Westminster College Employee Reviews

MUSIC OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 13, 2018
It's a work study program for students enrolled at the college. I worked here because it was in my areas of study and interest. It wasn't great but it was okay.
poor management
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAJune 3, 2018
College has rules for students but does not penalize students for violating them.This made my job very hard to no and there was no respect for Public Safety and are dept was at the bottom of the list for improvements.Only 1 Officer on per shift.Worked part time 7 midnight every other week for the last 16 years.
Pros
Cons
no support
Assistant Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MOMay 3, 2018
I am a volunteer assistant coach at Westminster College as opposed to a full time employee. As such I do not have a review of the work environment. Thank you.
Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAApril 18, 2018
Best work study job there was there. Had the time of my life and learned so many different things which were able to be applied in various aspects of my life.
Fun workplace, Easy to fit in
Health and Wellness Center Reception Attendant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 18, 2018
Working at Westminster is fun and inclusive. The other employees and senior staff do a great job in making your work with useful and necessary. Very little stress involved.
Nice study place
Student Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOFebruary 17, 2018
It was a good place to study and work. I was an international student so I had limited working hours but, overall work culture is not that bad. Working at IT Help Desk enhances my skills.
Lifetime experience
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAFebruary 13, 2018
Excellent culture and environment! Well organized workplace and always with room for improvement. I learned how to manage my time for effectively and how to work with people with different backgrounds.
Friendly learning environment to work with.
Print Monitor (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOJanuary 30, 2018
I worked for the various departments of Westminster College. The work is fairly easy and you have supervisors who will assist you with anything. Mostly had to assist students and faculty with technical problems and classroom technology.
Sometimes you'll get lucky, sometimes you won't
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOJanuary 30, 2018
There's nothing I can say about Westminster Fulton overall that couldn't be contradicted in the same breath. It really comes down to which job you get, who's the head of your department at the time, and who you get saddled with as coworkers. Sometimes it's wonderful and everything runs smoothly (keeping in mind this is a college so life is always moving quickly and is rather stressful), and other times you find yourself hating your coworkers and wishing for your shift to end five minutes end.
Great school with ample on-campus employment opportunities.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 16, 2018
Westminster college is an excellent private school with vast diversity. The campus looks to fill many positions with students to help with the finances of college which makes it a friendly but competitive environment.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAJanuary 8, 2018
This was a good job that fit well with my schedule. It was relaxed job where I could do my homework in between helping the other students. I always had a blast when I was at work.
Great Place to work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 28, 2017
Westminster is a excellent place to work. It is a beautiful campus and you will always be working on something different. They offer excellent benefits and 17 paid holidays.
This was a laid back and fun job
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  New Wilmington, PANovember 23, 2017
I spend very few hours at work due to having too many guards. I wish I could receive more hours. However it is the most laid back job at the college. The management slightly lacked in getting things done.
Sort of okay
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 21, 2017
I feel lucky to be adjuncting in Utah, where it's nearly impossible to get a role doing what I do. The market is extremely fierce and competitive. However, adjuncting is not glorious. We make close to nothing.
Hey
Scenic shop foreman (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PANovember 17, 2017
This was a work study job. i learned a lot of carpentry, cad and all that jazz. The school had a touring crew that would come in and was great to work with.
Good place to work while in school
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 6, 2017
I worked as a TA to a professor in school. It was a good job to get paid while around campus but it definitely didnt pay very well but that is not why you get the job in the first place/
Good job
Library Information Help Desk (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAOctober 7, 2017
Westminster's work study is a great way to work while still in school. It was easy to change where you worked and simple tasks were involved that helped add to a resume.
The Power in Purpose
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOOctober 6, 2017
Westminster College is one of the highest quality educational institutions in the Midwest. It's a global community nestled in mid-Missouri (where you might not expect to find one). Employees of Westminster College are committed and dedicated to its very worthy mission.
Rewarding depending on position
Arts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jewett CenterAugust 12, 2017
There's a lot of bureaucracy to navigate within Westminster, but once you are able to figure out how to navigate through it, it becomes much easier. As with any academic organization, working with faculty can be frustrating, but once you know how to communicate efficiently with them, everything becomes easier.
Pros
Benefits, tuition remission
Cons
Low pay
Great Culture and Fun People
Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alumni & Parent Relations DepartmentAugust 10, 2017
I loved my time working for the Alumni & Parent Relations department at WC. As a graduate of Westminster, I only wish the upper management of Westminster demonstrated their value for our degrees by hiring more graduates.
Pros
great work/life balance, liberal atmosphere, support for continued education
Cons
few opportunities for advancement, low compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westminster College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight