Westgate Resorts

Westgate Resorts Employee Reviews

United States1,294 reviews
Found 1,294 reviews matching the search
In house sales - set your own appointments with owners and guests. Must be able to stay fluid and talk/influence prospects. Performance based pay with benefits
Pros
flexible schedue
Cons
no employee break area/ inconsistnet compensation... highly seasonal
High turnover rate for this call center. Little room for growing in company. Management doesn’t care about their agents and overloads them with work and company goals that are hard to reach. If you don’t reach those goals, they cut your commission.
Pros
Minimum 14/hour.
Cons
Benefits are horrible, management team is apathetic, overloads agent with work from 3 different departments and no raise.
They are Fair and management is ok to work for. They are fairly flexible and will work with you if needed. There is no holiday pay, but they do give you a flex day to use instead
The in House Sales Representative is not a job that everyone can do. It takes a certain mindset and mentality to succeed, along with great political skills and understanding. Top performers are "chosen", and management can turn someone with no skills into a superstar...and make a superstar want to quit, by "starving" them out.
Pros
Schedule, training, work life balance, pay, hours
Cons
Political, high stress, fast paced, Wolf of Wall Street mentality
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Everybody is nice kind love to work there it is a very fast pace Hotel and Casino the benefits a very good the hotel treats their employees like family
Pros
The whole place friendly
Cons
N/a
● Work-life balance
At the time, I was working 2 jobs so it wasn’t good for me.

● Overall

It’s a great place to work if you are okay with working in a casino. The job isn’t hard and it’s a great job to have. At the time, I had another job so I didn’t have a great work life balance lol
Always on the move, very physical job and it is In the heat. Very hands on, always learning something new every day. If you like physical activities this is a great job.
Upper management are a##holes and are narcissistic and play victim. Was completely underpaid for what I did for that company. Treated their employees like sh#t.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Management, salary, benefits
They responded horribly with COVID-19 and laid me off forever and clearly hired favorites back. I never did anything wrong for them to justify my unemployment but whatever I don’t care, just don’t work for this company. Managemant sucks especially in V.i.p services .
Pros
Freedom to do bs on the clock
Cons
Management terrible
A typical work day was meeting and greeting guest
What I learned is how to overcome sales objections, management was there whenever I needed assistance, theres always training going on if you need it. The hardest part was sales, but once you closed on a sale it was rewarding, it takes time to learn a skill but that's with any employer you start. I'm just glad that I was given the opportunity to join the team. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet and have conversations with different people of different culture's, over breakfast and lunch. I also loved taking the guests on tours of the resort.
Pros
Free Lunches LOL!
Cons
No health care
When you go to a sales interview with these people, they lie through their teeth about the job, the money, the opportunity. When you do get through the training, after the starry eyed period, you realize it's all a scam and you start to feel bad for the people who actually buy time share. It's all a money grab.BUT, you won't see much of that money at all. Customers decide not to pay? It comes out of your pocket, you have to leave because of Covid and it not being safe? They categorize you as fired.
There is a harassment atmosphere here, no one cares, its like used car sales but worse. Upper management will humiliate you if you are not selling a ton and they promote the people who lie to customers. It's all about the bottom line. To sum up, don't do it, if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is.

I was told not to quit until my "draw" was maxed out because I won't see my reserve, they'll keep it no matter what. (Reserve is money they take from you in case customers don't pay, 10%). So I'm waiting until I max out and then bye bye.
Pros
Free coffee and discounts to local attractions.
Cons
Unethical and stressful coworkers/management
this is a timeshare business your work from home and on your time frame. You get people to spend a weekend at different locations and hopefully they will enjoy they're stay and want to purchase a property.
It was a pretty standard experience. Work life balance was pretty okay as well. You received perks to attend the theme parks from the company. To reiterate it was a job. it helped pay the bills.
Management does not care for their employees only about their quotas. They don’t pay their sales people fairly other companies have better pay scales. They discriminate and are racists trust me I’ve seen it first hand. I have no idea how they get away with it. Your worth is much more .. pass on this company!
Pros
Park discounts
Cons
Too many to list
Some of the best in the business. Pay structure is a little iffy, you don't necessarily get paid your due if you decide to leave or get fired. Overall, I enjoyed the time I spent and definitely got to learn a lot.
Worked for Westgate for many years they are fair and care about their employees I had to leave and because I moved away to care for my mom But miss it
Pros
Great people from executives to managers
Cons
Fun job, something new everyday, good management, advancement opportunities, stay away from the drama and the job is great. Management works with your schedule.
Pros
Training, advancement opportunity
Cons
Pay
Work for the company for over 13 years and no cons just pros. They empower you to take over. Great place to work. Nice team members. I felt very appreciated
Pros
Corporate support, great leadership
Cons
No cons
I highly recommend that you DO NOT work here!
There was so much drug usage/drinking of alcohol and smoking that happens on property!! This place is a joke, so many crooked managers, supervisors and sales. Most of the "hotel rooms" are outdated and just plain gross. Way too many guest complaints and nothing that you can do about it. The golf carts all needed brakes around this time and they would rather you have an accident in one than fix it.
Pros
Cons
Liars
This is a very interesting place to work. As security, it is our job to provide a safe and pleasant environment for guests/owners to enjoy, and for employees to be safe while at work. Security has a lot of responsibilities, from maintaining a master key cabinet for securing and opening buildings, assisting guests with room lockouts, guest safety/medical with basic CPR/AED/First Aid certification, assist first responders whenever necessary, and over all, enforcing policy across the resort. Security starts at $13/hr, with a $0.35/hr shift differental from 12:00am to 6:00am. For as much responsibility, licenses, training and certifications security requires, several other departments make more than us; Front Desk($14/hr+comm.), Engineering($14/hr) and Transportation($14/hr) just to name a few. It's depressing to know that those who have less required of them get paid more.

UNFORTUNATELY, policy is very rarely enforced when it comes to guests. For example, you complain about an obnoxious guest above you, after so many complaints against the problem unit, contacting said guests, bringing the Manager on Duty(MOD) to the unit to speak with the problem guests, we offer a room move to the COMPLAINANT! How does that make sense. Sorry these guests have bothered you, so let's inconvenience you even more by asking you if you want to move out from under the idiots... Instead of evicting the problem guests, we make an already upset guest even more upset by uprooting their stay to give them another room.... IF WE HAVE ONE. Sometimes the MOD or security just have to apologize for the problem
 - more...
Pros
Hard to be fired, decent work/life balance since they don't allow overtime, decent upper management
Cons
Lack of training, immediate supervision lacks something to be desired, hire unqualified people
People will make you feel home if you aint Psycho ! I worked for a few years and every moment was a delightful moment, got to meet a lot of people that is focus in their life!
Pros
People is great