Westminster Village North Employee Reviews

poor
Server (waitress) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46236October 4, 2018
Working at Westminster was fun but no where near beneficital to me. The Managment was poor they were only thining about the residents but not the staff. The job was easygoing and fast paste
One of the best companies that I ever worked for
Dishwasher/Housekeeping/Serving (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2018
You have very fun-loving conversations and interactions with residents. You have coworkers for most part that are very friendly and very collaborative. You have a job that is very professional and make it mission to make sure all of its staff is taking care of. Would really recommend it.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
none I can think of
Great workplace with competitive pay
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2018
A typical day at work...clock in, get a report from the shift before, answer call lights, push residents in a wheelchair to meals, remind the other residents for meals, give residents their showers for that day, assist residents with dressing/undressing, assist residents with going to the bathroom, chart, empty the trash, and give a report of your shift to the next shift. Management needs to communicate more with staff or get to know their employees better. Mostly everyone gets along with each other. Hardest part of the job would be teamwork and working with residents who need to be in the health center so they can receive a higher level of care that they need. The most enjoyable days are working with people who care about the residents and teamwork.
Pros
Residents that love you and what you do for them, new friendships with your coworkers, competitive pay.
Cons
Short-no breaks, not enough help sometimes.
Great staff
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2018
Great work environment and compassionate staff, helpful, clean facility, was a great place to advance my nursing skills, was great at encouraging staff.
Westminster Village North
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2018
The patients at Westminster were great and I loved working there because of them. However, the management was terrible and they seem to hire people who do not care to do their work. Therefor, their turnover rate was ridiculous and they show a lot of favoritism to people who do not deserve it. If you are a good and honest worker this might not be the place for you as they only value workers who quickly get the job done not those who do the job right.
Great Place to Work
Director of Financial Operations (Current Employee) –  InMarch 17, 2018
WVN is an excellent organization to work. Management is great and the BOD are a great benefit to the village. I have really enjoyed the past four years of employment. The environment and people are first rate.
Friendly and caring
Activities Assistant/Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 2, 2018
In Activities and in the Business Office, the residents took priority. It was a privilege to develop relationships with both residents and other staff members.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Communication challenges
great place to grow
LPN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2018
I enjoyed WVN it was a great place to grow, good coworkers, training provided. It could be stressful but it comes with the job. Room for advancement and not afraid to promote from within.
Pros
training advancement
Cons
fast pace
had major issues
Informatics nurse manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 24, 2017
The Management did not engage employees in anyway. WMV had major staffing issues. Provided little to no onboarding education..........................................
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Management is bad
QMA (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 2, 2017
The only interest that management has, is themselves. They could care less about anything else. Beautiful building. But the care is subpar. Save yourself and look elsewhere for work.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Great palce to work with wonderful people
Receptionist duties (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2017
Westminster is a great place to work with a wonderful group of people to work with. I truly love my job and the people I work with. The residents are more than kind. I would retire from this place if I had more room to move up and make more money. If I were a nurse there would be more opportunity to grow with the company.
Pros
They do alot for employees, Cookouts, Christmas bonus, yearly bonus.
Cons
Insurance a little expensive for a family plan. No room for growth, for just the average person
Not my favorite place to work
RN Nurse Navigator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46236July 20, 2017
A stressful work environment. Very little praise to employees from management. Referral bonus. Good benefits and time off. Discounted lunches. Christmas bonus.
Pros
clean environment, discounted lunch
Cons
huge facility Was a long walk to every where and little parking
Good job for college student
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2017
A good job while I was in college. I didn't learn much while working here. I came in set table and took orders and severed food. I bust the table after each meal. It was a good Job while I was in school.
Cons
Rewarding position - making a difference in lives each day
Marketing Communications & Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2017
No two days are ever the same at the Village. Time management is critical. Days are spent balancing the demands of implementing marketing communication goals,creating and executing flawless events, coordinating across departments, and planning leisure services calendars for 350 personalities. Comments on newsletter articles, notes of appreciation, and smiles each day mean my efforts are reaching someone else. I may not please everyone some of the time, but I please someone all of the time.
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2017
Director of Nursing on healthcare side is a very nasty nurse. They got all new management in the building and it went down from there. They increased the pay but cannot keep employees.
its ok
PRN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2017
huge facility, newly renovated very nice moral. Horrible management, a little unorganized, one of there patient care units is like one whole facility in its own, which is usually under staffed and poorly ran.
Everything That Glitters Isn't Gold
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis INJanuary 24, 2017
Very nice building, that's well maintained. Staff in other departments (housekeeping, laundry and dietary) were always nice to work with and very welcoming. With the nursing staff, it was a 50/50 toss. Poor nurse management that was ill equipped to handle the day to day 'floor' nursing. Inadequately staffed to the point that it brought about resident care and safety issues. NEVER enough staff to provide the level of care that I would want for my loved one. No feedback for staff, no incentives, not the best pay in the markwt for skillsets. More often than not anyone with a pulse and an unincumbered license or certification could work there. Benefits for staff were extremely expensive, not comparable for the market. More often than not, no one held accountable. The only time management showed much intrest was when the facilty was due to have Sate present for survey or a resident's family member threatened legal action. Sad, sad place. I wouldn't recommend for a new to health care person.
Pros
The residents were amazing. The sense of satisfaction in giving your all. Nice building/grounds, doesn't have that 'nursing home' smell.
Cons
Rate of pay isn't comparable, lack of skilled, knowledgeable nursing management. High turn over rates, short staffing, poor CMS ratings. Horrible work life balance. Health benefits are way expensive.
Great pay and lovely environment
Unit Coordinator, RN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2016
The buildings and entire village creates a beautiful place to work. Many of the co-workers are great people and often work together as a team. Pay is good, very comparable for other LTCs, and a generous amount of paid time off is allowed to be earned.
Pros
great pay, large amount of paid time off
Cons
often short-staffed, negative attitudes
Productive place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2016
Westminster is a great assisted living/ nursing home to work at. The staff honestly cares about the wellbeing of the residents. I learned how to properly care for residents at Westminister. The most enjoyable part of this job is caring for the residents.
Fun
shift manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2016
Make monthly calendars for activities for the residents. Perform daily interactions with up to 30 residents daily. Set up trips for out to lunch or shopping with residents. Hardest part was getting close to the residents and they pass away. The most enjoyable was the way the residents' eyes would light up to just have company.