Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
entry level job
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2018
This is a decent role to get started in the field. Many recent changes in the company, management and goals. Difficult industry at the present time.
Was considerate of the busy lives of their employees
System Integration Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJuly 16, 2018
The company allowed for a stress free environment, with multiple options to aid in your 'out of workplace' life, including; daycare. gym, pnc bank, mail room, cafeteria, game room.
Just okay
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
The job was decent. If your looking for a decent enviorment then this is for you. They people are nice but some of the staff were messy and rude. Chose wisely
Pros
Employee Moral
Cons
short breaks
I was thankful to work at one company for 30 years
Senior Web Specialist/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed and learned a lot in my 30 years at Westinghouse. I was an excellent employee and enjoyed my job. In the last couple of years the company was not the greatest to work for. After my 30 years my position was eliminated.
Pros
Was a nice company to work for
OK place to work.
Production Control Aide (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJuly 10, 2018
It was an OK place to work. Very repetitive work, and I could go for days without speaking to anyone, just do the work. It does have a nice cafeteria with plenty of options. Authorized up to 50 hours. When worked slowed they laid off lots of people, only to need to go hire a bunch of people back a few months later when it work increased again.
technology
Project Manager Commercial Director (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 5, 2018
cutting edge technology with long record of advances. Good program for you engineers and scientists. Top facilities for management and nuclear technology. Looking ahead to future opportunities in power generation.
Pros
travel
Cons
hires from within office positions
Great Company
Software Developer/ Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 29, 2018
I was running a small project to provide access to a digital document library. I had great access to the technology and we provided the team with a system in remarkable time. The company was pleased and it was great experience for everyone.
Pros
Alot of freedom in your design
Bankrupt
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newington NhJune 28, 2018
Westinghouse are in chapter 11 Laying off no more pension no more severance package cl icky management your just a number. No future here people look else where for security
Pros
Cons
Layoff at any time now
Westinghouse
Project Manager/Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJune 26, 2018
I loved working for Westinghouse. It had a fantastic training program and provided me with excellent mentoring. Management was an example to all the employees. It was a wonderful experience.
challenging
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed my job but the company was very poorly managed, I loved the challenge of moving extremely heavy component's with fork trucks of various weight capacity's.
Pros
operating overhead cranes, learning new ways to rig
Cons
managment
Culture is improving
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAJune 18, 2018
Westinghouse is emerging from bankruptcy. The workplace environment is improving. However, Westinghouse will continue to struggle in the nuclear sector because of competing low cost or subsidized energy sources (natural gas and renewables, respectfully)
Cons
No supplemental pay incentives. A dated compensation model
It is a nice place to work.
Principal Engineer Civil/Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 11, 2018
It is a nice place to work.
I was a Resident Engineer & had authority to review & approve Subcontractor submittals. I was the liaison between the Vendor & the Home office.
Pros
Managers are friendly
Cons
Need to focus more on conforming the quality requirements & commitments
A Company on the Rise
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 8, 2018
In the midst of coming out of bankruptcy full-time employee's are on edge and it is a cutthroat business. I remember last year around this time I was on my phone renovating a home because I know I would be laid off shortly. Let me remind you I do not speak to anyone at the company. Just the normal hello and goodbye unless we are working on a project together. Someone reports I was using my cellular device too often (I only used it during lunch hours).
Pros
If you hold your position through the storm it may pay off
Cons
Monthly Layoffs
Good company
Cyber Security Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2018
Westinghouse is a good company to work for but the director level to VP level of management is very clueless on what really goes on. We are successful despite our inability to break down solos and address critical needs. It would be beneficial to the company when the old guard retires and the new generation gets their shot to run the place.
Great Company
Tooling Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 31, 2018
Westinghouse is a great company, they have afforded me the opportunity to get a masters. Great colleagues and work environment. My current chain of command is very supportive.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Some organizations have a country club environment
It was a great company when I started...
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 30, 2018
Was great when I started, but between the meltdowns in Japan and very poor executive management the company ended up in bankruptcy and sold to a new owner.

The work itself was interesting, and I got to work with some very skilled and knowledgeable people that taught me a great deal.

The situation that the work was done under was horrible. Functions that depended on each other's results were performed concurrently, with design changes in one place setting multiple other groups back constantly. As a result, the same work was done over and over again, with less and less time to do the work each time through. The constant mandatory overtime burned a lot of people out.

Hopefully the new ownership can make the needed changes and get the ship righted again.
good``
WecTec Contractor Employment (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 29, 2018
This is a good company. It is going bankrupt, losing clients/projects.
It is in a time of renewal being bought by another company. I was laid off 2 months prior to my contract end date as a single project the company was working on went bankrupt so they couldnt keep me on.
Challenging work enviornment
Engineering & Project Mgmt (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 28, 2018
Too many meetings and emails
Opportunities to move within the company
Opportunities to learn different aspects of the business from Engineering to Supply Chain Manaagement
It was a good comapny to have an internship with.
Nuclear Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 22, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Westinghouse, all of my coworkers were very nice and reached out to me to teach me new things about what they did. During my summer there I spent a lot of time in the lab testing their new and old software and finding out where it wasn't working correctly.
Very corporate environment
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAMay 22, 2018
An OK place to work because I was hired with a group of employees from my old company. Good office space. Limited opportunities for advancement within the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight