Westlake Hospital Employee Reviews

A great place to work and will want to go back someday.
Transporter/Sitter (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJuly 16, 2018
I loved working here. The staff, management, from top to bottom are all very welcoming, kind, helpful and approachable. Unfortunately, in my position there wasn't a high ceiling unless you pursue a career path. And I had to go to pursue another career which they did not have a position for. But the field I'm going to study for (either Radiology or Nursing) will hopefully have me coming back to them.
Pros
Wonderful staff, great management
Cons
N/a
July 17, 2018

Thank you for this feedback! We're glad your role helped you develop professionally.

Fun place to work with laid back atmosphere
Medical Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 28, 2018
I loved my time at Westlake. We had a very laid back, family, atmosphere. Everybody gets along really well and treats each other with respect. I would definitely recommend Westlake to perspective applicants.
Pros
Atmosphere and co-workers
Cons
pay
May 30, 2018

We appreciate your positive review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Westlake's success.

I was a student
Sonography Student (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 23, 2018
I was a student. They do a lot of OB at this hospital. Staff was very helpful and it was a joy to work with the Sonographers there. They assisted with everything.
Pros
Staff
May 25, 2018

Thank you for that feedback! We're glad your role provided growth opportunities.

Westlake used to be very nice place to come to work to
Financial counselor (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 14, 2018
It can become a very stressful place to work due to poor management, I have learned a lot during my years of employment but feel that I am not learning enough to my ability. and feel like there is no room for growth.
May 15, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Westlake Hospital. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Laid back work place
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2018
A typical day at work for me was delivering and sorting mail. What I have from this company is if they are short handed they will put you in another depart that needs help.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
hauling mail to outside mailbox
May 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback! At Westlake Hospital, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Good place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILApril 8, 2018
Working at westlake is a great experience. You get to meet a lot of nice and good people that would grow on u in a good way . Become a family with all of them
April 10, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. At Westlake Hospital, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Great work place
Unit Secretary Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2018
Working with the company is very good, we have great nurses, great ceo and awesome patients. We have summer days were we bbq, we have outing with our staff and management.
March 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Westlake Hospital’s success.

Review
Travel RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 1, 2018
Working for Seton was the best job I had as an RN, it met and exceeded expectations. Please look to survey for more information. Working for St Davids met expectations as a new general nurse. It is an HCA facility located in North Austin, please look to survey for more information.
March 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Good Enviorment/ back stabbing co-workers
MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 10, 2018
I enjoyed working here although there was no sense of teamwork . This experience could of been a lot better if there was better communication and understanding between the staff and willingness to help one another instead of feeling threatened by the advancement of another employee.
Pros
good pay
Cons
untrustworthy staff
January 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Great place to work when was part of Resurrection Healthcare.
Former Chef (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILDecember 7, 2017
When Westlake was Resurrection Healthcare, it was a great place to work at. When Resurrection was sold to Vanguard, the downsizing, budget cutting changed the whole work environment. Wish it would have stayed with Resurrection Healthcare.
Pros
Good management and opportunity for career growth.
Cons
Sold to Vanguard Healthcare
December 9, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

small hospital, in dangerous area,barely able to stay open
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILNovember 9, 2017
A small community hospital, in a depressed and dangerous area, with few and near/past retirement age MDs, seemingly unable to recruit new MDs or keep dependable staff.
November 10, 2017

RN - acute rehab (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILOctober 15, 2017
I am happy here mostly because I work with a great team. The floor I work on has many smart, team-oriented people on it. I would feel comfortable sending anyone I know or care about to this hospital.
Pros
Awesome, smart team.
Cons
Not enough CNAs t
October 17, 2017

We appreciate your review. At Westlake Hospital, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Westlake Review
Med Tech Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILSeptember 16, 2017
Westlake was a great place to work, but had to leave due to consolidation. I worked with a great team and great infection control doctors. Administration was very supportive.
September 17, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. At Westlake, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Community Hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 16, 2017
I love the atmosphere of a community hospital. It allows the patients to get better one on one care. Unfortunately, the position I worked was registry.
Pros
Great location
Cons
not permanent
Fun place to work at the time
liaison between patients and doctors/RN (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJune 14, 2017
Good management. Staff worked well together and with doctors.
Salary was competitive and fair. Good reimbursement for continuing education.
Good communication between staff and doctors also with management
Pros
great staff
Cons
none really-I wanted a change, been there for 20+ years
I had great experience as the student in this hospital, everyone is so helpful , willing to teach you
Ultrasound Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJune 7, 2017
Great experience as a student in a clinical rotation. Hospital sonographers are very helpful, informative willing to help and teach you. Good place to learn and grow in your career.
Pros
Friendly environment
Productive environment with a lot of patient teaching opportunities
Student Nurse/ Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 10, 2017
I had my student clinical rotation at the Westlake Hospital for a full 8 shifts. I had great experiences here, acquired a lot of diverse patient cases and had the opportunity to provide a lot of patient education. The hospital nurses that I shadowed were very helpful, informative, knowledged, as well as welcoming and willing to collaborate! They were very respectful and I would love to work as a registered nurse here as well one day!
productive work environment
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILApril 25, 2017
Good place to learn and grow in your career, with excellent support and guidance. This work environment is suitable for anyone looking to develop a long lasting career.
Pros
Friendly environment
Fun workplace
Volunteer Work / externship (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILFebruary 1, 2017
I loved
it there I learned so much the hardest part was a respiratory machine. But other than that it was great the most enjoyable part was seeing patients much more happier, it was a wonderful experience to have volunteered there
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Good hard working employees
Patient transportation (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 4, 2016
Many hardworking employees that will rise to any challenge to better satisfy a patient even when not need.
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
Less work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westlake Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Westlake Hospital Reviews by Location