’s ridiculous. I would never EVER work for westgate again. Dewattie and Andres are the WORST MANAGERS AT WESTGATE LAKES AND SPA.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Sucky managers
Excellent atmosphere
Catering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  River Ranch, FLMarch 4, 2019
Working at Westgate River Ranch is a pleasure, there is always something to do, a Lot of guests to take care of, so this place is not for lazy people, but if you are a hard worker who loves providing awesome customer service, so this is the place for you.
Pros
Free lunch, paid vacation, affordable insurance
Cons
Not set schedules
Unprofessional Environment
Transportation Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2019
Management is inconsistent and only interested in covering for their friends lack of work.

there is no resolution or improvement for training of mistakes made, and blame is passed instead of having items corrected.
Pros
Cons
bad management and low pay
Ambiente de trabajo tranquilo
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 25, 2019
Es un trabajo, donde puedes ganar mucho dinero. Pero necesitas estar en buenas condiciones fisicas. ya que el trabajo es fuerte en temporada.
Pros
Estabilidad laboral
Cons
Ninguno
Great job
Fd (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2019
Not every job is perfect but the people you work with makes it worthwhile. You get paid decently and you get just as much downtime as you get with the crazy weekends. Plenty of opportunity to learn.
Not really.
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 17, 2019
Direct and route high volume incoming calls Answer questions, direct guests, etc. Perform data entry Provide exceptional customer service Other related duties as assigned
Great Job
Digital Marketing - Front End/Test & QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2019
Enjoyable experience, and a lot of room to advance technical skills. Fellow employees are well rounded and educated, and can provide advanced knowledge outside the realm of your focused intentions.
Not enough pay.
Timeshare Sales (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2019
This timeshare company simply does not pay their employees enough for the amount of work that they give especially when other timeshare companies pay more with more benefits. Although they have paid vacations you'll be hard pressed to find any time available to take them since most of the year is blacked out.
dont do it
Chef de Cuisine - "Draft's Burger Bar" (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 9, 2019
just dont you will eventually regret it. no true respect and understanding for you and your life. very high turn over rate for a reason. other people have left for a reason
A good spot if you're the "perfect" fit
Sr. UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2019
Westgate needs to focus on their hiring process and their internal needs. They hired me and later realized that they didn't know what my role would do and that they didn't need me. This was after I had turned down other offers and been working for a few months. Everyone seems to hate the CEO. Use caution and ask the right questions if you want to work here.
in house sales
In House Marketing (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJanuary 30, 2019
This company structurally is the best in the business. If i made more money there I would have never left. It doesn't offer healthcare to the sales floor. But other than that they are good at what they do. There is a reason they are the largest privately owned timeshare company in the world. However, the gatlinburg location, I know from experience, does not pay very well. They charge you to come to work, and I never received a paycheck above $500. I sold a package almost everyday. But I found it hard to get to work some weeks as the draw they offered was just too low. I would recommend it to anyone who needed training or already had a good financial portfolio. Just don't go there hoping to make a lot of money right off. The company is geared towards management.
great place
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 30, 2019
good people to work with and fun job place. i drove a golf cart all day helpjn people with their bags and talked my way thru the day. pays 10 an hour plus tips.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westgate Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight