Westgate Resorts Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Sales Team
Marketing & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNMay 19, 2018
West gate was a tenacious, fun place to work in. It helped you to develop great communication skills, and personality for any given situation. It was all about teamwork, effectiveness, and how you can learn more about your yourself, co workers, and improve your sale skills.
Pros
team work, hours
Cons
free time
Great IT environment
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2018
Employees are very active, company is moving towards more modern systems. Managements has been involved in making the workplace as good as an environment as they can.
Pros
telecommuting.
the job was fun just a little bit
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMay 17, 2018
the job was fun a little bit due to all the people from different states, and I felt that I was over qualified due to my AEMT cert. I felt like I was down grated and my cert didn't matter, I asked if I was in the situation and if the patient need it that I can use my certifaction, they said no you are just a lifeguard.
Pros
was working with some fine and nice people, fun a little bit
Cons
already said the cons
Teamwork
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNMay 17, 2018
We worked together as a teamwork. Very helpful when needed. Working with other teams when our work was done. More experience of learning other departments when needed help. Standing up doing laundry is a challenge for me and I love standing at work instead of sitting down. The hardest part of the job is carrying heavy boxes, bags, etc. Enjoyed working with the people I worked for and I love the view of this company.
Pros
Served us meal with congratulations or our hard work
Cons
not allow to drive or use go-carts
Westgate was an enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 12, 2018
Westgate was very laid back. The company's focus was planning dream vacations so It was my job to make the timeshare owners feels at ease. It was a great place to come to everyday
Timeshare is the Primary Business
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2018
The Timeshare sales agent is told that the potential income is more than $150,000 a year. The Timeshare Agent then pays approximately $600 to be licensed by the state. The potential customers brought to you by Westgate Timeshare Marketing have been lied to. These potential customers are not told that it is a timeshare presentation. They are told they will be watching a 30 minute movie and will be asked to review it, or they are told they will take a short property tour and asked t review the property. Whatever story is made up by the marketing agent is what the customer hears. Then the marketing agent lies about the job title and the income. The potential customer is told to say they make $60,000 a year, even if they don't. By the time the customer gets to the timeshare sales agent, they are upset to find out it is a timeshare sale. The Sales agents are Independent Contractors, but are pain a refundable draw against commission. Then the agents receive training, which is against the lae according to Section 530 of the Internal Revenue Code. Furthermore, the agent is encouraged to violate federal law by selling timeshare to poor people who can't afford it. You must, at least, sell penders for a $300 down payment, and get them in a binding contract. This is wrong and possibly illegal. If you don't sell enough, they fire you, which is also in violation of Section 530 of the IRS Code. Don't waste your time or money becoming a timeshare sales Agent.
Pros
Break Bread with your customers. Free meal.
Cons
Being threatened to make a sale or be fired.
$10.00 an hour? Insult! What management?!
Custer Service (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNMay 9, 2018
Don’t waste your time with this cut throat company. Poor management. Horrible pay and bad Benifits. Company has. deep pockets but doesn’t pay employees nearly enough too live comfortably. Start with lazy management and get rid of the rudeness and phony sales team.
Pros
Cons
Sorry management, lying sales people, wages way too low!
muy bueno pero no me gustaba limpiar abitaciones
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 8, 2018
muy buena pero no me gustaba limpiar habitaciones la pasaba muy bien com mis compañeros de tin
Great company
CLOSER, TEAM LEADER OF 15, AND TRAINER (Former Employee) –  NVMay 6, 2018
Great company started on the phones then became a closer and before you know it I had my own team or 15 + employees so there is room for advancement if you work hard and stay focused.
pproductive and fun place
Sales (Former Employee) –  piso lakesMay 6, 2018
a lot of tension you need sell
how that work for that kind of job, practice every day
follow the same philosofy
just thinking about sale
closing after convince the buyer to buy,
when you receive your commision
Pros
make money
Cons
not everybody buy
west gate resort
Timeshare agency (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 3, 2018
worked that time night shift 3:30 pm to 11:00 pm
I learned how to pitch and sales. Resort was too silent there was not enough people around . Is not easy to make money from this company because commission v.s hourly ( $8.00 )
Constantly Interacting with customers, working long hours and i have to worked outside too. Cold weather, under the heat or rainy day
Pros
free water
Cons
commission v.s hourly working under the any weather
high paced sales on the go type work environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  westgate las vegasMay 2, 2018
Great company to work for if you are looking to hone sales skills and take it to the next level. friendly work environment as well as highly competitive
Pros
free meals, discounted vacations, and monthly spliffs
Cons
commision only
Relaxed workplace working with children
Swim coach (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 29, 2018
Westgate Cabana Club was a relaxed place to work, and the coworkers were fun to work with. Every day was spent interacting with children, so I have learned how to effectively communicate and lead them. The manager knew what she was doing, which made my job less stressful because I did not have to worry about scheduling issues.
Cons
Not very flexible with time off
Stressful Work Enviroment
Guest Services Agent- Full Time (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2018
Many times I have felt underappreciated, regardless of my time and effort. Upper management takes too long with making decisions. They do show proper recognition to employees.
Pros
Schedules can be somewhat flexible
Cons
Takes too long for upper management to make executive decisions
Great Atmosphere, Need Experience, Underpaid
Revenue Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLApril 27, 2018
This job was everything I could ask for. I was able to get a first look and entry-level into the industry that I want to pursue professionally. My lack of experience in the industry was my pitfall, but in my short time I was able to gain a lot of forward knowledge that I can carry on into the future.
Pros
M-f, 9-5 Schedule. Excellent Atmosphere
Cons
Heavy Workload, Entry-Level Pay but requires at least 1 year experience
it was good for a while
Owner Reservations (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLApril 27, 2018
Pay is decent for the job you do- no real advancement opportunities and management is not great. Decent for someone just starting out and not looking to make it there forever.
a typical work day
Line cook/ Banquets (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2018
you have to pay for parking, get to work, change into uniform in locker room, start working on the line, take 30 for lunch 4 hours in, clock out and change. go home.
Job security is not there
General Manager, Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 25, 2018
Place is fantastic to work. Management is really kind and nice to work for. However if you are in your 90 days you are frighten that one day they will wake up one day and tell you your gone. Overall a great place to work!!
Pros
Free Food, Healthcare, Discount Rooms
Cons
Job Security
Good.
Interval Ownership - Time-share Sales (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTApril 23, 2018
Happy to worked with them, but sold out and my job ended. They want to transfer me out of town but my family lives in Utah.
That is all I need to say.
Pros
Good Company to work with.
Cons
n/a
Mixed reviews
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOApril 22, 2018
Well, my time there has mixed reviews. The salaried management is awful and doesn't care about employees in the slightest. Suoervisors are great. Amazing. It's a nice job in the winter. Come summer you'll be overworked and want to rip. Your hair out. Also, they'll mess up your money.
Pros
Supervisors awesome
Cons
Bad pay, a lot of stress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westgate Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight