Westminster Retirement Employee Reviews

2.3
Ratings breakdown
Disapointed in this organization
Server (Current Employee) –  SuncoastAugust 11, 2018
What was to be a Summer Job turned into a horrible disappointment. It takes weeks and even months to get hired and the support was very lacking from all sides.
Pros
Hourly Staff
Cons
Not what it is advertised.
Prefer not to disclose (Current Employee) –  SuncoastAugust 9, 2018
Not an environment that reflects a "Faith Based" organization, specifically the Suncoast property. Be cautious before starting to work there. It will likely not be a long term job.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Residents are great & take you in as family
Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 22, 2018
Management is Horrible they only care about the time being of food served instead of how the residents like it. Treat servers like slaves while they walk around and nag about extra & talk about problems at home. Always short staffed & asking employees to come in on days off. Wouldn't recommend this Job title to anyone 18+ or looking for a full time career i'd leave it as a job for the minors & with the pay not even that I'd work at mcdonalds instead actually
Pros
Residents are kind
Cons
Director.. manangement is terrible
Cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 25, 2018
I cooked for residents that had problems eating regular food and that was on specific food diets loved the job but.found another job making alot.more money
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not.enough pay
Inspiring environment serving seniors
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 20, 2018
A great place to work if you love working for older people. If you don't then why would you take this job. Every day you can work alongside other people who want to work toward the greater good. Westminster cares most about the residents. This is a faith based nonprofit environment. Good for residents, not as great for employees. Maybe a little too Christian sometimes. But in total a wonderful place to work!
Pros
Great working environment, good employees, good managers
Cons
Expensive benefits
Don’t waste your time.
Server (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 13, 2018
This company does not care for its residents nor its employees the management is horrible you never know what to expect. Things are constantly changing and you never know who’s showing up to work. In many occasions I had to fill in for another employee or “two “ due to “no call no show”. There is no punishment for this type a behavior. The residents are sitting in filthy chairs and Unsanitized tables. The only good part of the job was the interaction with the residents.
Not a place to work if you value strong management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 12, 2018
Poor training, poor management, lack of empathy from leadership.

There was an air of "just do your job and keep quiet". Even if corners are cut and people living here are not getting what they were promised when they moved into this facility. I would NEVER leave a family member here.
Pros
none to mention
Cons
No breaks, poor care to residents, lack of any feelings for the staff or residents by Owners and Leadership
Horrible
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 24, 2018
This place looks beautiful but on the inside it’s a nightmare. Your the only nurse on the floor, no one to guide you or anything. Everyone is overworked. If they had a better management and organization this could be a great business. Everything is done on the 3-11 shift forget about about your social life and your family westminister will own you.
Enriching
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 26, 2018
I've been with Westminster for over a year and still look forward to coming into work every day. Hands down best job I've ever had with the best PTO plans and Health Insurance discounts I've seen. They offer a wellness program that'll give you back $45 per pay check! I pay $8 per pay check for medical insurance!! Great employee meals for $3.50
Pros
Wellness, Insurance, Pto, Retirement plans, Work life balance, Meals
It may be better than where you have been!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Westminster manor health centerMarch 23, 2018
Is it tough work? Yes.
Are we busy? Yes.
Do we ever feel under paid? Yes.
Do staff some times bicker? Yes.
Do we feel that we are under staffed at times? Yes.
Is that any different than where you have been? No.
It's the nature of this industry. And I have been at a whole lot worse.
The fifth star? We are making change, we are doing it right, we care, we are building an incredible nursing team, and we are getting there.
Will it ever be the best place you have worked? Perhaps.
You are invited, and more than welcome to stop complaining and come be a part of change and find out.
Pros
Great nursing team.
Cons
None less than some you've complained about before.
Horrible experience.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 16, 2018
Poor staff training, frustrating communication, horrible nursing practices, lack of respect and care for employees, unsafe for residents. Tons of agency and little staffing consistency.
Westminster Manor is a Great place to work!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Bradenton ManorMarch 12, 2018
At Westminster Manor we have great residents and co-workers. It is a family like atmosphere, where we care for our residents and co-workers and have fun while we work!
Not worth working there
RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Good interview process. Orientation is too short, only one week to learn a difficult job. Good staff. Great residents. Management is horrible and they are insincere. Long hours without hardly any breaks. Overworked nurses. Lots of mistakes and shortcuts are made and swept under the rug. 40 patients to one nurse without help . Poor compensation and no shift differential.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Horrible management
Horrible work place no respect dont do it
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 26, 2018
I don't recommend anyone to work here they don't care about the employees they work you like a dog with low pay the staff is rude and so are the supervisors and directors in there eyes you always do everything wrong never right this place is a horror story take it from me I still work there and trying to get out!!!!!!as we speak
Cons
Employee morale is at an all time low.
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Short staffing on purpose. Staff doesn’t help one another because they CAN’T. No one can help any one because every one is already doing more than they are able. It is a miserable state of affairs. The only way to get through a shift is to keep your head down and cut corners.
Pros
We all love the residents
Cons
Everything else
Once was a nice place to work at.
Staffing Coordinator/CNA (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 24, 2017
If you are wanting to work for a facility that has a Director of Nursing that does not care about the employee' s, then this is for you. If you want to work for a facility where you are a number to the D.O.N , then this is for you. If you want to work for a facility where there is NO communication from the D.O.N, then this is for you. It " use" to be a great facility to work at... They decided to bring in a new director of Nursing that has no respect for others...since then, the staff percentage has dropped drastically. They are so short staffed they have also out sourced to 3 staffing agencies. She is a do as I say, not as I do leader. She is not a team leader at all. If you want to be a slave and a puppet on a string.....go for it.
Pros
you can call off or be a no call no show, and still have a job.
Cons
no leadership- very short staffed
Beware of places always hiring!!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 28, 2017
Worst place i ever worked. I quit and i never quit any job in my life! No teamwork at all. Screaming nurses and cna's fighting and trash talking all the time. Don't waste your time! They say they will pay for experience.. That maxes out at 12.50. Plllleeeeease!
Pros
Cons
Hostile environment! Not worth it.
Great Starter Job
Captain/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 13, 2017
Westminister is a great place to start off, and get familiar with the food and dining, without being overwhelmed, it is easy and pays minimum wage. You get raises, if job is done well, and there is a nice feeling knowing the people you serve, everyday.
Pros
Easy job, sweet people, in the area, on the water.
Cons
It isnt the highest paying job, but for a first job it is fine.
Summary
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 15, 2017
It was okay but I was glad to leave no advancement.They had a lack of sympathy for how the waiters felt on matters and wanted 5 star service with one star pay.
Pros
Staff was great and cooperative
Cons
Management was awful
ok place to work staff help me to be the person im today thats .
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2017
I work fo 25 years loved this job and if i had to go back i would thanks for a great place the pay was bad the the staff i work with were great the head nurse was not so nice but it ol cause god take care his angels good luck on this wonderful place.
Pros
staff
Cons
pay not so great