Westlake Financial Employee Reviews

management
Remarketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 17, 2018
Westlake is overall a great company to work for you get great experience and is an overall stepping stone to many positions and they hire a lot of internal employees because they know they have great knowledge and will be successful
Worked in teams the atmosphere was great
ASSET COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2018
We worked in teams when we hit a number we celebrated on the floor too let other teams know that we were on top and back and forth it went. My team we were on top for 10 straight months. The director of the department always noting and sending out emails about the camaraderie our unit had. Our supervisor on her would take the unit out to eat dinner!
Pros
Took us to vegas for christmas
Cons
Come month end 12 hour days
Westlake was ok
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 25, 2018
I found Westlake to be ok. I feel an area where westlake can improve is more training and hands on “work a deal in real time” training to better prepare their staff for the challenges they may face
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Proper training
overall good experience with the company
Collector / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2018
the issue here also was immediate manager; She did not give me the opportunity to learn and develop my skills. Other than that, I wouldn't mind working here again.
Negative work inviroment
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2017
Would not recommend this company as a positive work environment to work. Management is lacking in management skills and very unprofessional. No opportunity for growth.
Pros
Dealership Finance experience
Cons
Unprofessional enviroment
Not the best place to work
Senior Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2017
I worked there for a couple of years, it started out promising but it soon changed, can only speak for my department. I would not recommend working for them.
Awesome place to network
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2017
- 200 inbound calls while simultaneously continuing to build a positive customer relationship. Furthermore, management was extremely helpful considering how many debt collectors were cold calling at a time. The culture thrived on competitiveness and the only obstacle that a debt collector would face is persuading the client to pay for their delinquency. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Free red bull - awesome culture -
Stressful and cut throat
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2017
Company has high turnover! Job is extremely stressful! No work/life balance. Expect to work 10+ hrs daily and weekends. Very cut-throat business. You can make good money some months but there is no job security. Seen many 8-10yr tenured employees canned.
Pros
sometimes they have free lunches
Cons
No work/life balance. Too many hours
alright pay
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2017
personally to stressful and horrible hours. This job requires to much time and they do not work with you daily life. if is really hard to take a vacation and they require mandatory overtime.
Pros
great bonus
Cons
bad hours, stressful
Productive. Very Health Concious, Bikes, Gym, Led Stretch Breaks
Insurance Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2016
Its a fun place to work but there is high turnover. Fast Paced

Multicultural working environment.

There should bring their shuttle Service back.
Pros
Discount Bikes, perks for short trips
the most enjoyable part of the job
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 23, 2016
90 calls a day reaching our goal everysingle day,end of the month receive a bonus depending the task completed,great cow workers.
Productive,professional
CSR AND COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 14, 2016
Gained alot of experience, managers are ptoductive in training skills, they deal with alot if customers and give opportunity to experience agents or not experience
Competitive Work Environment
Call center collector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2016
Not the greatest place iv worked at. You must be able to not take opinions personal if your going to work for a call center. Paychecks were always short and never corrected unless you verify your hours, the way you get payed and made sure it was correct. Sexist workers including supervisors. Very few coworkers have a good work ethic. Emotionally it was the worst place to work at if your a woman. Unequal pay/ lack of respect and a lot of prejudice to overcome.
Being a collector is really tough if you have sympathy for others.
Pros
Great Pay if your a collector/ Benefits
Cons
Unprofessional and sexist employees.
Overall Good Company
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2016
As a Inside Sales Representative you get out of it what you put into it. They provide training but prospecting for dealers is on you. They will provide leads for un happy dealers that are not using them for one reason or another but new dealers that have never used Westlake are hard to find.
Nice place ro woek
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2016
Nice place to work. Looking to broaden my experience in other areas. Management treats employees respectfully. Always buying lunch and lots of off site activities. Friendly place, but it's so bonus based I need a steady check I have a family I can't depend on incoming calls to feed my children.
Pros
Free luches and activities
Cons
Excessive saturday work schdules monthly
production working enviornment, and i love how there is room to grow within the company
administrative assistant / data entry (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2016
-My work day consisted of filing paper work, making mail runs, assisting other co- workers with documents, making sure information is accurate in the system, processing car titles, and data entry.

- I learned how to be proactive doing multiple tasks at time, learned how to meet deadlines, learned how to pace myself when working so nothing gets over looked.

- Management at west lake is superb that is why i want to work there so i can move up and learn great work ethic because i potentially want to obtain a position in human resource

- My co-workers are very informative and know how to do there jobs and i really liked how to were willing to assist me with what i needed and i learn a lot from them business wise.

_the hardest part of any job be knew to the company and not knowing how things work. and i am some what of a slow learner so it took me a minute to understand the system and how things operate but, everyone was really patient with me and everything ended up working out.

-the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing how the real world works i have had high school positions for a while but, after i graduate from college i knew i wanted a better job so i can apply for the job i want which is working in human resource
Pros
free lunch, good work shift, training
Cons
when you first start you have to wait six months before you apply for another position there
Business leader for 30+ years
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2016
Excellent company!

Great long term opportunities!

Great training

Excellent ongoing training for the first 18 months!
Do not work for compliance or related department
Complaint Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2016
Week HR
People with minimal education
Great Financial Learning Experience
Dealer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2016
Good opportunity to learn about automobile lending and creating dealership relationships. Good start to becoming a financing director.
OK place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2016
Its rough at the start if you do not get alot of dealers signed up and the beginning then you are out of luck succeeding in this company
Cons
Guarantee decreases every month