Westminster Presbyterian Church Management reviews

Fun place to work/ flexible hours / friendly staff
Building Staff (Former Employee) –  Butler, PASeptember 5, 2018
I had a great time working at the church everyone was friendly and welcoming to me. Everyone was very happy for me that I got my degree and was looking for a higher paying job in general. I learned how to manage my time well and was treated well by management. I loved the flexibility of the job where I got to make my schedule based on when I was needed most.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
healthcare/pay
Judgemental
Assistant Children's Ministry Director (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 21, 2018
This job was very judgmental and handled things as high school students would. Lack of communication and ability to be straight forward with other employees
Great place to work, bad management
Facilities Staff (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 18, 2017
Loved working here but management was not the best. Kept all the jobs fairly equal between all janitors. Did show some favoritism and was not very good at keeping confidentiality.
Challenging to maintain peace and achieve job/work balance
Installed Pastor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 5, 2017
Being a solo pastor is a 24/7 position. Personal time management is essential, and even with that it is very hard to achieve a balance between work and personal life. Individual faith comes in a wide range and many people try to insist that everyone believes as they do in this particular church.
Wonderful people, flexible hours, reasonable management
SECTION LEADER CHOIRISTER (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 3, 2016
Singing in the choir Sunday mornings and Thursday night rehearsals, special performances are known about months in advance

I learned about leading and teaching a section of people to learn new pieces of music. I learned about the importance of listening to others and working together to create a well produced product.

Management has changed three times since I started and all three have been reasonable, professional and understanding people who are willing to work with their employees to help establish a good relationship.

The hardest part of the job is having the confidence to know that you are correct in what you are singing, even when you are learning a new piece of music.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a group of people who are there because they want to create a product that is beautiful and moving to the audience/congregation.
Pros
Wonderful people, flexible hours, reasonable management
Cons
Early Sunday morning and late evening rehearsals
Very energetic, busy church to work which I've enjoyed over the years.
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 21, 2016
There is no typical day because when working at a church you have congregants walking in at any time needing help, counseling, copies, directions, etc. I enjoy each day being different. I have grown to be proficient in Microsoft Office, learned technical aspects of printers, postage machines, etc. I manage our HVAC on a daily basis.

It is a very small staff of about 18 and our "management" is our pastors. They are very gracious. I am a member of the church and will continue attending once I'm able to obtain part-time employment.

The most difficult part of my job is being able to stay on top of our facility calendar and HVAC system. Changes daily. The most enjoyable part of my job are helping the congregants. I have a "here to serve" personality and love to help others.
Pros
covered in review
Cons
covered in review
Productive workplace
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 27, 2014
Management was awesome and extremely caring with all aspects of their employees. More like family than co-workers
Pros
Caring people.
Cons
Economical lay offs
Very Fun Place to work and Learn
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAMay 30, 2013
I loved working here during my time, however, they are under new management, so Im not sure how it is now. I had a wonderful Direstor who worked hard and often for the needs of the employees and the students.
Pros
Build new, lasting relationships
Cons
The workplace is small.