Westgate Resorts Employee Reviews

Supervise workplace employees and provode training
Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2018
Conduct property inspections for opening or closure procedure compliances. Attend or chair meetings. Respond to guest complaints or concerns and document as required.
Pros
Working with guest
Cons
Small wok force
Good
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNNovember 29, 2018
Good place to work. Good people to work with. Have the opportunity to grow with a lot of international options to do so. Most people seem to enjoy. .
Pros
People
Cons
Hours
Fun Place to work
Travel Club Administration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 29, 2018
Fun place to work, only down fault is hours are never met. This job is more like for a college student that still lives with his/her parents. everyone is very nice and it's like a big family. Unfortunately bills have to be paid
great job
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN /SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 27, 2018
Fast paced and great environment to work. I worked here back in 2012-2013 and i really liked this job. I would definitely work there again.Kept me busy and on my feet.
HR needs to step up
VIP Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 22, 2018
My biggest issue with working here is they're work force management. I had an issue with one of them taking me off the schedule without letting me know prior and giving my shift to someone else. This is a union job so that is not allowed. While fighting this situation they suspended me without pay for three months even though I won the case. I still have not been put on the schedule properly and this issue started in August, its now the end of November. It sucks because this is a union job and it does have the potential of giving you benefits however, it's super slow and there's not alot of traffic so you'll be lucky to get maybe one shift a week. I'm still on the schedule just in case they need to call me in, but it's not worth it. My one manger is incredible, none of the issues I've had are regarding him. But HR and Workforce are not on the same page and I'm still having issues.
Pros
Union
Cons
Workforce Management
profesionally run with many rewards for serious minded individuals who looked to have a future in timeshare sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 20, 2018
the training was very intenst I didnt agree with the overall culture this is all i care to share at this time. I will give more detail if granted an interview.
Pros
We had a superior product to market and sell
Cons
westgate culture was not what I had in mind when I accepted the position
It's alright as long as you're ok with it
Host (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2018
My job consists of vetting customers for a timeshare tour and sending them to spend the next few hours of their vacation in a sales presentation they probably won't enjoy.
Pros
Free rein, straightforward work
Cons
No clear timeline for breaks, constant vigilance for things to do
It was a great place to work
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 17, 2018
My manager and i didn't always get along, he didn't respect other employees. Made life difficult before i put in notice,upper management was great to work for but they didnt respond to his actions.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
My GM was not well to work with as time went by
Shady
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2018
Work as an OPC you're treated great if you're in the clique! A lot of favoritism on locations tours getting NQed when send them even though you know they were qualified! More favoritism! Your budget is too small so you have to collect more money than people want to give out! A lot of Opcs lying just to get the tour..id rather have quality than quantity..they make it so cutthroat there is no employee comrade and a lot of stabbing others in the back! It's stressful and some locations are outside in 120 degree heat and some are in places so loud you have hearing issues at end of shift! And some managers don't want to help you or answer questions ..its a rotating door..unless you like to lie to people and get them to lie about their qualifications it's a street hustler job! Very unprofessional people. Shady goings on ..not good!
Pros
Meet people from all over
Cons
Short breaks..short lunch..excessive weather ..backstabbing
Terrible
ADMINISTRATIVE MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 15, 2018
Terrible, unstable, long hours, disrespected, lack of appreciation, no room for advancement unless you "played the game"!! High turn over, minimal training but expected high performance, immediately!!!
Very kind people to work for.
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2018
Team members and management are very kind and professional. Plenty of opportunity to be promoted within the company. Constant employee recognition programs to keep employees feeling appreciated.
Pros
Free lunch & Discounts.
Cons
Health Insurance is expensive.
Great company HORRIBLE co workers and culture
Housekeeper Runner (Former Employee) –  Westgate Lakes Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2018
There’s soooo much to say about this department. I started as a housekeeper runner. Not my first choice but it was something I wanted to try and grow from.

First off the company is great and there seems to be room for advancement, raises etc. The department in my location was very, VERY disorganized.... The housekeeping training was strict but overall a good learning experience but when it came time to learn how to train as a runner it became very confusing from there on, it’s not that I can’t handle or learn like an average person would because I could, the problem was heavily on what the “trainer” taught (or lack of) and what I didn’t learn that I was taught through mistakes. The trainer I was given was very comfortable at this job and didn’t seem to really care about the requests the job included (ex: run sheets, brooms, etc to clients and housekeepers) ... the older house men and housekeepers were very moody and didn’t seem to want to help when what I didn’t learn came into question such as what sheets to grab, where I can find this or that. I came off as a bother and didn’t want to understand that I was trained wrong or wasn’t explained something. My trainer wasn’t even a real trainer just a guy with seniority over 10 years and was yelled at in front of me during my training for throwing trash into another golf cart.
Management was nice but had so much going on that they were oblivious to what the runners were all doing that wasn’t to company policy. Call me a goody two shoes but I follow the rules to keep my job which most of the veteran runners did not to the point
  more... that I felt the job wasn’t somewhere I wanted to be anymore when everyone did and said whatever was easiest for them. I still don’t understand how most these employees still had a job.
Not to mention the segregated groups (like being in prison) depending on your country of origin, some Puerto Ricans gave me attitude for whatever reason once they found out I wasn’t Puerto Rican (does that really matter in a work place??? Apparently it did) 90+% in the department were Haitian or PR and RARELY spoke English. Luckily I was bilingual and knew how to at least communicate.
About a month in I put in my resignation and I explained everything to the management who literally told me that they knew it was disorganized!!! even some of the new hires I was with felt the same way and quit along the way as well. I suggest a different department or even company to be honest....
Pros
$1 lunches with lots of food, set schedule from the beginning, decent pay
Cons
Veteran co workers, Company made you late for lack of golf carts!!, lack of diversity, NO ONE seems okay being there, NO teamwork, “Every man for themselves” mindset
Very nice hotel casino lots of on site amenities for guest to enjoy
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 5, 2018
Productive and fun workplace just needs lots of repairs unfortunately a lot of the guest checking in will experience I’m comfortable accommodations in their rooms and it is your responsibility to try to find them a more accommodating unit unfortunately with the property being under constant renovation rooms are limited so in most cases you’re stuck with her unhappy customers with nothing you can do about it although still employed with Westgate I am seeking a new job with a better company
Poor management
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLNovember 1, 2018
Manager does not know how to do anything. Everything is a big mess because they are not organize, housekeeper manager the same. Both are so bad for WestGate Company
Fun work place
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNOctober 27, 2018
Fun place to work for. Love the people. Insurance is really high cost. Westgate employees get 1 week paid vaction after 1st 90 days plus 5 paid sick days.
Cons
Insurance cost is to exspensive
Not the best place for honest managers
Timeshare Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2018
Managers make you think you're selling one thing and you really sell something else and deceive your clients. This is not the way to conduct business at all.
Great place would go back in a second!
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2018
Great company to work for. David Seigel definitely cares about his employees. There are rewards and reward ceremonies. The commission and bonuses are more than generous. I would love to go back but I need a little more savings first.
Pros
Everyone is a pleasure to work with and for, parties, reward ceremonies, great pay
Cons
I don't feel like their business is honest in their dealings
Park City Activations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2018
Working for Westgate felt like a I was working as a bad buy here, pay here used car lot. They will not hesitate to take a customer for all they have. I just felt like I was a crook working there.
Employee focused work environment with lots of advancement opportunities
Front Office Manager - Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 11, 2018
Westgate is a fantastic company to work for that I am proud to be a part of. From line level to upper management everyone works hard to take care of our guests. Every benefit imaginable is offered and employees are always given lots of opportunity to prove themselves and advance. Meet lots of people from all over the world and build friendships and bonds with your team members that will last a lifetime.
Es un buen trabajo pero poco sueldo para lo exigido
Mantenimiento (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLOctober 10, 2018
Se trabaja bajo un buen ambiente de trabajo pero por falta de organizacion los encargados de departamentos no estan a la altura del reto
Pros
Buen Ambiente de trabajo
Cons
Poco suelso

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westgate Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight