Westhab, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good for Experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYApril 23, 2018
Westhab Inc. is only useful for work experience. The environment is stressful. Management provides some verbal instructions that aren't documented to cover them when something goes wrong. I've learned to make sure all instructions are documented to avoid being the fall guy. The staff is deceptive and cut throat. Benefits were okay.The hardest part of the job was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new clients/residents.
Pros
Great for experience and meeting people, networking.
Cons
Poor management, required to work 8.5 hours but not paid for the additional half hour, verbal instructions from management that come back to bite you.
Healthy workplace environment
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 15, 2018
Westhab is a great company to work for, they are client and employee centered. The work environment is healthy and they are always looking for new ways to boost staff morale. The company is true to their mission about impacting communities they serve
Productive Place
Fire Safety Coordinator/ Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYMarch 8, 2018
Great place to work. The environment is challenging and empowering overall it is a pleasure to work here. The staff members are greatly motivated and out going.
Work Day
Community Services Advocate (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYFebruary 28, 2018
This job was very fulfilling, helping others is something I really enjoy doing. Most of the staff was great. Most of the clients were amazing to work with. Collaborating with other similar agencies to help the community was also a very exciting part of the job.
In Summary
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 24, 2018
Overall company theme is good and contingent upon your site assignment experience can be varied. Company needs to work harder at working with its employees.
Vision and Mission
Director of Property Management (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NY 10701February 14, 2018
The organization has a strong and important mission and vision to provide quality, affordable low income housing and special needs housing.

I was proud to be a part of its planning, operations and success.

Leadership was focused and disciplined.

Customer/Client service and care was paramount in everything we did.

Relationships with outside agencies and professionals was always respectful and professional which helped us to conduct our business as effectively as possible.
Pros
Intelligent leadership
Cons
The work never ended.
Westhab is the company for you if you don’t plan to stay long.
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 17, 2017
Westhab is about numbers. They don’t really care about you as a person giving your all for the company. They tell you not to worry when you do your job to end up terminated as if you didn’t follow protocol. Westhab does not give you warnings they do things behind your back and if you make a complaint you're for sure on the chopping block. Supervisors only become concern when their jobs are at stake not yours. No one is safe this company.
Pros
Work freely
Cons
Poor supervision
A lot of work but very challenging.
AR Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 7, 2017
We have a lot of work in the company but it is all very challenging. we have a great management support and the President is very nice and approachable.
Great Company Overall
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 17, 2017
Westhab as a whole is a great company, and does amazing things for the community. The department that I currently work with is slow paced, and my position is not challenging at all. If you work and go to school this would be a perfect set up, as you could study during work hours when the pace is extremely slow.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not Challenging, Advancement Within Only After a Year of Employemt
good job
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 16, 2017
case management work throughout the day helping families receive benefits that they were entitled to as well as finding prevention programs for the families

Want to know more about Westhab, Inc?

Ask a question
bottom staff fun to work with/coordinators and directors are cut-throat
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 28, 2017
I learned that if you dont get your task or instructions in writing, it can go aginsted you in the long run. You have supervisors that pose as your friend and give the feeling that they care, then they will use you to dump all their work on their subornates.
Pros
most staff are pleasant
Cons
the fire you with cause and refuse to cultivate workers of darker skin
Excellent Support
Community School Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2017
Westhab is a great place to grow and develop the skills necessary to elevate and expand beyond the entry level position. I have learned an amazing amount and the wisdom gained is irreplaceable.
It's a lot to deal with
Client Care monitor (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Worked in a family shelter. Had to deal with many different ethnicities/cultures/attitudes and families. It is a rewarding experience as I did enjoy aiding the families in there. However, my supervisor had a "God" complex, meaning, only their word mattered, and it was a "Do as I say, not as I do" attitude. Every complaint I gave in reference to unprofessional, disrespectful, sexist conduct among the guards fell on deaf ears.
Pros
loved helping families
Cons
very bad management
Silent Giant in New York
Community School Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 1, 2016
Excellent work environment, support, and culture. I have no complaints at all, though I am looking for a role that further escalates my current skill-set. I am prepared to take on more responsibility as well as challenged myself to a much more fluid position.
Professional & Active
Housing Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 23, 2016
Westhab continues to expand its influence throughout Westchester county, and provide a challenging environment for employee excellence. I recommend them for employment to anyone interested.
A Place after the Storm
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYJanuary 23, 2016
checking in the residents, making sure rooms are comfortable. Knowing that the children are safe and had a rewarding day.
A good place to work as it helps many people in the community
Health Care Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYAugust 1, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company because it provided valuable and necessary help to the community. My co-workers as well as management worked very well together. There was a team work environment and I truly liked that
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not much for growth potential
a very perductive work enviornment
Teen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYJuly 5, 2015
*it a get place to stay active
*how to interact with different attitudes
*boss is great
*co-workers all have different ways of doing things makes life fun
*staying in one place
*staying active withe the people
Pros
great place
Cons
non
productive company helping others better them selfs
Data Entry, Filing, and Faxing (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 29, 2015
i really like working for westhab. helping people find jobs, building resume and cover letters, setting up interviews, helping provide bus pass for the interview and also providing the right clothing attires.
Pros
free lunch, snacks, great work environment
Cons
don't have any cons
Welcoming Environment
Client Care Monitor (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYMay 5, 2015
Working overnight shifts on the weekend is great because I am able to bond with some of the residents better than during the hectic work week.
Pros
Overtime