Westgate Resorts Employee Reviews

Active
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 14, 2018
Clean from 4 to 6 rooms a day.
All rooms have kitchen. The bigger rooms with Jacuzzi.
The hardest part of cleaning room, was the continues bed linen that we had to through out and time wasting it was. But in all it was a very good experience and the joy of some of the quest the one could see when they enter a room you cleaned.
Pros
Active
Cons
No overtime pay
Good place to start
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 12, 2018
I have not much to say about this place other than there are options and if you know where to look you will find things and a better place to work and grow
Resort Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNAugust 11, 2018
Fast paced and never a dull moment. Lots of changes happening over the last 2 years. The wildfires changed a lot of day to day duties for many departments
Driver
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 9, 2018
Driver for hours, pick up people, drive to beach to hotel, like talk to the people from other state on vacation with their family's and see the Joy on people faces
Fun Day line Work flow
Timeshare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2018
When starting off there is no sense of job security. You go through an intense training program. Majority of people get fired within 90 days no sense of job security.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job Security
hard work
industrial machines totes, housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNAugust 9, 2018
it was a good place to work at , unfortunately I was only there tempory. it was very physical and long days pay was good though at 12.00 an hour sustainable and hour and job security . its burnt down though from the Gatlinburg fires
nice place for work
Hausekeeping (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 8, 2018
west gate is a great hotel, in my experience working in this company I have been able to learn about the hotel organization and the excellent service that all staff provide to the guest.
fun place, good hard working people, friendly place
Certified Field Trainer Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hollister, MOAugust 7, 2018
good people to work with, i just wish they could pay more for the work that was done i know they are trying to keep their budgets down, also the healthcare was so expensive i couldn't afford to buy into it
Fun environment
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2018
Loved working for Westgate, left for personal reasons, which have since been resolved or I'd still be there. The people are fun and I developed lasting friendships.
Productive and everyday I learned something new
Social Media Manager / Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2018
I was happy at Westgate Resorts. The office and all my coworkers are great. I liked the way we talked all together, we had meetings, the environment was amazing.
Good pay, but bad management.
Marketing Coordinator / Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOAugust 1, 2018
At the time, it was a difficult experience. I felt that the management was dysfunctional at best. They had trouble keeping managers for any length of time. Also, there appeared to be some corruption going on as well. All of this may have changed since then.
Productive hospitality
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJuly 30, 2018
A typical day at work here is on the regular. That means you know what to expect most of the time. Of course, working in the hospitality industry you cannot expect nothing to be a bit off. Marketing management here was a fast paced position however. The key to this job was making good relationships with vendors, clientele and helping with the sales of times shares at Westgate.
This job worked well for me at the time and was fairly flexible.
Westgate Resorts
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2018
A typical Day working on Strip in Las Vegas consited of me Greeting people and helpimg them plan they stay here in Las Vegas, as well as showing them ways to obtain discount tickets to shows and ways to come back to Las Vegas. i like most about the job of being, intangle with the multitude of people
Fun and effective workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJuly 26, 2018
Managed guests’ requests in an efficient manner include providing clean towels or shampoos for the customers. Always providing customers with the best housekeeping services. Throughout this job, I am able to communicate well with guests from different countries and culture backgrounds.
Fast pace.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 25, 2018
Good company to work for. Lots to do and gain. Do your job and pay attention and you will adapt easily. Always have a positive attitude, it’ll get you a lot working there.
Pros
Good relationships.
Cons
Crazy schedule.
Good starter job for Hospitality
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 25, 2018
Working for Westgate can be hectic because of the multitude of people staying in the resorts, but this is always what makes it interesting and fun. There is never a dull day. Employees meet guests from all over the world, and make friendships with fellow co-workers. At times it can be stressful. Because there are a lot of people, things happen and not everyone can is satisfied all of the time. You will have to deal with complaints quite often.
Pros
Paid vacation and sick days, meeting people from all over the world
Cons
crowded
They will always provide a job for you
Control Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 25, 2018
This company have all the options to grow in a positive way but management does not allow that to happen. Their judgement is base in their personal interest. Also, the field to grow it's been very poor. They consider in many circumstances for management positions people from outside than giving the opportunity to their own employees as motivational tool. Also if the person is outside from Florida much better for them, very sad but very true.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
No lots of benefits and zero opportunity to grow for management positions
It was alot of fun
Contract processor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 24, 2018
I enjoyed being at Westgate, wish one was out here in Houston I would of transfer my position. They have great medical, and loved working with everyone around me. Everyoone was there to help if we needed.
Pros
Free lunch
A hotel that is great for experiences, entertainments and eye opener!
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2018
Working at the Westgate Hotel will always play a major role due to the experiences I had. Starting from the very bottom and eventually started to run events onsite made it easier for me to wear different hands. The most enjoyable part of the job was my staff. I absolutely admired how the guys did well answering to a female as their Supervisor/Manager.
Pros
The staff, working downtown San Diego, the closeness of the different departments
Cons
The lack of communication between upper Management and their staff.
Worker
Porter (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJuly 18, 2018
Worst place to work the dont care about the employees dont know how to treat people stressful place to work they dont know how to run the place period.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westgate Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight