Westminster Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews

Rewarding position
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 29, 2018
This was a part time position doing secretarial duties for the church. I appreciate the opportunity that I received. The Pastor/Elder and members were very nice.
Suburban church in north Dallas
Solo Pastor & Head of Staff (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2018
A beautiful church and wonderful preschool in the heart of north Dallas. It has a dog park for the community and serves the city in many different ways.
Staff dynamics can be challenging
Director of Children's Ministry (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 16, 2018
Interesting place to work, not much in the way of staff dynamics. Lots of turnover. Once you start at a pay level, it is hard to increase. Benefits are expensive.
Great place to work!
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 9, 2018
Many of the teachers have worked there for years. They are very knowledgeable when it comes to child care. They are a great group of ladies who know how to care for children and help them learn.
Fun place to work/ flexible hours / friendly staff
Building Staff (Former Employee) –  Butler, PASeptember 5, 2018
I had a great time working at the church everyone was friendly and welcoming to me. Everyone was very happy for me that I got my degree and was looking for a higher paying job in general. I learned how to manage my time well and was treated well by management. I loved the flexibility of the job where I got to make my schedule based on when I was needed most.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
healthcare/pay
Fulfilling Place to work
Church Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Temple City, CAAugust 8, 2018
Westminister Presbyterian Church is a small older church facing the ever changing demographics of their community.
The members and office staff work to support the members. It is a positive and rewarding work culture.
Pros
Meaningful work and relations
Wonderful
Kitchen Coordinator, Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Beaverdale, IAJuly 30, 2018
Great atmosphere great pay great people great place to worship and work! Wouldn't have left but just not the place for my chosen career path. Loved my job
Cons
Customer service was good, as that is one of my best assets
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 25, 2018
There are too many bosses, and too many people counting money, making it difficult to keep track. Too many mistakes made by those people. I was always expected to "fix" it.
Pros
good work hours
Cons
too many bosses
Wonderful Scantuary and congregation
Paid Chorister and Bass Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 6, 2018
I loved sinigng with the choir. It was great singing to the lord and in worship with peaceful minded and devout christians. The choir was lead with great expertise and accompanied by great musicians.
Office Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJuly 4, 2018
Updated and coordinated all facets of the church office. Responsible for all church correspondence, publications, membership records, and office operations.
Pros
great people
Cons
was replacing very popular employee, was difficult to fill their shoes
Productive, Volunteer Work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Upper St. Clair, PAJune 26, 2018
While it isn't a paying job because it's volunteer work, Westminster Presbyterian Church is an excellent place to help others through charity, retreats, VBS, and Sunday School.
Great Live Sound Experience
Lead Sound (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 30, 2018
I got some great experience working between speaking and full band music. I had to always be vigilant on who was speaking, keeping me very involved with the church services.
Judgemental
Assistant Children's Ministry Director (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 21, 2018
This job was very judgmental and handled things as high school students would. Lack of communication and ability to be straight forward with other employees
Wonderful Church and Congregation
Intern (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 2, 2018
Loved working with Westminster. Caring congregation and a community equality advocate. Small enough to know everyone and large enough that there is always something new to plan.
It is a wonderful place to work.
Church Musician (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 27, 2018
I love playing at the church. Everyone is appreciative of your efforts. Working with the various people help me step out of my comfort zone. I have the ability to try new things.
Wonderful Church
Child Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PADecember 30, 2017
Great atmosphere, staff, and members! I really enjoyed being a member and getting the opportunity to work with such wonderful people. Easy days with understanding staff and members.
Simple first job
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 3, 2017
I worked part time during high-school and some college. Was able to work just one day/week as a part time doing audio/visuals for the worship band and church service.
Great place, great people
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster, INNovember 2, 2017
I worked here temporarily and I loved it. Everyone was so nice and patient and caring and really wanted to help people. The preschool is amazing and a great place for kids.
Good Place to Work
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 9, 2017
Wonderful staff and beautiful campus/location. However, as with most churches there is limited opportunity for growth. It would benefit the new employee to have good understanding of the Presbyterian faith.
Pros
Beautiful campus and nice people
Cons
traffic in this area can be very congested
A learning experience
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX 79762August 15, 2017
Learned all aspects of being a bookkeeper for a church. Also kept the records for a mothers day out program that was run by the church.
Keep up with the financial records and reports that were approved by the membership of the church