Westgate Resorts Employee Reviews

Not the best place for honest managers
Timeshare Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2018
Managers make you think you're selling one thing and you really sell something else and deceive your clients. This is not the way to conduct business at all.
Great place would go back in a second!
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2018
Great company to work for. David Seigel definitely cares about his employees. There are rewards and reward ceremonies. The commission and bonuses are more than generous. I would love to go back but I need a little more savings first.
Pros
Everyone is a pleasure to work with and for, parties, reward ceremonies, great pay
Cons
Employee focused work environment with lots of advancement opportunities
Front Office Manager - Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 11, 2018
Westgate is a fantastic company to work for that I am proud to be a part of. From line level to upper management everyone works hard to take care of our guests. Every benefit imaginable is offered and employees are always given lots of opportunity to prove themselves and advance. Meet lots of people from all over the world and build friendships and bonds with your team members that will last a lifetime.
Es un buen trabajo pero poco sueldo para lo exigido
Mantenimiento (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLOctober 10, 2018
Se trabaja bajo un buen ambiente de trabajo pero por falta de organizacion los encargados de departamentos no estan a la altura del reto
Pros
Buen Ambiente de trabajo
Cons
Poco suelso
The worst company ever!
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOOctober 4, 2018
I worked for different companies, but Westgate is the worst to work for. They expect managers to work long hours, while General manager leave early.
There is no communication whatsoever and favoritism.
If General manager doesn’t like you, they will just throw you out.
Cons
Empresa agradável de trabalhar, muito flexível, GM humano
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Summit County, UTOctober 4, 2018
Durante o tempo em que trabalhei em Westgate fui muito bem acolhida. Meu supervisor, Beau Bryan, era. uma pessoa muito amável, ajudava ativamente os funcionários e os inspirava a serem melhores. Foi uma época muito feliz. A parte mais difícil a desordem na comunicação, visto que muitos funcionários contratados não falavam inglês com fluência, o que por vezes prejudicava na delegação de tarefas.
Fun, busy and lots of history because it was once the largest hotel in Las Vegas!
Off Property Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2018
I had a good time working there. Great Management and good co-workers. Busy, fast-paced environment! I also interacted with lots of great guests staying at or just passing thru the Resort. Lots of scheduled Tournaments and Professional Conferences. I also was an Elvis Presley Tour Guide. In 1969 - 1976 he was contracted to stay and perform exclusively at the International Hotel twice a year and the whole Penthouse 30th floor was designed according to his request (36,000 sq ft). I met lots of famous people, so I would say that is was the highlight of my time at Westgate Resort. Lots of history and nostalgia!
Pros
World's Largest Sports Book
Cons
short breaks
Lack of job security
Front-Line Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 2, 2018
There is no job security nor any benefits as a commissioned representative. High turnover rate. You are only as good as your last sale. Only look at numbers. Company does not care about the employees. The training is good, but very outdated.
The company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2018
it is a good company to work for. they are flexible and allow schedule change. the pay is not bad. just need to focus on your job and you will get paid well
Wonderful place to work
FRONT DESK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTSeptember 24, 2018
I learned a lot at Westgate, I started as a front desk agent, I learned all that I could and I eventually was promoted to the Front Desk manager. It was a little stressful at times but with everybody that I worked with, it was worth it.
Poor, Arrogant Management
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Managers are terrible, work environment is terrible, horrible place to work. On positive side the training is excellent as are the trainers, but once you get assigned to a resort, well "welcome to the cut throat Jungle"
Pros
Great Training, Great Trainers.
Cons
Steal your Money, if you leave then forget about getting commissions due, Management from top to bottom are worst in timeshare business.
Great people to work with, truly a pleasure.
Front Desk clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2018
Beautiful family timeshare resort, great staff. This resort is very well managed. It feels like being part of a big family. Everyone works together very well.
Pros
Staff, overall work environment
Cons
Benefits, Pay
great company
CSR / Reservations /Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Great place to experience different positions and learn different roles . Growing company, stable positons new jobs available great place to vacation.
Satisfied
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
WR is a good company, despite its many flaws. The management team is the best thing going for this company. The company has a strong focus on quotas that are, sometimes, impossible to achieve even for the best of us.
Do not work here
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2018
Unless you like lying to other people and you do not care about money. Westgate steals your money with the draw, also very unfair, they give you more families to only top5, and they do not even give you same fair opportunities and expect you to sell like top 5. If your tour gets canceled they blame you for everything, and when you call the manager over to your table they are slow as a sloth and your families get mad and they still blame you for not keeping your families. They blame you for everything and always compare with top 5. This job makes you feel like a loser unless you sell everyday. The managers also say they are there to help but always blaming you for not getting a deal. I would not even recommend this job to my enemy.
Pros
Free lunch that is it
Cons
No benefits, no insurance, unpaid vacation
Good for advancement. Culture is not so good but improving.
Security supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee FloridaSeptember 15, 2018
I love working for this company. I have met great people along the way both co-works as well as customers. Unfortunately managers and directors have a very bad culture going on that affects the workers who are responsible and like to hold others accountable for their actions. The “buddy system” kills the work environment. In the last few months things have been improving.
Pros
Paid vacation.
Cons
Work culture
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2018
Relaxed environment and friendly staff. When Las Vegas is slow this job is slow. Best time to apply is anytime but peak business are in the months of May-August.
Productive and fun plce to work !
Bilingual Sales Rep./Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2018
Great Management , team work , great meetings excellent work place, Best part is Culture .I have the opportunity to help a lot of families and develop my skills and abilities.
i enjoyed it there
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOSeptember 7, 2018
enjoy working with my co-worker, and meeting people from another state, and it the best place to work there if I didn't had my operation I would still be there until I moved to Tucson
Pros
just enjoy working there
Cons
that i couldnt work there nomore
na
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  River Ranch, FLSeptember 3, 2018
lots of favoritism and very unfair things going on. rule only apply to whoever they don't like everyone else can do whatever they want. schedules are made by favoritism and not seniority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westgate Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight