Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC Employee Reviews

corporate centered
CAE SENIOR ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2018
Corporate main office not in touch with actual project development and progression. Does not really care about employees, just the people in the corporate office.
Pros
pay
Cons
finger pointing
work
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 11, 2018
the work can be very stressful, and some time a little hard. you have to work overtime and sometime holidays that you are plan to be off
and sometime are made to work 7days a week .
Nice people, work can be rewarding, just not managed well.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PANovember 16, 2018
Overall the people you work with day to day are great the environment is professional.

Management is just not good, don't know the basics and not appropriate at times for the nuclear industry. Customer is not always first. They talk the talk but do not walk the walk. They say safety and quality are number one but in practice schedule and budget win the day.

They will hold engineers accountable if you are professional and hold up a delivery because you won't sign off test or V&V results that the product is complete when it does not meet requirements or doesn't even work.

on the bright side they do not give you a hard time if you need to work from home or take a sick day.
Pros
flexible work schedules, can work at home.
Cons
silos, throw a lot of problems over the fence.
Very little work
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHNovember 10, 2018
Business has remained slow, RIFs have taken place. The overall business picture is not good. No new work coming in make the work environment one of concern.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Too many lay-offs
good place to work
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHNovember 9, 2018
unfortunately due to lack of work I was laid off.
Union shop
good pay and benefits
this is where they make parts with engineers, welders and machinists
Pros
pay and benifits
Cons
lack of work
No executive leadership.
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PANovember 8, 2018
Communication of company goals, at least in the IT area, was very poor. Hi level plans lacked detail and there was no coordination of multiple overlapping initiatives.
Great Co workers
Mechanical Enginee (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTNovember 6, 2018
It was a great experience and the company had many great talents. professional staff and the work was always rigorous. I learned a lot from those Westinghouse Electric.
Pros
cakesand company bbq
Cons
work on weekends at times.
generally good to work
engineer (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PANovember 1, 2018
mix of good and bad management. Work environment much better then a mill. Seems like generally too much management hierarchy which causes cross communication issues or lack of proper communication to achieve business goals.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Extensive Traveling
Construction Manager Field Services (Former Employee) –  Madison, PAOctober 29, 2018
Travel 10 months out of the year. Some management was great, while others had very little experience. Great money, but if you have a family you will hardly see them. Health benefits have gone down hill over the years. They no longer have a pension, just a 401K. It is really sad what happened to this company.
7 years ago it was a fantastic place to work. Today, you're lucky to still have a job when you walk in.
System Technician I (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 27, 2018
I started at Westinghouse a little under a decade ago. It was an amazing place to work with great people. There was also a family event every few months and a Christmas party every year. I was to low on the totem pole to know what happened but it's become a shell of its former self. You're lucky to walk in and the cafeteria to actually be serving food that day. People constantly get walked out for almost no reason except "We failed our AP1000 project and even though it's not your fault, we have to let you go." There is massive lay offs while the CEO and those around him still receive massive raises and bonuses. It's been very hard to watch this company I once loved to work for completely crash and erase everyone that put there all in. That's not to say that things won't eventually get better. But at the time of this review, you don't know if you're even going to have your job tomorrow. I truly hope things get better.
Pros
Flex Time, decent healthcare
Cons
Massive layoffs regularly
Good company
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHOctober 27, 2018
My daily process was to read emails and work the inspections that were available to me. I would follow the guidelines and procedures of the company.
The culture and management of the company was good, we worked together as a team to work through our daily workloads.
Pros
Supportive.
Cons
na
Sad work environment.
Principal Supply Chain Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAOctober 26, 2018
Since exiting bankruptcy, there is little management communication with employees and a lay-off culture exists.

Always waiting to see if you will be laid off is no way to work.
No commitment to their employees!
SENIOR ENGINEERING SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAOctober 24, 2018
Should have stayed with CB&I but was chosen by Westinghouse when they acquired the Nuclear Division from CB&I. Work long hours and don't even get a thank you for it. Watch out!
good company to work for
Site Support Management Technician Build Tech (Former Employee) –  Madison, PAOctober 22, 2018
The only issue is that because of the new ownership there could be lay offs which make the company unstable when it comes to employment. This is a good company to work for.
Pros
good environment
Cons
possible lay offs
typical
Records Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 17, 2018
It is a typical work environment. Job security was problem as i was laid off about a year ago. It was good experience and added to my resume, i was sorry to get laid off.
fast paced company who valued their employees home life
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAOctober 12, 2018
Westinghouse was willing to work with you on hours if needed for kids and family issues. They offered both vacation time and unlimited sick time. Most facilities have a cafeteria and gym.
Your manager and/or assigned work group define the work atmosphere.
PRINCIPAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCOctober 10, 2018
I was located in a remote office so advancement was limited.
Work assignments could sometimes have gaps depending on your background and the workload in that group/department in headquarters.
Pros
My manager was very straightforward and therefore easy to work for, and he was also very flexible up to corporate policy.
Cons
Currently going through restructuring and are having labor force reductions.
Not great culture in the Nuclear division of the company
Scheduling Specialist II/Project Controls (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 9, 2018
Not great culture in the Nuclear division of the company. Higher management not in tune with the overall input of the ones in the every day trenches of the company.
Stressful and on business is declining
Progrm Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 3, 2018
Westinghouse is stressful place to work, the upper management is very poor and their business position is declining. Cannot recommend seeking a job there
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of advancement possibilities, poor upper manaagement, declining business, poor business model.
I would recommend this company to people.
PRODUCTION/MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 3, 2018
I really liked my job, shift, crew, supervisor and, manager. Great money and, benefits. Wish I would have been trained better than I was. Asked for help after being on short term disability for 6 weeks after losing my brother and, instead of getting help I made a couple mistakes in procedures and, lost my job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
lack of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight