Westgate Resorts Employee Reviews

summer work
Day Line Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2018
Good experience and excellent training program. The only timeshare company where a real estate license is not a must. I loved giving the presentations.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
high pressure to produce.
Great Benefit but no space for growing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando FlJuly 11, 2018
There is no team work managers don't like that here. They keep track of how many times you use the restroom . how much time you take to get water and of curse there is always someone that like to speak about others and backstab you just to get managers on there side .Very Poor management is very uncommon to see a manager working side by side with employees or even helping them when is needed.
Pros
Great shift hours
Cons
Management is very poor you are on your own if there is any problem. No manager is willin to help.
False Advertising
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJuly 9, 2018
I was told that I would be assisting guests to their rooms, callling cabs, running errands and much more by the description. A big lie. I was placed in at the front door only to open it for 8 hours. No confirmed lunch break. The management had poor communication about my start date as if my hiring manager just said yeah, yeah and it went in one ear then the other. They screwed up my drug test with an outdated request form. It seems that they don’t have their act together and will say anything to get people in the door. I lasted three hours and had doubts before my shift even began. Not worth the drug test and backround check to be a doorstop. False advertising.
Poor work place
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 7, 2018
Very dysfunctional! Poor management! Nobody minds their own business! This place is just like a high school! I would would never recommend anyone to work here!
Pros
There are none
Cons
Everything is just horrible
Fun place to work at and great employees
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJuly 4, 2018
I really enjoyed working at westgate, the management and employees were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this job to anyone. It was truly a great experience.
Excelente
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 3, 2018
Es una empresa excelente, que ayuda al trabajador.
Fun work place environment.
Dayline Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2018
Westgate taught me a lot about business, sales, professionalism, and management. They're are a great company for someone wanting to grow and require guidance. Everyone there was a team player.
Westgate Resorts
Senior Financial Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2018
Manage Software Applications and implementations. Manage user accounts and software issues. Raise software technical requests as needed
I have learned a lot while working for this company by hard work and doing research.

A pretty good private company to work for taking into consideration the company culture.

Westgate has standard benefits, Vacation, Sick, Bereavement, Jury Duty leave. Team Member gets Major Holidays off, Health,Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K,Daily Pay, Direct Deposit.
Pros
Stable Company - growth opportunities available for a select few
Cons
Job recognition is slow and training is not something that the company wants to pay for.
Hostile work enviroment/Management
Painter (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJune 30, 2018
Management didnt fully understand the things it took to do the job I was hired to do. Never had enough materials to complete numerous task that I was expected to complete in a certain time.
Do not work here
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 29, 2018
I would not recommend anybody to work at Westgate, The managers are very nice but don't expect to move up in the company unless you are Hispanic. If you are not Hispanic working in the housekeeping department be ready for people to stare at you and treat you bad.
Pros
Good benefits, Paid Time off
Cons
Low Pay, Discrimination
love the job
Manager of Verification and Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 22, 2018
• Started as a sales representative and was promoted on Jan 1999 to Manager of Verification Loan Officers
• Developed a large portfolio of customers and referrals, kept a low rate of cancellations by saving sales
• Maintained fiduciary
• Verbal and written communications in English and Spanish
• Showed good attitude and respect to fellow co-workers, and superiors
• Ensure top performance and met set goals and quotas
• Obtained training and attended numerous sales techniques training seminars
• Earned trust and respect from customers and colleagues within the time-share industry
• Maintained constant follow-up with transactions in progress, closed, in-house owners, and with new prospects
Westgate Family
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJune 19, 2018
Westgate has given back to both our community and team members. When you join our team, you join our family.
I've been given many opportunities to grow with the company.
Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 19, 2018
Its an okay place to work for. keep your head down and mouth shut and just do as you are told. A Job is a job thats how I see it. Work is work and money is money.
Horrible place to work
Private (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJune 17, 2018
Well let me start off by saying the GM has no Idea about restaurant managing horrible. The place is being run into the ground ,and the waste on food is astronomical . The kitchen is in very bad shape and they go through chefs like water there . People need to seriously consider what the maybe jumping into.very bad place to work . And the pay is bad as well.
Pros
Just a few good people that have left already
Terrible Environment for Greeters
Greeter/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2018
It's supposed to be a simple job but the management makes it unbearable. The directors and even other departments babysit the greeters like children. The greeters are supposed to be a "fun team" yet they prefer to see greeters standing in their posts like statues and not to talk to each other. There isn't even a proper break room; greeters are expected to travel all the way up to the employee cafeteria on the second floor (which can take a few minutes to do) for their 10 minute breaks and 30 minute lunches, shortening the break times. On top of that, the greeter department is one of the only departments in the hotel that cannot receive free food from the employee cafeteria or the timeshare food court located across from the team's office. In fact, greeters can get terminated if caught eating food from the food court or cafeteria, so greeters are left responsible for their own lunches for their 8-hour days. The only thing slightly worth it was the pay, which is decent for the little responsibility, but not worth the stress over getting written up or terminated over almost anything. Greeters are also prohibited from accepting tips which made it less worth it. Human Resources does nothing about the department either. Basically, the turnover rate is high for a reason and I do not recommend applying here. I only lasted about a month.
Pros
Mediocre Pay, Guaranteed Hours
Cons
Poor Management, Overly Strict Policies, Bad Environment, No Free Food
party every friday
operation clerk (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 11, 2018
we celebrate the first Friday on the month it is a big hotel and we learn a lot everyday we learn how to handle guests and more experience to be more active and friendly
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short break
Fast pace and fun work environment
Receptionist/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2018
Working at Westgate was very fun my manager and all my co workers made it easy to get up and want to go to work. Also getting to help guests come in and relax and make them feel pampered and like they were getting their money’s worth. I will never forget the team I got to work with amassing company amazing people working there it’s all about the guests
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Relaxed but unstructured
On Call Banquet Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 7, 2018
Pretty relaxed company but pretty unstructured. Owners and management tend to be very old school. The benefits packages and health insurance could be a lot better to make them a more competitive choice.
Buen ambiente laboral
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 6, 2018
Crear una atmósfera optima para las ventas, trabajar en un ambiente acelerado
Pros
Vacaciones flexibles
Cons
Sin seguro medico
Alot of unhealthy fraternizing
Certified Field trainer (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SC 29577June 5, 2018
too much micro managing, improper relationships and scapegoating. A lot of unfair treatment of certain employees. on the plus side, it was very organized and the property for the most part, was very appealing.
Pros
organization
Cons
hostile work enviornment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westgate Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight