Westminster Retirement Employee Reviews

Horrible
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 24, 2018
This place looks beautiful but on the inside it’s a nightmare. Your the only nurse on the floor, no one to guide you or anything. Everyone is overworked. If they had a better management and organization this could be a great business. Everything is done on the 3-11 shift forget about about your social life and your family westminister will own you.
Enriching
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 26, 2018
I've been with Westminster for over a year and still look forward to coming into work every day. Hands down best job I've ever had with the best PTO plans and Health Insurance discounts I've seen. They offer a wellness program that'll give you back $45 per pay check! I pay $8 per pay check for medical insurance!! Great employee meals for $3.50
Pros
Wellness, Insurance, Pto, Retirement plans, Work life balance, Meals
It may be better than where you have been!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Westminster manor health centerMarch 23, 2018
Is it tough work? Yes.
Are we busy? Yes.
Do we ever feel under paid? Yes.
Do staff some times bicker? Yes.
Do we feel that we are under staffed at times? Yes.
Is that any different than where you have been? No.
It's the nature of this industry. And I have been at a whole lot worse.
The fifth star? We are making change, we are doing it right, we care, we are building an incredible nursing team, and we are getting there.
Will it ever be the best place you have worked? Perhaps.
You are invited, and more than welcome to stop complaining and come be a part of change and find out.
Pros
Great nursing team.
Cons
None less than some you've complained about before.
Horrible experience.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 16, 2018
Poor staff training, frustrating communication, horrible nursing practices, lack of respect and care for employees, unsafe for residents. Tons of agency and little staffing consistency.
Westminster Manor is a Great place to work!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Bradenton ManorMarch 12, 2018
At Westminster Manor we have great residents and co-workers. It is a family like atmosphere, where we care for our residents and co-workers and have fun while we work!
Not worth working there
RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Good interview process. Orientation is too short, only one week to learn a difficult job. Good staff. Great residents. Management is horrible and they are insincere. Long hours without hardly any breaks. Overworked nurses. Lots of mistakes and shortcuts are made and swept under the rug. 40 patients to one nurse without help . Poor compensation and no shift differential.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Horrible management
Horrible work place no respect dont do it
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 26, 2018
I don't recommend anyone to work here they don't care about the employees they work you like a dog with low pay the staff is rude and so are the supervisors and directors in there eyes you always do everything wrong never right this place is a horror story take it from me I still work there and trying to get out!!!!!!as we speak
Cons
Employee morale is at an all time low.
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Short staffing on purpose. Staff doesn’t help one another because they CAN’T. No one can help any one because every one is already doing more than they are able. It is a miserable state of affairs. The only way to get through a shift is to keep your head down and cut corners.
Pros
We all love the residents
Cons
Everything else
Once was a nice place to work at.
Staffing Coordinator/CNA (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 24, 2017
If you are wanting to work for a facility that has a Director of Nursing that does not care about the employee' s, then this is for you. If you want to work for a facility where you are a number to the D.O.N , then this is for you. If you want to work for a facility where there is NO communication from the D.O.N, then this is for you. It " use" to be a great facility to work at... They decided to bring in a new director of Nursing that has no respect for others...since then, the staff percentage has dropped drastically. They are so short staffed they have also out sourced to 3 staffing agencies. She is a do as I say, not as I do leader. She is not a team leader at all. If you want to be a slave and a puppet on a string.....go for it.
Pros
you can call off or be a no call no show, and still have a job.
Cons
no leadership- very short staffed
Beware of places always hiring!!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 28, 2017
Worst place i ever worked. I quit and i never quit any job in my life! No teamwork at all. Screaming nurses and cna's fighting and trash talking all the time. Don't waste your time! They say they will pay for experience.. That maxes out at 12.50. Plllleeeeease!
Pros
Cons
Hostile environment! Not worth it.
Great Starter Job
Captain/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 13, 2017
Westminister is a great place to start off, and get familiar with the food and dining, without being overwhelmed, it is easy and pays minimum wage. You get raises, if job is done well, and there is a nice feeling knowing the people you serve, everyday.
Pros
Easy job, sweet people, in the area, on the water.
Cons
It isnt the highest paying job, but for a first job it is fine.
ok place to work staff help me to be the person im today thats .
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2017
I work fo 25 years loved this job and if i had to go back i would thanks for a great place the pay was bad the the staff i work with were great the head nurse was not so nice but it ol cause god take care his angels good luck on this wonderful place.
Pros
staff
Cons
pay not so great
Lousy place to work
Housekeeper/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 19, 2017
The place was short staffed. I was not trained properly and the supervisors were very unfriendly. I only worked here a very short time. When trying to find workers to ask questions, I found them hiding and on their cell phone.
Pros
Cons
Work environment, low pay
Enormous Responsibility = Poor Compensation
LPN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2017
The property located on Julington Creek (in Mandarin/St. Johns Fl) is ridiculously HUGE. As the ALF nurse you are expected to not only care for (pass meds etc..) the 60+/- ALF residents, and the 20-30 memory care residents, but you are also responsible for responding to ANY and ALL calls from the rest of the the ONLY NURSE on duty for the ENTIRE 75 ACRE PROPERTY; which includes 4 independent living sites.
With that said, the LPN pay rate for the enormous amount of sole responsibility is a joke at best.
For a facility that costs the residents an obscene amount to live there; the employee pay is comparable to that of a state funded facility.

Sad.
Pros
Residents are sweet
Cons
Pay rate, lack of training, out dated paper EMRs.
its okay
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Mandarin, FLApril 30, 2016
A housekeeper is a person who is hired to provide professional domestic services such as cleaning, laundry, and sometimes cooking and errands. Usually only wealthy households employ full-time domestic workers, though many dual-income upper and middle class families hire the services of a housekeeper for periodic household cleaning.
Considered a luxury by many, employing a full-time housekeeper may involve providing room and board in addition to a weekly or monthly salary. This person usually does not have any involvement with children in the household, but rather is responsible only for keeping the house clean and orderly. He or she may or may not be employed to shop for and prepare meals.
Part-time housekeepers, on the other hand, do not work for a single household, but rather visit several different households throughout the course of a week. They may work for an agency or company who places them with interested clients. Households that hire a part-time cleaners might request their services weekly, biweekly, or even monthly. Typically, a housekeeper working part-time is responsible only for routine, thorough cleaning of the home.
Typical duties of a housekeeper include vacuuming, dusting, mopping, kitchen and bathroom details, along with surface cleaning. The person's exact duties are worked out between the employer and the housekeeper when discussing employment terms. In addition to private households, hotels, nursing homes and extended care facilities also hire staff specifically for housekeeping.
Pros
it has benefit for full time
Cons
waking up early in the morning
Tallahassee westiminster oaks Housekeeping Dept .
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 16, 2016
This place work you hard ,low pay and treat they employees like garbage. I will not recommend anyone apply here.They very short staff and want hire anyone trying to save money.Housekeeping can't get 40 hours per week. We have to do a lot of work no help.Supervisor don't care and only see your wrong doings.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay
kind and quiet
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 9, 2016
great location, very nice clean hard working individuals. Very productive company and the people were nice and seemed to work together to get the job done
Pros
productivity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westminster Retirement. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4