Westlake Financial Services Employee Reviews

Steady Employment
Software Engineer / DevOps (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2018
The IT department here is not very organized, but it is a decent place to get started in the industry. Westlake has a "sink or swim" mentality, does not promote advancement or skill enhancement.
You never know how the day will turn out
CHARGE OFF RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2018
We would receive incoming calls of all sorts of situations. I would do daily repossessions and skip tracing. I have seen many scenarios pertaining to a customers financial struggles and needs. Best part of my job was being able to assist a customer get their vehicles and helping them out with a payment plan. i received many great yelp reviews for my efforts.
Pros
incentives, gift cards for 5 star yelp reviews
Cons
short breaks, inconsistencies with recovery information and regulations
Can’t even put it all down, just run.
Dealer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2018
They set you up to fail. If you have a brain, you are expected to not use it. They set standards of work, in writing, but that is not what is expected. And they will constantly be hiring in your area to replace you. Even when you are succeeding it isn’t enough. You are expected to still work even when you are on PTO. If you make century club, which is an amazing accomplishment, does not make you safe. because if you fall the following month, you get written up. If you fall short of quota, they take money away. But if you exceed by the same amount, it doesn’t weigh the same way. Even if u get deals, YOU are financially penalized huge if one goes down. Constant battles with internal reps and they like it that way. You literally fight over dealers. They will try to put two or three more people in your area. And if you do take the job, be prepared.
Pros
The only pro is the free annual trip in December.
Cons
They will flood the area with sales people, and you constantly have to battle with internal sales people. They love it cut throat.
Excellent
Internal Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2018
Great place to work and grow... place where family is first. They always push you to grow has a person.... I been blessed to have been part of this team
Pros
Free lunch
Hardest Position In the Company
DEALER ACCOUNT MANAGER / INTERNAL SALES REP (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2018
The sales guidelines within Westlake Financial are extremely difficult to reach and there is a lot of favoritism between managers and "favorite" sales people and not enough attention to those who need more help
Quality Assurance Specialist
QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2018
Great co-workers and supportive managers. Repetitive work. Relatively low pay. Medical and dental benefits has a lot to improve. Good PTO days. Lots of employee engagement activities.
fun work to place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2018
everyday you learn something new.great people to work with happy environment games competition prizes and family oriented. if you are a hard working person you will get pay for your job.
Cons
Productive workplace on a daily basis.
Impound Specialist / Remarketing (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2018
Working at Westlake has brought out the best in me. I have been able to prove and show my exemplary skills as a hardworking character. It made me break out of my shell as i used to be very shy and hard to talk with. I now can talk to many different types of people, facilities, customers, etc.
Pros
Hour lunches, networking
Cons
Hard getting raises
Ok
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAAugust 21, 2018
Barely any training., your basically thrown to the wolves and expected to learn in your own. Just a short term job. Very stressful environment and atmosphere to work in.
productive
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2018
the company is a great place to start learning the finance job world good training program and great teachers you can grow fast in company if your ambitious and loyal the management is nice and the workers get along
Perfect Place to gain experience
Dealer Compliance Specialist/Jr Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2018
Westlake is the perfect place to gain your experience. The company opens the doors for you to be able to use what you've learned at bigger companies and be successful while you apply what you've learned here. Definitely requires a lot of training to its management team. Just like not every employee is the same, the same can be said about management. Some excel while others falter. Overall a decent experience but definitely not worth your career to be spent here.
Pros
Culture with peers is unlike any other
Cons
Management needs to improve vastly.
Management was the worst
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAJuly 29, 2018
Awful morale in the Agoura office. Management is nice but overbearing and micromanaging and speaks down to you like you are in kindergarden. The hours constantly change and there is no concern for employees well being,
Excellent
Asset Recovery General Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2018
Great place to develop your career. Very high paced , slackers don't make it here. Long hours but well compensated. Company definitely knows their direction they want to go. Very well led by Senior and Executive Management during my tenure.
Pros
Great Xmas Party
Cons
great company to work for except for morally corrupt ,unethical superior
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2018
spend 6 years with company as one of the top sales reps in country, until my supervisor concocted an agenda to terminate me so as to give my top producing dealers to a female rep that he was smitten by. HR never investigated facts and I was terminated with no due process.
Pros
if you are self motivated income is great
Cons
certain regionals are unethical and job and career can be ripped away without notice or reason
if you like a lot of stress and being mislead then this is the place for you.
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2018
I would never go back there. If you aren't in the "in" crown forget help or advancement. Company is out of CA and when you work here if they decide they want rid of you it make take them awhile but it will happen.
Relaxed environment but no accountability
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2018
Management was ok. You could tell they had their favorites as far as representatives. Coworkers were fun and easy to get along with. My coworkers made it feel like a team. Manage my could use a little more training.
Great company at the edge of technological innovation
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 2, 2018
Extremely competitive environment. Biggest sub prime financial institution in the country with excellent training program as well as exciting possibilities for increased income.
works well in other states, Ma is difficult
Northeast Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2018
company was great, Regional Managment favors a selected few, all those are the rep's doing well. was horrifed with a slew of things that happened, however not the company it is the people they have in charge
Horrible
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateApril 15, 2018
I soon found out why there is such a high turnover rate of employees after my first week at the company.The management team is the laziest ever and expect production with no help at all. Training was also horrible.
Pros
Cons
poor management, hours, expectations
Coworkers
Account Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2018
The culture at Westlake Financial is awesome. What make this place an awesome to work at is the people. Even the VPs, managers and supervisors are great.
Pros
Departments and team lunches, monthly prizes, coworkers!
Cons
no set work schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westlake Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Westlake Financial Services Reviews by Location